Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times

Advertisements

The simple fact is that the gun nuts have cowed the state legislatures into creating the nation of their dreams --- A nation in which white male supremacist gun nuts can use their own personal Second Amendment to give them a special privilege to walk the streets and legally murder in cold blood anybody they please. Thank goodness, the gun nuts and their lapdog lawmakers are now clearly seen to be exactly what they are, and maybe -- maybe, there is a chance that their juggernaut of hatred can be stopped. The NRA has replaced the KKK, free to operate right out in broad daylight without the hoods.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
If Florida is unwilling to prosecute, I hope that someone does. Damned shame what happened to that boy. He yelled for help just before he was shot. I mean, what was this idiot thinking?

And no, its not because he is white, he is latino.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I wouldn't expect nothing else from these racist idiots...

FOX News Only Major Media Outlet Ignoring Trayvon Martin Case

FOX News Only Major Media Outlet Ignoring Trayvon Martin Case | News One
there's a link right there one their front page

Department Of Justice Opens Investigation Into Case Of Black Teenager Killed By Neighborhood Watch Captain | Fox News

Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
There's a lot of sick people in America that seem to get an almost sexual rise from the thought of hunting down and killing a "criminal". I'm sure this Zimmerman guy was one of them.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what is 'disgusting' about believing that trayvon is a goofy name?

it's less dignified b/c it sounds like something you'd use to rustproof the underside of your automobile
bill or john don't sound like anything you would want to use as undercoating.

why should i be ashamed because i prefer to name my kid something that doesn't make me think of undercoating?

You should be ashamed because you are speaking this way about someone who is no longer here. This is classless and tacky and whether or nor someone likes a name or not is an opinion, the name you chose for your kids is no better than the name his parents chose for him. The fact that you would speak this way about a teenager whose life was ended prematurely shows how insensitive you are and it was a disgusting thing to say.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 AM

566 posts, read 958,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've noticed black people have taken a particular interest in this incident. A few of my black friends on Facebook have repeatedly posted "Trayvon" related points. Is there a particular reason this story is attractive to black people?
Because, ultimately, this kid got killed solely because of his race. Not because he was dealing drugs, or because he was trying to rob someone, but because of his race. While Zimmerman never explicitly stated "I'm gonna go find me a black kid tonight and take his life!", there are a number of implications and inferences that indicate that his actions were primarily motivated by the kids race (and Zimmerman's presumption that, because he was black, he is assumed to be up to no good) and nothing else.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,451 times
DIGRESSION: Sorry, I have to digress for a moment.

But, do you all remember the kid in elementary school who was the "pee" boy/girl. The kid that always got picked on and teased. Then, when they went to high school, they never developed, socially, and hung out in their rooms looking at their Right On! or their Tiger Beat magazines. They got older, and time passed them by.

Fast forward to 2000-ish...the Internet has come along and saved all of the aforementioned folk. Never developing, socially, athletically, or mentally, they can sit in their house all day and own a plantation or mansion on Farmville or Cityville, they can date all of the women they want and paste Denzel Washington's or Brad Pitt's picture to their online dating profile. They own several football teams and have won 1000s of championships in fantasy football, basketball, baseball, etc. They done it all, they have checked off everything on their "to do" list except...bullying people on the Internet.

So, they sit at work or at home - on their computers - and say just mean-spirited and nasty things about people. Others try to have a somewhat civilized dialogue about social issues or provide words of encouragement, and here they come...the Suge Knights of the Internet. They are, physically, 100 pounds soaking wet and couldn't pop an inflated paper bag, but virtually they would itch-slap Adolf Hitler or make Mahmoud Ahmadinejad drink his own "bodily fluids". They are the tough guys of the Internet that get pleasure out of being totally pests or bullies because they failed to succeed in the "Real World".

Digression over. Sorry about that.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 AM

566 posts, read 958,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Beyond a reasonable doubt is not the standard for arresting someone...you're right....but it is the standard for charging them. Afterall, those charges have to hold up in court where reasonable doubt is the law of the land. Arresting the guy and then letting him go for lack of charges doesn't accomplish anything. It sounds like people want him arrested for the sake of being arrested. That's not how it works.
No it's not. Probable cause is the standard for arresting someone. Beyond a reasonable doubt is what's required in criminal cases to secure a conviction.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:21 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Around New Orleans, the police who consider themselves 'white' (few actually are) have an acronym: NHI..... "No Humans Involved". That acronym gets whispered a lot around The Big Sleazy. Generally, 'situations' there involve confrontations between antagonists, each with so many issues and dysfunctionalities, there is no way to satisfactorily assign blame to either party.

I think that's the situation here. The Mainstream Media have jumped on this incident, because it seemed that the story could be distorted into a White on Black story.

Well, a quick google Image Search will show you that Trayvon was not entirely Black, and that Zimmerman is ANYTHING BUT WHITE. He looks like one of my distant country cousins, on the dumb side of my family. He's no whiter than I am. If Zimmerman is 'white' then I'm Pamela Anderson.

This is another 'minority' on 'minority' incident. Neither combatant seems to have been an angel. Neither seems to have been an Einstein. Assigning blame to either will be a pointless conundrum.

And please consider that the "child" here was a seventeen-year-old Football player. His (primary) race is known for exceptional strength and early physical maturity. People who'd fit his physical description have, just over the last year, maimed and killed numerous people with just their fists and feet.

Trayvon's opponent here was an obviously out-of-shape man, weighed down, probably, with a hundred pounds of blubber. I, personally, have overpowered a man Zimmerman's size (He was attacking one of my employees. You don't come into my offices and beat your wife on my time.). I'm just a 'little Indian Girl'. But I lift weights. If Trayvon played Football, he surely lifted weights, too. But his Testosterone levels would have made him vastly stronger than am I.

I think that this story is more spin than substance. Please disregard the conclusions toward which the Mainstream sources are leading you.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:22 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what is 'disgusting' about believing that trayvon is a goofy name?

it's less dignified b/c it sounds like something you'd use to rustproof the underside of your automobile
bill or john don't sound like anything you would want to use as undercoating.

why should i be ashamed because i prefer to name my kid something that doesn't make me think of undercoating?
For that matter, who would want to call themselves an oversized protective glove? I guess if your name reminded people of a horror movie featuring rats, you might want a name change, but to call yourself a big glove?

BTW, "Bill" is something you get in the mail, "John" is someone looking for women on the streets at night. So dignified!

Silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies