Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 01:28 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,079,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
back at ya. you are so devoted to believing that law enforcement was 'racist', it peels back layers of your brain to even consider this may not have been the case. it is completely outside your comprehensive abilities.

your very world crumbles at the concept that LE made the best decision available, given their knowledge of the situation.so be it.
"Their knowledge of the situation" consists entirely of taking Zimmerman's statement as factual and doing no background check on him, doing no forensic examination of his clothing or the gun used in the murder, no attempt to find wittnesses whose statements would confirm or deny Zimmerman's account. They had Trayvon's cell phone and yet didn't do the most basic things such as looking at his last call made on it or checking his contact numbers so that they could identify the dead young man. His father called that cell phone repeatedly while it was in the possession of the police department and yet they didn't even answer the phone to find out if it would help them identify the young man they listed as "John Doe."

So excuse me if I don't share your sheep like belief in the police department's decision making capabilities.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,888,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post

Zimmerman is clearly a racist.
How do you know this?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,727,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
AA man shot an unarmed white skateboarder not too long ago in florida, where was the AA public outrage????
What outrage was the black community supposed to have when they saw an old black man getting arrested for a CRIME HE COMMITTED? They didn't argue about it, now did they? So what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
zimmerman is
That's the only fact you've got right. Lay off FOX. It's destroying your judgment, which appears to be the point of FOX/ tabloid pollution.

What's this really about with you, huck? You're intimidated by teenagers, therefore, all teens, particularly black, are justifiably judged & summarily executed on the spot? You're aren't right in the head. I'm serious. This kid was stalked by a man 10+yrs senior who had a fire arm. Look what you're protecting. Because you're latino? Look at yourself. Time to choose. Are you going to defend latino America, or defend America? Pick one. You can't have both. Your loyalty belongs in ONE place. A man cannot serve 2 masters and if you're willing to sell principles down the road to protect your vanity as a latino, you're not a citizen of my country.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,559,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So what makes this unique?
Because in the rare case where the races are switched, the accused black is always immediately arrested and charged for the crime. The fact that Zimmerman continues to walk free after murdering the teen for no apparent reason is what make this case different and upsetting to so many people.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
You have a way of eviscerating nonsense and putting things into perspective.... must come with experience.
Eviscerating? Interesting choice of words from someone who wants to lynch a man who hasn't been charged - do you also have violent fantasies of harikiri?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
NYGuy..
yea, he was visiting his father's girlfriends house.. that's what was initially reported... They were watching the NBA All Star game and he went out during half time to the store.. the incident occurred on his way back. So, yes.. he belonged their but NO he was not a resident.

The outrage in this case occurred when the Police Department and Attorney Generals office appeared satisfied with Zimmerman's story of self defense when the facts didn't seem to point to that.

Do I think Zimmerman deserves the death penalty, NAW.. but a good LONG stint in the Pen would seem to be warranted.

Do I think Zimmerman was racially motivated? Not enough information to confirm this. But we should focus on Zimmerman's crime which at minimum is man slaughter.

Again my biggest concern is the PD seemed to simply rubber stamp this incident as self defense. They didn't appear to Want to investigate this further than simply questioning Zimmerman and some eye witness' whom the appear to have coached or coaxed if you will.

I think we would all benefit by trying to look at this from the parents of Trayvon's point of view. Your child was walking home or to a home he was visiting and someone profiled him, stalked him, approached him, accused him and then shot him dead.. then the Police seem to want to simply brush it under the rug and move on.. WOW! I can see the outrage..
Very fair analysis.

However you are a tad bit too diplomatic for my taste. I strongly believe that Zimmerman should face the death penalty. Society has to send a strong message that this kind of crime will never be tolerated.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:38 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,035,955 times
Quote:
Where else in the civilized world can you shoot a child to death and get away with it because of an arbitrary law that allows you to murder at will and then claim self-defense to cover it up?

The complicity and blatant corruption of the Sanford police department in handling the case is just further salt in the wound. Things like this are not supposed to happen in a civilized first-world country. Florida is an embarrassment to America.

The fact that Zimmerman is walking free today is not just a great injustice, it's a damning indictment on us as a nation. If this man isn't brought to justice for this murder, America can no longer claim to be the champion of the free world when its own citizens can't even walk the streets in their own neighborhood without been murdered because of the color of their skin.
I gotta say, New York isn't impressing me much right now, either...

52,221 posts, read 33,935,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
"Their knowledge of the situation" consists entirely of taking Zimmerman's statement as factual and doing no background check on him, doing no forensic examination of his clothing or the gun used in the murder, no attempt to find wittnesses whose statements would confirm or deny Zimmerman's account. They had Trayvon's cell phone and yet didn't do the most basic things such as looking at his last call made on it or checking his contact numbers so that they could identify the dead young man. His father called that cell phone repeatedly while it was in the possession of the police department and yet they didn't even answer the phone to find out if it would help them identify the young man they listed as "John Doe."

So excuse me if I don't share your sheep like belief in the police department's decision making capabilities.
You are free to cling to your own sheeplike beliefs. There is clearly nothing that can dissuade you.
Read the FL law on the books. Tell us what points LE disobeyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What outrage was the black community supposed to have when they saw an old black man getting arrested for a CRIME HE COMMITTED? They didn't argue about it, now did they? So what are you talking about?

That's the only fact you've got right. Lay off FOX. It's destroying your judgment, which appears to be the point of FOX/ tabloid pollution.

What's this really about with you, huck? You're intimidated by teenagers, therefore, all teens, particularly black, are justifiably judged & summarily executed on the spot? You're aren't right in the head. I'm serious. This kid was stalked by a man 10+yrs senior who had a fire arm. Look what you're protecting. Because you're latino? Look at yourself. Time to choose. Are you going to defend latino America, or defend America? Pick one. You can't have both. Your loyalty belongs in ONE place. A man cannot serve 2 masters and if you're willing to sell principles down the road to protect your vanity as a latino, you're not a citizen of my country.
Well said and highly rated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckleberry3911948 View Post
zimmerman is a mexican.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies