Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,455,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Right. As if I will violate that person's privacy by posting a link to their page.

But I will post a link to the page where I witnessed the comment. How long it stays on the page is out of my control.

Joe Madison uncovers racial slur in Florida shooting

I quoted it. You can take it for what it is, or you can remain obtuse.

Deflect or discuss. Matters not to me.
Right you still have yet to answer my questions in other post when it comes to racism.

Anyway, to discuss your post, Like I said before the rules apply to all but the outcomes tend to be very different. Also this one guy's post does not represent all black people. But you should know that since you don't like painting in broad strokes. lol

Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 PM

613 posts, read 756,611 times
Quote:
From an unnamed black Facebook user regarding Trayvon Martin:

What "rules for white America" is he/she talking about? This isn't 1960. There are no "rules" for white people that don't apply to black people.

What this post exposes is an irrational fear within the black community. Just when we think we're making racial progress, the underlying and unfounded notion that white people are out to get black people rears its ugly head.

Is this really what black people think?

If so, it's wrong, and it's disgusting.
Not think, we know!

How many times have you been arrested for walking down the street? How many times have police stopped, beat you up, and then left?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,029,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
As a white person who has been in the company of many white people, I can say that yes, white people say and do racist things......If you really study Black history in the US there is justification for them to be very hesitant to just believe everything the White power establishment says. Look at Peonage for one example.....
And black people don't?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,355,717 times
Guns don't kill people, people kill people by using guns.

A race can't commit a crime, an individual commits a crime.

The concept of race is the pink elephant nobody wants to address in the United States, people are so comfortable using it as a scapegoat, and reason to fear, reason to blame, it's so ridiculous.

This country needs to have a year long examination of the concept of race, and at the end of the year, race should be expelled from every single government form, every single criteria for hiring or not hiring, etc.

It's old, and outmoded.

Time to grow up!

23,838 posts, read 23,029,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Not think, we know!

How many times have you been arrested for walking down the street? How many times have police stopped, beat you up, and then left?
My guess is this has happened to you? LOL

Right.

14,917 posts, read 13,042,481 times
3 words:

driving while black

Old 03-20-2012, 03:20 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,516,852 times
Quote:

What "rules for white America" is he/she talking about? This isn't 1960. There are no "rules" for white people that don't apply to black people, or vice versa.

What this post exposes is an irrational fear within the black community. Just when we think we're making racial progress, the underlying and unfounded notion that white people are out to get black people rears its ugly head.

I know I think that. If I didn't, I wouldn't be teaching my two black teenagers how to survive in a society that fears them because of what they look like. Yeah, it's disgusting, all right. It's disgusting that I have to teach them how to be wary of the police for their own survival. Every time I hear about something happening to a child like Trayvon Martin, I am reminded again that my fears are far from irrational.

If you think I'm wrong and disgusting, that's your problem. What I am is a very thorough and careful father. And what I am is someone who hurts and is angry because even that is not enough.

Google Bobby Tolan - a former MLB baseball player whose son was killed by police IN HIS OWN DRIVEWAY - and tell me my fears are irrational.

You have to be kidding me.

27,625 posts, read 21,018,224 times
Quote:

What "rules for white America" is he/she talking about? This isn't 1960. There are no "rules" for white people that don't apply to black people.

You missed the point.

If a white kid wears the typical "gangsta" garb, he's looked upon as just a stupid kid that is emulating the fashion trends. If a black kid dons the same clothes, he's more likely to be profiled and looked upon as a trouble maker. This mother is not referring to government "laws"...she's talking about unwritten cultural stereotyping. She is not irrational.

965 posts, read 1,874,147 times
Quote:
It's not a "black friend" of mine. It is a Facebook posting on the link in Post #2 on this thread.
I know that, you asked if this is what black people think. Since you claim you have black friends on Facebook, go ask them first instead of trying to bait people on here and coming up with conclusions that were never there in the first place.

I agree that the same rules apply to all, but the outcomes are different. I know when I mentor young black teenagers, I let them know that society in general will assume they are guilty until proven innocent unless proven otherwise. That's just the world we live in.

A black person can do all the right things - obtain a formal education, be a law-abiding citizen, become a productive, taxpaying member of society, etc. and will still be looked at as being at the bottom of the totem pole by many whites in America. Actually, the dirt that holds up said totem pole. I know this befuddles you (or at least you pretend to) but it is what it is.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,396,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I know I think that. If I didn't, I wouldn't be teaching my two black teenagers how to survive in a society that fears them because of what they look like. Yeah, it's disgusting, all right. It's disgusting that I have to teach them how to be wary of the police for their own survival. Every time I hear about something happening to a child like Trayvon Martin, I am reminded again that my fears are far from irrational.

If you think I'm wrong and disgusting, that's your problem. What I am is a very thorough and careful father. And what I am is someone who hurts and is angry because even that is not enough.

Google Bobby Tolan - a former MLB baseball player whose son was killed by police IN HIS OWN DRIVEWAY - and tell me my fears are irrational.

You have to be kidding me.
You are part of the racial divide problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies