Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And black people don't?
We're not in power. While whites can be afraid of black criminals (and, I am assuming, criminals of all races), we have to fear black criminals (and criminals of all races) AND the gangsters wearing blue, as well as their enablers in the court and correctional systems.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,546 times
Quote:
And black people don't?
White folks had a 500 year head start in this Country.....I write a pass for any and all African americans who harbor resentment towards whitey. I always find it hilarious when middle aged white men (fat usually) get all into this debate about other ethnicities not being fair to white people..........

Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Aero, the fb poster isn't wrong....they just have thier fears out of line with how things are in modern American.

We can all go clearly see that there are indeed hate crime murders with racial bias. That is irrefutable.

However, in this case it's like having a friend that is afraid to go in the water at the beach out of fear of shark attack but then drives around with their seatbelt off.

We need to look no further than leading causes of deaths for young black males and you will see that the number of hate crime killings are a tiny tiny risk relative to being shot by someone of your own race, car accidents and so forth.

I wonder how the gal would feel if she saw the mother of a gay child expressing fears about him being attacked by blacks.....which if you look at the FBI hate crime statistics is 5x higher as a percentage of population than from whites. I'm guessing she would be offended.

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
From an unnamed black Facebook user regarding Trayvon Martin:

What "rules for white America" is he/she talking about? This isn't 1960. There are no "rules" for white people that don't apply to black people, or vice versa.

What this post exposes is an irrational fear within the black community. Just when we think we're making racial progress, the underlying and unfounded notion that white people are out to get black people rears its ugly head.

Is this really what black people think?

If so, it's wrong, and it's disgusting.
Yes., it is what many black people think.

As someone who has lived, interacted, and worked with many african Americans, I can say that it's absolutely true that there is a different set of rules. Black people--sadly--have to be more careful, especially young black men, because of negative stereotypes about them. I really wasn't aware of it until I taught in the South. The conversations I had were very eye opening.

That's what's disgusting. I really can't imagine what it must be like to always be looked at with suspicion because of your skin color.

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
From an unnamed black Facebook user regarding Trayvon Martin:

What "rules for white America" is he/she talking about? This isn't 1960. There are no "rules" for white people that don't apply to black people.

What this post exposes is an irrational fear within the black community. Just when we think we're making racial progress, the underlying and unfounded notion that white people are out to get black people rears its ugly head.

Is this really what black people think?

If so, it's wrong, and it's disgusting.
I agree with her. You will never admit this system is in place because you have benefited from it your entire life. Blacks have to be perfect and no bad marks in their record. Why? Because rw whites are always looking for an out to deny us something. Then they can say things like "its not racism I just find the right one".

Whites are forgiven for all sorts of things that are used against blacks forever. Black teen steals a car its grand larceny. White kid steals same car, guess what its joy riding.

I see it all to often. managers can always see a lazy black employee but an even lazier white employee can be right beside them and nothing is said about that.

When it comes to blacks the rw people in charge always say "the rules are clear". Those same people can always find a loophole if the employee is not black. Blacks always end up saying "if that was my black a$$ that did that I would be fired,arrested,killed,fined etc..........

Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter how hard you work to buy real estate, someone can gun down your child because he's black.
I think all this person is saying is that no matter how straight and arrow your black child may be they are still more susceptible to random acts of violence than any other group.

I don't know if there's statistical evidence to prove this but anecdotal evidence is pretty strong.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I know that, you asked if this is what black people think. Since you claim you have black friends on Facebook, go ask them first instead of trying to bait people on here and coming up with conclusions that were never there in the first place.

I agree that the same rules apply to all, but the outcomes are different. I know when I mentor young black teenagers, I let them know that society in general will assume they are guilty until proven innocent. That's just the world we live in.

A black person can do all the right things - obtain a formal education, be a law-abiding citizen, become a productive, taxpaying member of society, etc. and will still be looked at as being at the bottom of the totem pole by many whites in America. Actually, the dirt that holds up said totem pole. I know this befuddles you, but it is what it is.
When will you get past the victim mentality? When you're 20? 30? 40? 50?60?

I don't look at you as the bottom of the totem pole. No one in my family does either. I merely ask that you hold up your end of the bargain by being a personally responsible American, just as I would ask every other race and ethnicity in this great country. There are no rules for any race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies