Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 01:27 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
LOL....so let me get this right....

If somebody wants to consider themselves above a so called racial construct.....you aren't messin' with them?

Please.....tell me how what you just spewed doesn't have eerie undertones of race war rhetoric???
You read that all wrong (not surprised). How about you actually follow the conversation rather than jumping in at the end? Lessens your likelihood of looking foolish.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
From my experience, the ones who don't want to associate are the ones I'm not interested in associating with anyway. I'd probably even teach them something about properly showing gratitude for those who paved the way. So, yeah.....I couldn't care less about what these type of folks think.
lol. The audacity you people have.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
You read that all wrong (not surprised). How about you actually follow the conversation rather than jumping in at the end? Lessens your likelihood of looking foolish.
I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt.......

Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
lol. The audacity you people have.
You people? Since when do I represent anyone other than myself? Not to mention you don't even know what you're talking about.

Did you enter this thread to discuss Trayvon's tragic death? No? Well, then......................

Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt.......
Like I said, MYOB. You have enough problems defending your own arguments. No need to insert yourself into another discussion about which you know very little (if anything).

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
You people? Since when do I represent anyone other than myself? Not to mention you don't even know what you're talking about.

Did you enter this thread to discuss Trayvon's tragic death? No? Well, then......................
Were you not just discussing how you don't care about blacks from other countries and how you can teach them a little something? Did you or did you not just post that back there? Which is it? And YES, the AUDACITY for you to look down upon other people like you do because they don't show gratitude for something they had absolutely nothing to do with and has no effect on them whatsoever? It sounds like you are the true bigot here, not Zimmerman like you'd like to pretend.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Exclamation Joe Madison uncovers racial slur in Florida shooting

Take a look at this! This guy better get at least life!

Joe Madison uncovers racial slur in Florida shooting

Old 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what does whites comprising 38-40% of the prison population [link please] have to do with the greater propensity for black men to molest children?

'violent acts against children'? that sounds like child abuse, not molestation.

'accept the true'? i already have. i am still waiting for you to catch up, though
I have the FACTS on my side

According to the Survey of Inmates of State Correctional Facilities by the U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics, the following statistics have been recorded concerning the characteristics of offenders who violate and assault children.

- Those inmates who were convicted of committing violent acts against children were more like to have been white, a percentage of nearly 70%, than any other race.
- White inmates were nearly three times more likely to have victimized a child than black inmates.

Sorry if the true is repulsive to you but the facts are on my side and the discussion ends here. Accept the truth.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
How sad is it that the boy was on the phone with his mother moments before he was gunned down.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If Trayvon Martin was a White kid named Joe Smith nobody would be in an uproar, it would just be chalked up to "kid robbed and shot" and thrown into the cold case filing cabinet never to be thought about again. It wouldent even make the news outside of the local area.

The FBI and USDOJ wouldent even give two ****s. This is only being looked into because the victim is Black and the shooter was White.
Huh?

If Trayvon Martin was a white kid that got shot in his father's Gated Community by a mostly white (Zimmerman's dad is white and his mother is "latino" (which basically means a combination of Spanish(white) and indigenous blood)) neighborhood watch self appointed "captain", there would be a sh*t storm just like it is now. But for different reasons of course. They would probably focus on the "law" of the state with its ccw and no back down doctrines. Still, a sh*t storm nonetheless.

Now it gets interesting from this point. What do the police do? 17 year old white boy that wieghs about a buck fifty endangering a 250 pound 28 year old armed with a gun claiming self defense. I guess my bias would be showing if I assume that the man would at least get arrested. Also the phone records of him talking to his girlfriend right up to the point when Zimmerman attacks him? Not looking good for Zimmerman while he's in jail.

So basically, your premise is completely incorrect because it can't be a cold case since the shooter is known. Sheesh.

Also, even if we look at your premise about a "white kid getting robbed and shot" and no one solving it, don't you think the same could be same for the numerous cases of black kids getting "robbed and shot." Here's a little exercise for you. See how many "black kid robbed and shot, no suspect found" national stories there have been in the past 6 months. Then do the same for "white kid robbed and shot, no suspect found" national stories for the past 6 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies