Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
"The following video provides airports with yet another fantastic reason to evict TSA screeners and replace them with private security – the clip shows a 3-year-old boy with a broken leg in a wheelchair being harassed by a TSA worker.

The incident occurred at O’Hare Airport in Chicago and was recorded by the father of the 3-year-old boy.

A TSA agent begins conducting a pat down of the boy who is sitting in a wheelchair with a broken leg. The boy is confused at being fondled by a stranger and reaches out to his parents for support but they cannot touch him because they have been ordered to stay clear by the TSA agent.

The boy begins trembling and is clearly upset as the creepy TSA moron begins swabbing his cast, his hands and his wheelchair for explosives."

Prison Planet.com » 3-Year-Old Boy In Wheelchair Harassed By TSA
How will privatizing the security stop the abuses? Proven may times over that private prisons cut corners and treat prisoners like dirt. Why won't this happen? Many private prison guards can't get a real job as a cop and i can see this happening even worse due to poor quality employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I don't blame the US for everything bad in the Middle East, but I certainly blame the US for most of the mess in the Middle East and for most of the things which are bad here at home now.

9/11 happened because of gross intelligence failures, or rather, intelligence was available, but those responsible to act upon it failed to do their duties. Instead of cleaning up those bureaucracies, it doesn't help to add in more bureaucracies.

TSA hasn't caught anyone yet. All they do is to grope people. Whoever has been caught, were caught by the people. TSA is a gaggle of elementary school rejects, retards and pervs who wouldn't be able to even spell 'terrorist', let alone catch one. I already proposed that the security responsibilities should be given to the airlines. Did you miss that? If not, what makes you think they won't do a good job? Also before 9/11, pilots were not allowed to carry guns (still don't). Pilots should be allowed to carry guns in the cockpits as a last line of defense.

I question your intelligence.
Question away!! I addressed your link in prior posts,...but evidently you missed that fact.
//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=23484472
But your recommendations regarding airport security is EXACTLY what we had prior to 9/11,...leave flight security up to the airlines,.....and resulted in the death of 3000 innocent people. Obviously wasn't successful. Assuming that private security would be less intrusive than the TSA is an OPINION.

As for your claim that TSA has caught anyone yet,...that's not exactly true.
From Nov. 8 to Nov. 14, for example, agents found six "artfully concealed prohibited items" and 11 firearms at checkpoints, and they arrested six passengers after investigations of suspicious behavior or fraudulent travel documents. (Those figures are close to the weekly average.) It's not clear, however, whether any of these incidents represent attempted acts of terrorism or whether they were honest accidents
Does the TSA ever catch terrorists? - Slate Magazine

There is no way to measure the deterrent factor of the mere existence of the checkpoints. So, your claim is somewhat bogus at best.

I'm no supporter of the TSA intrusiveness and patdowns, but until there are alternatives better than your simplistic ones, I'll either not fly,...or will adjust to the regulations. Flying is nothing more than a convenience, and having to submit to security procedures has been no more intrusive to me than being required to buckle a seat belt to travel on our highways. If flying starts making me paranoid, like you,....I'll simply find other modes of transportation.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
With all due respect, I must quote Benjamin Franklin now: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I'm fine with taking precautions, but things have gotten out of hand at the airport... I just got back from a cross-country flight yesterday, and really didn't appreciate being treated like a criminal on each leg of it. Radical Islam (and radicals from other groups) has wanted us dead for centuries, so I'm not buying that excuse either. For goodness sakes, I flew to ISRAEL during the Gulf War in 1992, and wasn't subjected to this level of "security!"

i agree them islamic evil basstards would be killing people in resturants, bars busses, movie theaters, night clubs, fast food eateries, etc..

how many people have died in the above since 9.11

it's way overboard...

Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Do you also check under your bed for jihadists before you go to sleep?

TSA is an incredible waste of our tax dollars, and an incredible assault on our civil liberties. What better place for the perverts of the country to go and hide, but in the government-sanctioned sexual assault organization, the TSA? What if that person was a closet pedophile? You have stooped low enough to be OK with having a stranger fondle your toddler, but I certainly haven't.

This is not a right vs. left issue. This is a big government vs. We The People issue.
I keep telling you it's the closet.

Evil Monkey - YouTube

Old 03-20-2012, 11:51 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
They are both at fault.. Bush for starting it and Obama for continuing it... I have no problem calling it on both. Obama should have killed off the Patriot Act, NDAA ( McCains baby) should have never seen the light of day.

Some ugly legislation, and a hideous operation (HSA/TSA) I want to see the end to all of these.... That said ... Do you really think Romney or Santorum will do it?

If repugs are actually upset about this then they should be falling in line for Ron Paul... yet few seem to be doing so... Conclusion - they love the eradication of the Constitution and large big brother/nazi organizations.
You need a certain level of intelligence to appreciate Ron Paul - unfortunately, that level is sadly lacking among Americans.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:12 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Whatever it is you're trying to sell, I'm not buying.
What the heck is that supposed to mean? It is what it is, and I'm not trying to "sell" you anything - so I'm sorry for proving you wrong on your earlier assumptions. But why are you such a TSA fan, anyway? Are YOU trying to sell us on something, or do you work for them? Weird.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How will privatizing the security stop the abuses? Proven may times over that private prisons cut corners and treat prisoners like dirt. Why won't this happen? Many private prison guards can't get a real job as a cop and i can see this happening even worse due to poor quality employees.
How does one compare prisoners to consumers? lol

Old 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
With all due respect, wise up.

Those wheelchairs are exactly where stuff can get into a plane. We are at wa with Radical Islam which wants us all dead. There is no debating with wanting us dead, so we take precautions.

We no longer live in a pre-9-11 world.
As a blind traveler, I've never been harassed. Couldn't some terrorist technically hide something in my cane? Or couldn't a terrorist fake being a blind person to distract from the fact they're carrying something? Or get a real blind person to be part of their plot?

I don't understand these TSA people's logic.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:40 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
As a blind traveler, I've never been harassed. Couldn't some terrorist technically hide something in my cane? Or couldn't a terrorist fake being a blind person to distract from the fact they're carrying something? Or get a real blind person to be part of their plot?

I don't understand these TSA people's logic.
Hmm... maybe if you were blind and 3 years old you would get groped.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Just going private wouldn't fix anything. You have to have good practices. TSA is not doing the airline industry any favors. They turn people off. I wouldn't subject my child to this. Public Schools are bad enough with their removing of bathroom doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies