Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I was wrong. I thought that was the reason but it wasn't. I don't know why it took her so long but it doesn't matter. Fact is she has one.

If you read about the history of feminism you would see that they fought so that not only would women be able to mother and work, but also so they wouldn't be degraded for it. They also didn't just fight for women who agree with them, they fought for all women. Unlike todays feminists who only fight for women on the left, they are fake.
Why would I need to read about it when I had the real deal telling me about it til just a few years ago?
My grandmother was a suffragette, my mother was a feminist in the 50s.
The rest of your post is BS.
BTW, you can thank my grandmother, and other women like her, for all the opportunities you have, put some flowers on her grave, yellow roses were her favorite;
Shes buried here;
http://archstl.org/cemeteries/content/view/91/233/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 06:47 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, five colleges in five years.

Can you say "short attention span?" LOL
But it's ok to degrade Miss Fluke, in the most vile and disgusting ways, for nine hours straight? And for others to pick up Rush's mantle and continue the disgusting degradation in places like City Data and on right wing radio and t.v. programs, and the continued spread of lies and totally dishonest rhetoric about her, just because she was advocating for something for OTHER women (not herself) that some may not agree with?
come on please fluke was advocating for herself that's bs, she change her tune very quickly once she saw the hypocrisy and the lie she was advocating!!!!she is just a hypocrite!! along with pelosi both are leeches!! who happen to be liberated useful idiots! and women!!!

Last edited by gysmo; 03-28-2012 at 07:40 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Well, when you have something of substance to say that you didn't get secondhand from a talking head, I'll address it.
As far as your age, well, I haven't met a teenager yet who didn't think they knew everything, so I take your opinion with the appropriate grain of salt.
You got some moxie though. Goodonya!
Do you know anything about me except that I'm 17, homeschooled, and don't share your opinions? No. So don't presume to.
If you look at my previous posts, I have said that I don't know anything. And if you look at one of the posts in this thread, I admit to being wrong; unlike most of you who, when wrong, just don't comment on it or move on to another thread where they can continue to be wrong.

Fact is the "feminists" on this thread, are fake. They don't represent anything that the women who started the feminist movement did. They're comments about the Palins are proof of that.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Fact is the "feminists" on this thread, are fake.

And you know this to be fact, how, exactly?
You dont, its merely your opinion.

They don't represent anything that the women who started the feminist movement did.

Did the thought ever occur to you that what started the whole feminist movement was to get women the right to vote?
We got that, now its time to move on to other things.
And feminism
has.

They're comments about the Palins are proof of that.
The last sentence is just too obtuse to even comment on.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Do you know anything about me except that I'm 17, homeschooled, and don't share your opinions? No. So don't presume to.
If you look at my previous posts, I have said that I don't know anything. And if you look at one of the posts in this thread, I admit to being wrong; unlike most of you who, when wrong, just don't comment on it or move on to another thread where they can continue to be wrong.

Fact is the "feminists" on this thread, are fake. They don't represent anything that the women who started the feminist movement did. They're comments about the Palins are proof of that.
liberal women as zombies you will never get through to them. when they can't argue their point all they will do is call you names, insult you, call u uneducated, ignorant, anything to distract from their inability to ague thier point!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
liberal women as zombies you will never get through to them. when they can't argue their point all they will do is call you uneducated, ignorant, anything to distract from their inability to ague a point!
At least we can spell, use punctuation, and know to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of a sentence.
When you have a point, besides the top of your head, perhaps someone will debate with you.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
At least we can spell, use punctuation, and know to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of a sentence.
When you have a point, besides the top of your head, perhaps someone will debate with you.
see what did i tell you!! they think they are so smart its unbelievable. they are no longer talking about the nice young lady Bristol. because they have lost the argument!! so the resort to name calling. more proof then this i can't give you see for your self the hypocrisy! simply because they can put a dot at the end of a sentence, they think it makes them smart!! that is so silly. we have a college professor who is our president who is not very smart but he sure can write! good for him he should have stayed in college where he belongs!! along with all the self proclaim smarty pants!!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,120 times
Quote:

My wife has a PHD in organizational communications. She's one of the smartest people I've ever met. A great deal of her field of study was about feminism. We have had many many very interesting conversations about feminism (and it's application to any opressed peoples) and I have learned much from our spirited conversations on the matter. She identifies herself as a feminist, but she defies every stereotype (man hating, angry) that is foisted on us by people who'd have you believe that this stereotype represents modern feminism.
She's a happy, feminine woman, who loves men (Me in particular, thankfully)
She's also very successful, not because she's a woman*, or due to any affirmative action, but because she is very good at her job (She is continuously being recruited/offered jobs by othe rcompanies due to her reputation and skills) She is presently an executive at a Fortune 100 company. She has the ear and the trust of not only the CEOs of this large company, but many successful people that you have heard of, but I cannot name for obvious reasons.
(In short, she kicks ass)
The point of my story is this: I have a great deal of firsthand knowledge about the feminist movement, it's history, and it's agenda, and I also have a strong woman in my life who demands equality when it comes to her gender, not advantage because of it. I'm sure someone who is as bright as you are (and I do believe that you are bright) will form some more complex and nuanced views as you go out into the world and experience it firsthand, rather than reading about it in books or an internet message board. You will probably still be a conservative in 5-7 years, but I hope you won't be a cookie cutter conservative. That would a shame and a waste.
I stand by my statement about your age though, I remember being 17 too, and like every other 17 year old, I thought I knew it all.
Boy did I have a lot to learn.

* In fact, she experienced discrimination at her last job because she is a childless woman, and her boss, for some reason, only promoted or recognized the accomplishments of people (women in particular) who had children. A very strange blip on her career trajectory.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
liberal women as zombies you will never get through to them. when they can't argue their point all they will do is call you names, insult you, call u uneducated, ignorant, anything to distract from their inability to ague thier point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Quote:
see what did i tell you!! they think they are so smart its unbelievable. they are no longer talking about the nice young lady Bristol. because they have lost the argument!! so the resort to name calling. more proof then this i can't give you see for your self the hypocrisy! simply because they can put a dot at the end of a sentence, they think it makes them smart!! that is so silly. we have a college professor who is our president who is not very smart but he sure can write! good for him he should have stayed in college where he belongs!! along with all the self proclaim smarty pants!!
Lets review here, shall we?
You called women names.
I turned it around and pointed it right back at you.
Didnt like that, did you?
Get a real argument, without having to call names, and someone JUST might debate with you.
Spellcheck wouldnt hurt, either.
Really.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
My wife has a PHD in organizational communications. She's one of the smartest people I've ever met. A great deal of her field of study was about feminism. We have had many many very interesting conversations about feminism (and it's application to any opressed peoples) and I have learned much from our spirited conversations on the matter. She identifies herself as a feminist, but she defies every stereotype (man hating, angry) that is foisted on us by people who'd have you believe that this stereotype represents modern feminism.
She's a happy, feminine woman, who loves men (Me in particular, thankfully)
She's also very successful, not because she's a woman*, or due to any affirmative action, but because she is very good at her job (She is continuously being recruited/offered jobs by othe rcompanies due to her reputation and skills) She is presently an executive at a Fortune 100 company. She has the ear and the trust of not only the CEOs of this large company, but many successful people that you have heard of, but I cannot name for obvious reasons.
(In short, she kicks ass)
The point of my story is this: I have a great deal of firsthand knowledge about the feminist movement, it's history, and it's agenda, and I also have a strong woman in my life who demands equality when it comes to her gender, not advantage because of it. I'm sure someone who is as bright as you are (and I do believe that you are bright) will form some more complex and nuanced views as you go out into the world and experience it firsthand, rather than reading about it in books or an internet message board. You will probably still be a conservative in 5-7 years, but I hope you won't be a cookie cutter conservative. That would a shame and a waste.
I stand by my statement about your age though, I remember being 17 too, and like every other 17 year old, I thought I knew it all.
Boy did I have a lot to learn.

* In fact, she experienced discrimination at her last job because she is a childless woman, and her boss, for some reason, only promoted or recognized the accomplishments of people (women in particular) who had children. A very strange blip on her career trajectory.
Aint that the damn truth!
After I got into my 20s, and looked back on when I was 17, and what I thought I knew, I cringed.
Its funny, the older one gets, the more one realizes how little one really knows.
The path to wisdom is a very, very long one, isnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies