U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 10:29 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,776,839 times

Advertisements

On a number of subjects the MSM's don't report major stories, if they put Obama in a negative light.

Here are two of them.
Sends daughter to Mexico with 25 US Secret Service agents. While southern states have a warning not to go to Mexico.
Obama's daughter spends spring break in Mexico (http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/Obama+daughter+spends+spring+break+Mexico/6323773/story.html - broken link)

Here is another about a guy that wants to kill Sheriff Arpaio for going after Obamas citizenship irregularities.

'Obama Fanatic' Threatened To Kill Sheriff Arpaio - News - POLICE Magazine
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM

19 posts, read 53,051 times
Why not research how many vacations Bush spent while in office? One year he only spent 6 months working and the other 6 off, taking vacations on the US tax dollars. Life goes on, and people have a life too. Regardless of their job, how many vacations has Romney taken? Did you not see SantiaryNapkin in Puerto Rico lounging? My goodness... you're probably a Republicant voter.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM

14,905 posts, read 12,590,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
On a number of subjects the MSM's don't report major stories, if they put Obama in a negative light.

Perhaps it isn't that a particular story will shed a negative light on the President but rather that the story isn't all that newsworthy. Also, it's true that different news stations are either more liberal or conservative. That makes a huge difference as to the stories that are reported and how they're reported. Besides that, if news agencies spent the required amount of time to report all these stories, we'd have nothing but 24/7 news on the television. I tend to limit my TV news viewing to my local network. I'm a much happier person when I don't listen to one side bashing the other.

I don't like government waste and I've seen it come from both political parties. To demonize one over the other is ridiculous, foolish and blind.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,414,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Perhaps it isn't that a particular story will shed a negative light on the President but rather that the story isn't all that newsworthy.
No. The OP is right it comes down to partisanship on what gets reported or not. Not whether it’s truly a major story or not.

Quote:
Also, it's true that different news stations are either more liberal or conservative. That makes a huge difference as to the stories that are reported and how they're reported.
Okay man you just contradicted yourself majorly.

Quote:
Besides that, if news agencies spent the required amount of time to report all these stories, we'd have nothing but 24/7 news on the television. I tend to limit my TV news viewing to my local network. I'm a much happier person when I don't listen to one side bashing the other.
The OP was talking about 24/7 news.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,414,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymaric View Post
Why not research how many vacations Bush spent while in office? One year he only spent 6 months working and the other 6 off, taking vacations on the US tax dollars.
I have a question. What does any of that have to do with the OPs topic? Since its about MSM not reporting stories showing the President in a negative light.

Quote:
Life goes on, and people have a life too. Regardless of their job, how many vacations has Romney taken?
Relevance?

Quote:
My goodness... you're probably a Republicant voter.
Can you tell me without ranting what is wrong with being a republican voter exactly?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 AM

14,905 posts, read 12,590,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
No. The OP is right it comes down to partisanship on what gets reported or not. Not whether it’s truly a major story or not.

Okay man you just contradicted yourself majorly.

The OP was talking about 24/7 news.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be contradictory in my comment. It's just that I read one site that blames the President and another blame the previous Administration for the problems we have today. I guess it really doesn't matter who's sitting in the WH, they're going to be blamed for whatever ails the country. Personally, I feel that decades of really bad decisions are starting to catch up with us, and things are going to get progressively worse from here on out.

However, I didn't think mainstream media meant 24/7 news stations. Those tend to be on the cable channels and a lot of people don't carry cable any longer, due to cutting back on monthly expenses.

As for the OP's links, one is from a police magazine website and, although it may be popular to some, I'm sure not everyone reads it regularly. That's all I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies