Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
This has been addressed in this thread.

The crime that you are referring to usually centers around gang and/or illegal drug activity. These guys live a dangerous life, make enemies and sometimes they pay the price with their lives.

Is it sad? Yes. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But if you are involved in a life of crime and you meet an early demise, what is there to say?

"You live by the sword, you die by the sword".

While I wish this didn't happen, the fact of the matter is: where there are gangs and/or drug activity, there is violence. This is NOT exclusive to blacks.

And Trayvon's case is about an innocent teen who was targeted as an outsider and gunned down. If you can't see the difference, that's your problem.
You do realize in a couple of these recent shootings. Innocent children as young as infants have been killed. It always amazes me how Blacks rationalize violence in their community it's disgraceful.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's sad and that's why the Black community needs to raise better kids and stop pushing garbage (hip hop, gansterism, buffoonery etc.) in the mass media. That's why I've repeatedly and will continue to denounce the negative pathological behaviors that seem to fester disproportionately in the Black community. Trayvon is as much a victim of Black criminality as he is of Zimmerman in my opinion.

Those who complain about profiling act as if there is no basis for people to be suspicious of young black males. They are simply not dealing with reality. It's odd you rarely hear Asians profiled. When they are stereotyped it's because they are not acting up to the standards or norms of the community.

Wasn't it last year Memorial Day there were a rash of violent incidents all across the country committed by young blacks? Just last Xmas Blacks all across the country were practically killing themselves for some over price shoes. A community can't continue to be responsible for anti-social behaviors and expect the rest of the country to not take notice and quickly conclude that this community is a threat.

So my remedy is instead of whining and crying about whitey fix your own house first.
Good points. Can I ask how you give back to the Black community to address society's image of us?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I live in and around one of those cities and when a young INNOCENT African American is gunned down there is just as much local news coverage as there is
in this case. There is as much concern in the community and within the local government.
Fascinating. Where are the rallies condemning the murders when committed by Black men? I was heartened when Philly's mayor condemn young black males and their thuggish behavior that was threatening the city. More black leaders should do the same but don't.

Quote:
Why do people think that black folk are sitting around waiting to have their tensions stroked? Frankly this story raced across social media sites (this one included) long before the national media started reporting this story.
I listen to Black talk radio almost daily and it is nothing but a litany of supposed grievances. So yes actually I personally believe that.

Quote:
And in every case where the shooter is known THEY ARE ARRESTED!

Hypothetical black shooter arrested/white hispanic shooter not arrested.

Get it?
Maybe in this particular case the facts don't support an arrest? Just maybe.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
You do realize in a couple of these recent shootings. Innocent children as young as infants have been killed. It always amazes me how Blacks rationalize violence in their community it's disgraceful.
You know what is disgraceful. You can see and note all the problems with blacks yet you agree with and allow and are trying to be accepted by the racist. You never not once have you called them out. That tells me something about you and how you feel about their comments.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Good points. Can I ask how you give back to the Black community to address society's image of us?
By living a normal life and in my own way countering stereotypes that the people I interact with may have. However when they hear of of my African background you literally hear "ah hum" in response.

I'm not for useless liberal social programs they don't work. So beyond the occasional tutoring I'm not actively involved in a non-profit if that's what you're getting at.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You claim others are being emotional, yet you seem to display an over abundance of this yourself in this post.
No, he didn't display emotion, he displayed knowledge and honesty on the subject, period. Over abundance of emotion? Sheesh, apparently you know no thing about law enforcement. He's only telling you like it is, no emotion what so ever.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
By living a normal life and in my own way countering stereotypes that the people I interact with may have. However when they hear of of my African background you literally hear "ah hum" in response.

I'm not for useless liberal social programs they don't work. So beyond the occasional tutoring I'm not actively involved in a non-profit if that's what you're getting at.
So if you were profiled, attacked, or some other harm came to you b/c of your race, would you hold yourself somewhat accountable for not doing more to show kids who are surrounded by the wrong path a better way?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Self hate? None of my ancestors were slaves in fact some of them probably sold them.

"They" would refer to young black males who were responsible for a rash of burglaries in the development. The poster I was responded to claims Zimmerman wouldn't have profiled Travin if he was non- black.

Well of course he wouldn't since being White or Asian wouldnt match the description of previous burglars.

Is that really so difficult to comprehend?
The poster you responded to is inaccurate. The 911 call clearly indicates the call was placed to police and that Mr Zimmerman was concerned, far before he knew that the person he was watching was black.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Dude I ask him this all the time

Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
It's sad and that's why the Black community needs to raise better kids and stop pushing garbage (hip hop, gansterism, buffoonery etc.) in the mass media. That's why I've repeatedly and will continue to denounce the negative pathological behaviors that seem to fester disproportionately in the Black community. Trayvon is as much a victim of Black criminality as he is of Zimmerman in my opinion.

Those who complain about profiling act as if there is no basis for people to be suspicious of young black males. They are simply not dealing with reality. It's odd you rarely hear Asians profiled. When they are stereotyped it's because they are not acting up to the standards or norms of the community.

Wasn't it last year Memorial Day there were a rash of violent incidents all across the country committed by young blacks? Just last Xmas Blacks all across the country were practically killing themselves for some over price shoes. A community can't continue to be responsible for anti-social behaviors and expect the rest of the country to not take notice and quickly conclude that this community is a threat.

So my remedy is instead of whining and crying about whitey fix your own house first.
I agree. But you live in this house too. In fact, I've seen you in our home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies