Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
But heres the thing, would they be allowed to or would they have to allow courts to decide first he was guilty of fraud?
Nope. The role is reserved exclusively for the Congress. The judicial branch has no role either before or after an impeachment process. Neither does the executive branch. All powers of investigation, indictment, trial and sentencing belong to Congress... split only between the House and the Senate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty
I mean with clinton it was done on the federal level due to their investigation of him. But since this is being handled on a local level would a court first have to determine that?
Nope... the Congress can act without any involvement or action of any court at any level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty
And what if it's proven he personally knew nothing about this himself and assumed it was fact he was born in this country?
That might shield an ineligible President from criminal prosecution after he or she became a private citizen again. But eligibility is a state of being, not a state of knowing. That would make no difference to the Congress's exclusivity of action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Nope. The role is reserved exclusively for the Congress. The judicial branch has no role either before or after an impeachment process. Neither does the executive branch. All powers of investigation, indictment, trial and sentencing belong to Congress... split only between the House and the Senate.

Nope... the Congress can act without any involvement or action of any court at any level.

That might shield an ineligible President from criminal prosecution after he or she became a private citizen again. But eligibility is a state of being, not a state of knowing. That would make no difference to the Congress's exclusivity of action.
Not that it would matter i imagine since they would never get the 2/3 needed to actually toss him out.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Not that it would matter i imagine since they would never get the 2/3 needed to actually toss him out.
Actually, were there to be any genuine proof that Obama was not eligible, I have no doubts that the Congress would impeach and convict him in a heart beat.

But of course, they are all very aware (especially the Republicans) that Birthism is vacuous idiocy.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Actually, were there to be any genuine proof that Obama was not eligible, I have no doubts that the Congress would impeach and convict him in a heart beat.

But of course, they are all very aware (especially the Republicans) that Birthism is vacuous idiocy.
It would i think depend on public perception of that revelation would bring i think. If he's riding high in the polls, and a good majority don't agree with it, i doubt even the republicans would waste their time trying to proceed. If obviously there is a public outcry then i imagine it would. But more then likely they would pressure him to step down first.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
It would i think depend on public perception of that revelation would bring i think. If he's riding high in the polls, and a good majority don't agree with it, i doubt even the republicans would waste their time trying to proceed. If obviously there is a public outcry then i imagine it would. But more then likely they would pressure him to step down first.
Well, we've seen how relentless they can be with fabricated issues/investigations, one can only imagine that if they had any actual evidence of wrongdoing they'd be howling for blood.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
TONS more shocking Obozo info

Get that lying scumbag destructive fraud out of the White House...

Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Wow! They've even gone as far as to modify a 2008 U.S.P.S. date stamp and invert the stamp to make the year '80'. These idiots will do anything for clown Obozo. The only people they're fooling are the fools!!! Is that you...fool?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Sure. Here you go:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...-long-form.pdf

Do you honestly not understand how incredibly stupid that set of questions makes you sound?
I guess you don't understand how non-sensical your answer sounds. Is you is or is you ain't any of those people? Simple answers like yes and no usually suffice to answer such simple questions. I have often wondered about why you show up at some times and not others.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
No... you missed the point.

There is no good reason to believe for a second that this story is true.
Is there a better reason to believe that your lack of belief is any truer than this story? Oh yeah, I forgot one's lean determines what is and what isn't true.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
He didn't need to prove this silly story wrong in 2009 when the mail man first shopped it around. Why would you hallucinate he would have to now?

It is always amusing to me how Birthers think that the President of the United States has an obligation to respond to every idiotic falsehood and fabrication you guys come up with. Never before have I seen a single delusion of grandeur shared by a whole group of people.

Let's pretend for a second he did. I know, I know... it's idiotic. But let's pretend.

So what? How would that be a problem?

How would it be either fraud or perjury?
I would think that the only Presidents we have had who weren't born in the US would all have been legal but don't know of one of them who was ever a citizen of any other country. If The Won came to Occidental as a citizen of Indonesia he certainly was different than all those others. Once one gives up his citizenship, for any reason, he is no longer a citizen but seemingly that makes no difference to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies