Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:39 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times

Advertisements

It's good to see at least a couple people do not blindly accept the story the mainstream media presents to its sheeple and use critical thinking to search for the absolute truth.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:40 AM

128 posts, read 455,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
FLORIDA leads the nation in deadly hit and run, pedestrian deaths, motorcycle, and bicycle deaths. It is a banana republic.
yep, you got it. why? immigrants? have you seen the way colombians drive, in colombia? GOOGLE: MIAMI DADE BROWARD TRAFFIC FATALITIES ST. PATRICKS DAY. Did you hear about the woman running into a cabana at riverside hotel in ft. lauderdale, killing a woman 6 months pregnant, killing her passenger, and seriously injuring herself. rumer has it she was an illegal immigrant from cuba? GOOGLE: HIT AND RUN DEATHS BROWARD COUNTY. ( yep, we are #1 )

Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Very fair analysis.

However you are a tad bit too diplomatic for my taste. I strongly believe that Zimmerman should face the death penalty. Society has to send a strong message that this kind of crime will never be tolerated.
He will never face the death penalty.. deserving or not. I would NOT be surprised if he got off.. I would be disappointed but not surprised. The way the law is written, its gonna be hard to convict this fellow of murder..

Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

It is a banana republic.
Although I agree with some of what you wrote in your post, it's not that way in all of Florida. For example, if you look at the FBI statistic for both Sanford and Cape Coral

Sanford, pop 53,000 - violent crime rating 6.

Cape Coral, pop 155,000 - violent crime rating 3.

In other words, a city with less than 1/3 the population has twice the crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
He will never face the death penalty.. deserving or not. I would NOT be surprised if he got off.. I would be disappointed but not surprised. The way the law is written, its gonna be hard to convict this fellow of murder..
Yes, the law has tripled the number of so-called justifiable homicides, but blame the NRA and Jeb Bush. I honestly don't think Zimmerman was thinking about this at all when he followed Traynor Martin. He profiled him, followed him, and shot a teenager to death because he's an overzealous, cop wannabe who never thought anyone would care this much. The police department is corrupt too. I've posted too much already, but I don't like all this FL bashing as if there aren't problems in other states. It's just too hot for me most of the time!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It could back fire on him if it did.

Zimmerman is I guess technically Hispanic, they say he speaks Spanish and resides in a swing state where Hispanics will be key. I'm betting he lets Holder handle this one.

Blacks will vote for him no matter what, why risk it?
According to his father (Zimmerman) has Black family members too!

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Zimmerman isn't white so how can he be a racist?
You don't really believe this do you?

1,604 posts, read 1,565,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Actually there's some pretty strong evidence against him. A good prosecutor can get a 1st degree conviction out of this if they do their homework.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,147 times
Quote:
Actually there's some pretty strong evidence against him. A good prosecutor can get a 1st degree conviction out of this if they do their homework.
1st degree murder? Really? Well, let's hear how all the elements are satisfied...

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Had Trayvon not been black- if it were me, would Zimmerman have had the cajones to go after me? Little does he know I'm armed and have been taught to kill by the military. An old white lady. He'd never see it coming from me if I had criminal inclinations. Why? Because I'm not black.
Total speculation using a hypothetical situation.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Quote:
Wishful thinking...
I bet you a dime to a doughnut the prosecutor offers a PLEA of Man Slaughter.. I hope I am wrong but I think the odds favor such. It's gonna be hard to prove murder 1. Damn hard... and you risk letting the guy skate like OJ.. the prosecutor offers a PLEA.. man slaughter.. that's my bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies