Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You do realize in a couple of these recent shootings. Innocent children as young as infants have been killed. It always amazes me how Blacks rationalize violence in their community it's disgraceful.
Yes, but I'm specifically addressing those who are talking about other black boys being killed and the lack of an outcry. You're moving the goalposts.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
If the HOA approved his patrolling the area they are up to their eyeballs in liability. I hope they kept good minutes because they may have only given him permission to watch and call the police.

Sometimes HOAs have a segment before the meeting is called to order where members can express concerns. It would be interesting to determine if Zimmerman spoke during meetings, what he said and what the Board approved.
Is'nt the job of the neighborhood watch is to.....hmmm perhaps WATCH! and not go out shooting people?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Seeing how this murder has been handled by the police and reading some of the ridiculous excuses on this board make me wonder if we have really come very far since the days of Emmet Till. It appears that some people believe that being a young black male should be punishable by death.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The overwhelming majority of the people on the "arrest him now" bandwagon are only there because of the race angle. If this kid was white or Indian most of these people wouldn't give a damn who shot who or why. These people are sooooo filled with hate and ignorance that they've let it spill into their ability to think logically even when presented with the facts over and over again.

These idiots think that the police told Zimmerman he was free to go, have a nice day. You know damn well Zimmerman is not only hiding for his life right now but the police are watching every move he makes.

Gee it sure must be nice to live in your shoes. It really has more to do with the fact that he was able to shot a innocent child and then the police covering for him. Would it be different if it was a black shooter and a white child? You bet your butt it would have been! He proably would not had made it through the night without been murdered himself. You are the one filled with ignorance and yes proably hate as well.

For the record zimmerman was not hiding from anyone until the news broke on this case, he like the police dept thought that this case as well as many others would have been swept under the rug.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Seeing how this murder has been handled by the police and reading some of the ridiculous excuses on this board make me wonder if we have really come very far since the days of Emmet Till. It appears that some people believe that being a young black male should be punishable by death.
No they don't...your wrong...however, I and a whole lot of other citizens of the U.S. are getting tired and sick, litererally weary of the way some black people excuse they're actions b/c they're black and get away with it...or feel entitled to be able to do anything they want without any consequence. I don't care what color you are, if you break the law, you need to take responsiblity....

and then, some people would call my statement racists? Look at the statistics....man...it's ridiculous, in this day and age, to be living in that ghetto mentality...it's high time we start making these people, both black and whites, take responsiblity for they're lives.

I told my son, when he was growing up, if you ever, ever say that word, I'm slap you across the face, and I have never slapped you across the face. I raised him with blacks...who are good law abiding people, beautiful people...middle and upper class people...people who stopped looking for excuses and reasons why, but said, "I'm not going to live like that" and are now doctors, execs, attorneys, cops...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's sad and that's why the Black community needs to raise better kids and stop pushing garbage (hip hop, gansterism, buffoonery etc.) in the mass media. That's why I've repeatedly and will continue to denounce the negative pathological behaviors that seem to fester disproportionately in the Black community. Trayvon is as much a victim of Black criminality as he is of Zimmerman in my opinion.

Those who complain about profiling act as if there is no basis for people to be suspicious of young black males. They are simply not dealing with reality. It's odd you rarely hear Asians profiled. When they are stereotyped it's because they are not acting up to the standards or norms of the community.

Wasn't it last year Memorial Day there were a rash of violent incidents all across the country committed by young blacks? Just last Xmas Blacks all across the country were practically killing themselves for some over price shoes. A community can't continue to be responsible for anti-social behaviors and expect the rest of the country to not take notice and quickly conclude that this community is a threat.

So my remedy is instead of whining and crying about whitey fix your own house first.
I think it's a reach to say that Treyvon "is as much" a victim of the black criminlaity than he was of Zimmerman, but this post is dead spot on.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No they don't...your wrong...however, I and a whole lot of other citizens of the U.S. are getting tired and sick, litererally weary of the way some black people excuse they're actions b/c they're black and get away with it...or feel entitled to be able to do anything they want without any consequence. I don't care what color you are, if you break the law, you need to take responsiblity....
So why is nobody taking responsibility for the actions of George Zimmerman? He murdered an unarmed child. Sounds like breaking the law to me. And who on this thread is excusing the actions of anyone black? What actions are there to excuse, anyway?

Quote:
and then, some people would call my statement racists? Look at the statistics....man...it's ridiculous, in this day and age, to be living in that ghetto mentality...it's high time we start making these people, both black and whites, take responsiblity for they're lives.

I told my son, when he was growing up, if you ever, ever say that word, I'm slap you across the face, and I have never slapped you across the face. I raised him with blacks...who are good law abiding people, beautiful people...
who have to fear their kids being shot and nothing being done about it...........

Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:

I told my son, when he was growing up, if you ever, ever say that word, I'm slap you across the face, and I have never slapped you across the face. I raised him with blacks...who are good law abiding people, beautiful people...
What does this have to do with this thread? Why do you think anybody cares what you told your son? Who you grew up with. Who cares and what does that have do with this thread? Do you think whatever you are talking about here(I have no idea what, you are all over the place) justifies what was done here? If not than it is irrelevent and perhaps you should start your own thread about your issues with blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'd sure like to see the law where the Feds can put their nose into anywhere They deem appropriate, especially when no Federal crime has been commited!?
If local/state enforcement is corruptable or inept I rather someone else step in and retain some sense of order

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:

That has nothing to do with this issue. Sounds like you keep company with militia groups. Please tell me what actions you are speaking of? Also, please tell me about the last black person who killed a white person and was never even charged or arrested? If this were a white child and a black killer, don't you think people would be upset or are you so consumed with anger toward black people that you can't feel empathy toward a child or his family, when he was murdered with a bag of skittles and Arizona iced tea in his pocket? What did Trayvon Martin do wrong that anyone is trying to excuse? Lay off the hatorade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies