Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Anyone else think this move is genius considering the current state of affairs down there? DHS is giving Americans travel warnings about Mexico...
Psst:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS
Oaxaca: Oaxaca, Huatulco and Puerto Escondido are the major cities/travel destinations in Oaxaca ... No warning is in effect.
- from here: Mexico (http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5665.html - broken link)

Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Exactly, the kids are sent down with their own army. Thank God really!

My wife has relatives disappearing to the gangs who come knocking at the door if they feel like it and then you never see the family member again. In addition we know that people taken like that are often tortured to death over a long period of time.

I'm glad the Obama child is there with a well armed army.
The people of Mexico need the right to bare arms so they can kill all the gangs and Narcos.
Nah...they should just legalize dope and be done with it. They wanted to do it a long time ago, but our dopey politicians convinced them to stay on the same stupid road that we're bound and determined to stay on.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not a damn thing.

Oh well.

more Negro news: Obama got up, took a dump, and ate breakfast this morning.
More negro news? This is absolutely the most asinine post I've ever seen on C-D or any other forum. Considering the source it does not come as a surprise.

Hint: this is the POTUS. Anything and everything about him makes the news.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
More negro news? This is absolutely the most asinine post I've ever seen on C-D or any other forum. Considering the source it does not come as a surprise.
Good....cuz the last thing i'd want to do is surprise you.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
The Obamas really are out of touch with what's going on with normal Americans, aren't they?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
The Obamas really are out of touch with what's going on with normal Americans, aren't they?
Going to Mexico for spring break is out of touch with normal Americans?

Since when?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Going to Mexico for spring break is out of touch with normal Americans?

Since when?
Well, let's see. I work 50 hour weeks to take care of my family and pay exorbitant taxes so people like you can work posh government contracting jobs with luxurious benefits. And to fund the social welfare state that you want to assuage your guilty conscience at not doing any individual charity work.

Nobody in my family is going to Mexico for a weeklong vacation.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Well, let's see. I work 50 hour weeks to take care of my family and pay exorbitant taxes so people like you can work posh government contracting jobs with luxurious benefits. And to fund the social welfare state that you want to assuage your guilty conscience at not doing any individual charity work.

Resort Areas and Spring Break: Over 3 million U.S. citizens travel to Cancun and other Mexican beach resorts each year, including as many as 120,000 during "spring break" season, which normally begins in mid-February and runs about two months.

Mexico

YOU may not, but LOTS of Americans do.

Ken

Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:

Meh, i'm not impressed with the whole 50 hour week thing. That's your business. Work less and enjoy life more. I didn't tell you to get overextended to the point that you have to become a slave to your possessions. Sell all that crap you own and work less hours.

Secondly, my benefits at work pretty much suck. The wages are good enough, but nothing to brag enough (surprise!!! A C-D poster that admits that he isn't rich...a rarity around here) and my job is far from posh. Hell, i don't even like the job myself, i'm just too lazy at the moment to look for something else.

Thirdly, guilt is a word that barely in my vocab. I feel guilty about nothing. Not going to discuss anything i do with charity (just like you shouldn't because you don't do anything either)....i believe in the social welfare safety net solely because it's what humane people do. I can afford the taxes. If you can't, that's your problem.

Lastly, a weeklong vacation in Mexico is pretty cheap for the most part. I can do it for a ridiculously cheap price if i chose to do so. Besides, it's pretty close to me anyway. If you can't afford it, or can't bear to tear yourself away from your job...that's not my problem. Maybe you shouldn't be so dedicated to your employer....after all, when you're gone, they'll just put another mustache in that position and forget that you were ever there in the first place. You're not that important.

Soooooo.....you know...

Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Not a damn thing.

Oh well.

more Negro news: Obama got up, took a dump, and ate breakfast this morning.
Oh yea because you know...Obama is just your garden variety negro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies