Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Please provide examples of these "lies, lies and more lies" by the majority of Republicans.
Well I already pointed you in the right directions but I will give you just a few of their material:
Obama is a Communist
Obama is a Muslim
Obama is trying to destroy the Nation
Obama is responsible for high gas prices
Obama is responsible for unemployment
Obama is responsible for starting wars around the world
Obama is going to declare martial law
Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen
Obama hates business
Obama supportes terrorists
Obama wants to take away your right to own guns
Obama is trying to spend the Nation into bankruptcy
Obama wants minorities dependent on welfare
Obama ......................
Get the point yet or do you actually believe the above Lies to be Truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 02:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Ok, read the article, did you? I wonder because it states that lower priority cases would be put behind high priority cases such as those with illegals that commited crimes sounds like a good thing to me. It does not say he would offer them work permits it said it would give some of them time to apply for work permits.
The article says nothing about enforcement of current laws. I do know that no President, Obama or Bush included, has ever truely gone after the source, which is businesses that hire illegals, heck Bush was all for Amnesty. If they did go after businesses they would lobby hard to end the practice since after all that is the only thing that would ever truely work. Arresting them as they cross the border or while at work has not, does not and will not work.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM

229 posts, read 206,854 times
I am a man of power. Those who banner the blue colors will feel my wrath. For I am a potitical god. The powers I posses in detrimation of democrats is too far compicated for any one person to understand. The good of the united Tea Party will come and crush all of what Obama believes in thus upcoming election. When our nominee gets the nod to be POTUS, the catholic church will burn in front of many happy souls.

Your Tea Party Spokesperson. Smiley Face.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:35 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well I already pointed you in the right directions but I will give you just a few of their material:
Obama is a Communist
Obama is a Muslim
Obama hates business
I wouldn't view those points as "lies supported by the majority of Republicans"; they are over-simplifications easily subscribed to by the often-simplistic mindset of the "swing voter" who tends to buy into the negative campaign ads.

But the Democrat drive-bys who infest this site will never admit that they have been using the same class-warfare tactics ever since the New Deal.

In other words, you Lefties are getting a taste of the medicine you perfected ... and you don't like it one little bit!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Ok, read the article, did you? I wonder because it states that lower priority cases would be put behind high priority cases such as those with illegals that commited crimes sounds like a good thing to me. It does not say he would offer them work permits it said it would give some of them time to apply for work permits.
The article says nothing about enforcement of current laws. I do know that no President, Obama or Bush included, has ever truely gone after the source, which is businesses that hire illegals, heck Bush was all for Amnesty. If they did go after businesses they would lobby hard to end the practice since after all that is the only thing that would ever truely work. Arresting them as they cross the border or while at work has not, does not and will not work.
Now, you're nit-picking. 300,000 was mentioned. Even if they don't all get work permits so what? None of them deserve work permits. There is no reason on this God's earth that all illegal aliens shouldn't be deported. Low priority vs high priority my a**! Obama has an agenda. There were many raids conducted and if that isn't going after the employers also then I don't know what is. The problem is that it has to be proven that an employer "knowlingly" hired illegal aliens. If they aren't using e-verify and a potential hire uses fake and/or stolen documents it isn't easy to tell if they are legal or illegal. Sure, some or many employers do know they are hiring illegals but as I said it is hard to prove that they knew it based on the above. In many places it is the HR departments that are hiring illegas not the employers themselves. I heard of a few cases where the HR dept. consisted of Hispanic-Americans. Well connect the dots there.

We need to end the magnets that bring them here and that is jobs, birthright citzenship and benefits and continue with enforcement at the border and within our borders.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Obama is a Communist
Obama is a Muslim
Obama hates business
I ask you for a list of lies told by the MAJORITY of Republicans. Total fail!

Shall we make a list of the lies told by "some" Democrats to state our case against ALL Democrats?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:57 PM

229 posts, read 206,854 times
Quote:

Shall we make a list of the lies told by "some" Democrats to state our case against ALL Democrats?
You know what the worst part is? Your quoted poster failed to mention his biggest lie to date.... HE is 100 percent caucasion, with all of our money at his dispense, he has to have the best make up artists in the world.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Would this work?
No, it doesn't since I said I have no problem with helping Americans who are truly needy. Was it selective reading on your part?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yes you did see facts. I said that conservatives, for the most part, don't care for teachers and public ed. I provided quotes, and you did not address them. Oh well. And I frankly don't have time to dig through all of the anti-poor threads here over the last several months, but I will start keeping a log of them just so I can trot them out at times like this. Once I do, it will be literally pages long. You have my promise on that one.

Face it. Most conservatives don't like people who are the weaker ones in society. The poor truly are a cancer on society as far as they're concerned. They're lazy, they're useless, and have no reason to exist whatsoever--even the working poor are probably poor because they're lazier than the richer ones, according to right wing mantras. It's that disdain for people like that, the "It's not my problem" mentality when it comes to any suffering, that makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.
Where is your proof that most Republicans don't like teachers and public ed?
I never saw your "quotes". There are numerous threads in this forum and I have interest in more than one issue. It takes hours to wade through all the posts and topics that I am interested in reading.

Weaker ones in society? What does that mean? Are they weak because of their own poor choices in life? Just asking. I know some are anyway and some are not. All of those claims you are making about "most" conservatives are nonsense!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...nSwing_312.pdf

Question 22:
Do you think Barack Obama is a Christian or a
Muslim, or are you not sure?
Christian......................................... ................. 14%
Muslim .................................................. .......... 45%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 41%

I'd like to see what actual fact Democrats dispute at an 86% clip...

There's no gray area to this question. There's no nuance. This is Republicans giving credence to an outright lie, and pseudo-character attack.

More:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vau...ts_2010_03.pdf

Read page 2

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 03-21-2012 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies