Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The overwhelming majority of the people on the "arrest him now" bandwagon are only there because of the race angle. If this kid was white or Indian most of these people wouldn't give a damn who shot who or why. These people are sooooo filled with hate and ignorance that they've let it spill into their ability to think logically even when presented with the facts over and over again.

These idiots think that the police told Zimmerman he was free to go, have a nice day. You know damn well Zimmerman is not only hiding for his life right now but the police are watching every move he makes.
BS! The majority of people posting on this topic is because this bastid hasn't been arrested for murdering a child!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Zimmerman looks like a common murderer to me.

Lock him up.
what a wonderful way to run a criminal justice system.
lets just ask joebaldknobber if the person in question looks guilty.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You can actually google them and see some of the incidents where they didn't do a thorough investigation. The last chief stepped down because his son was caught on tape punching a homeless man and when the police arrived on scene they didn't arrest him. An arrest wasn't made until the video hit youtube.

There was an incident in 05 where two security guards shot a teen in the back in self-defense. One guard was the son of a sanford police officer. The charges were dropped.

Another officer was fired for pulling his gun on someone at a gas station. He filed a report saying the driver tried to kill him, which was later proven to be a lie.

With this chief, he's not only been very vocal but very supportive of zimmerman. I just think that whole dept is shady.
Yes. And that maybe why the FBI is now stepping in to conduce the investigation. Which would explain a lot.

At the sometime, it doesn't change the facts of the case. They didn't have the probable cause to make the arrest. They may have, based upon City Data People and the court of public opinion, however, that does not hold up in a court of law.

Arrest him. He walks out of jail, because the judge releases him. Now, 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years later, the fact he was released, can be used by his defense. Do you get it now? The criminal justice system is a game. Its a chess game. It was made that way, long ago by you and attorney's.

When you conduct a criminal investigation, you have to learn to play that chess game. If I move my rook here, he will move his queen there. THAT is the issue. The suspect isn't going anywhere, we know who he is, so why arrest him? Because the court of public opinion says so? And when he walks out of jail, what will court of public opinion say then? The police, the DA, et al are stupid.

So, why not investigate, get our ducks in a row, hook the guy, so he can't get out of jail? Even if he wins in trial, he will be in jail, then, for 2-3 years and we can say, "I did everything we could. It was out of my hands. The jury let him walk."

Its A GAME.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,223 times
Zimmerman is either a Charles Bronson wannabe, or a homosexual pedophile following young men.

By what measure does Zimmerman look "Not Guilty" of murder at this point in time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 PM

133 posts, read 76,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Beyond a reasonable doubt is not the standard for arresting someone...you're right....but it is the standard for charging them. Afterall, those charges have to hold up in court where reasonable doubt is the law of the land. Arresting the guy and then letting him go for lack of charges doesn't accomplish anything. It sounds like people want him arrested for the sake of being arrested. That's not how it works.
No, it's not. The State Attorney makes the call on what charges to file, based on the evidence collected by law enforcement. LEO most certainly seems to be protecting this guy. And actually beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard of proof in a criminal case; the standard of proof in a civil case is a preponderance of the evidence.

Sounds to me like people want him arrested because they don't buy the story that this 200-something lb, 28 year old man, with a gun, shot the teenage in self-defense.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Zimmerman is either a Charles Bronson wannabe, or a homosexual pedophile following young men.

By what measure does Zimmerman look "Not Guilty" of murder at this point in time?
his appearance equals guilt?

how very odd.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:31 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
IF what you are saying is true, who's fault is this? YOUR's. It's YOUR's and ALL of the other people who live in the area. WHAT is being done to change things? Until you are changing the problem, you are part and parcel of it.

The police only have the authority to act, when you give it to them. If you say they can, they will. If you say they can't, they won't. That is implicit authority and implied.

Before you blame the police, get up, look in the mirror, and blame yourself.

My fault...LOL. I moved here from CA just a couple of years ago. I have spoken up, the standard answer down here is "that's just the way it is".

It's very frustrating. Apparently you have no experience in how things are done in other parts of the country, besides the culture shock it's like going back in time.

And you can Google the names Betty Jo Tagerson and Brittany Miles. These were two seperate recent incidents where the police screwed up.

I had a family member t-boned by an elderly driver who mistook the gas for the brake when she went through a parking lot and onto the road.

She didn't even know she hit a car, do you know what they did to her?

Two tickets, that's it. In CA her license would have been yanked. When I tried to follow up about getting her off the road I came up against a brick wall.

I went to the Sheriff's Dept about what happens to her, will her license be yanked, will a doctor evaluate her, they looked at me like I had two heads.

And when you tell them down here about laws in other states, they tell you if you don't like the way things are done here you can leave.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Hmm... The dead kid "looked" like a criminal to Zimmerman, but I guess that is OK?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Hmm... The dead kid "looked" like a criminal to Zimmerman, but I guess that is OK?
you're claiming he only looked guilty post mortem?
where did i claim i was OK with that?

and where did i even mention how trayvon appeared?

what is up with these made-up names, anyway? trayvon? really?
how often do black kids christened bill or john end up badly? i never hear about them.

Last edited by uggabugga; 03-19-2012 at 11:51 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,469,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That is so true about FL's soft gun laws. They were very recently considering even doing away with CCW and letting people carry out in the open.

That would be nice, sitting in a restaurant or shopping at Target and seeing people walking around with guns strapped to them.

And that's an interesting thought about the HOA, if they hired this guy and condoned him walking around like Wyatt Earp then they all may find themselves involved in a lawsuit.
I'm not going to get involved in the topic of this thread. It is a lose lose arguement.
I do find however this entry ammusing. First of all never go to Arizona. People there open carry all over the place. I personally always smile when I see it. I like to see people exercising their 2nd Ammendment right. I should add I also feel comfort in knowing law abiding citizens may be carrying a firearm but not showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies