Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
what started the process of evolution is the main question for me. could it be an intelligent design or for me a God. and until you can proof to me that God had nothing to do with it. why not teach it as a theory just like all thee theories out there. just look at car from horse drawn buggies to today's automobiles. did they evolve all by themselves? do you think mammal evolve by themselves as well hmmmm!! don't know ah!!!intelligent design maybe has something to do with everything!
One can argue back and forth. The only difference is that evolution can be tested while belief in God cannot.

Thus, if one thinks that intelligent design should be taught along side evolution, I think that the theory that the Magic Spaghetti Monster created man is equally as valid, as neither can be disproved.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm absolutely terrible at science, and even I know Creationism has no proven scientific base... teach about it in theology or comparative religion courses if you wish, but such things have no place in a science class. So to answer your question "why not teach both?" I'd say because both are not on equal academic grounds. Would you support teaching about Allah in a Spanish class? That makes about the same amount of sense, LOL.

You should probably start a new thread if you want to discuss this further, but my short answer would be yes, of course... tons of things in nature happen "by chance," and there is scientific evidence to support that concept.
creationism doesn't have to be about christianity or alha. or any religions. what cause evolution to start. evolution is only proven from what people are able to see. if man could go back to the begining maybe they would see that God set evolution in motion who knows you can't tell me no cause, you don 't know. evolution is only proven because its in motion but what started the process!! inteligent design i tell you!!

Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
One can argue back and forth. The only difference is that evolution can be tested while belief in God cannot.

Thus, if one thinks that intelligent design should be taught along side evolution, I think that the theory that the Magic Spaghetti Monster created man is equally as valid, as neither can be disproved.
Excellent. Perhaps that could be the basis of a lesson plan: students, your assignment today is to come up with theories on how man was created. Let your imaginations run wild...

Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
creationism doesn't have to be about christianity or alha. or any religions. what cause evolution to start. evolution is only proven from what people are able to see. if man could go back to the begining maybe they would see that God set evolution in motion who knows you can't tell me no cause, you don 't know. evolution is only proven because its in motion but what started the process!! inteligent design i tell you!!
Evolution has a cause. It is in the ingredients that make up the evolving. Will that work?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Since today is Friday, thank the Lord that after today we won't have to be subjected to this ridiculous thread.
We should be so lucky, we'll probably be hearing of this imaginary victimhood on all days that end in 'y'.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
PROOF ??? That is easy !! Using a number of different methods.

Lets take the bible and toss it out.!! DO NOT REFER TO IT!!

It is easily proven beyond doubt that Jesus Christ walked this earth. Too many people wrote about him outside of the bible.

What is more interesting is the apostle Paul - He was an historical figure and.. more books are written about Paul than any other person on the face of this earth!!

If you want the evidence; Just read the bestselling book EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT!

Charles Darwin did not believe in the theory of evolution. Study his life story and you will find out the simple truth.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Did you know that Jesus was born in Kenya? It's true! He was not a 'natural born' citizen of that Roman province.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
This has to do with protecting religious freedom today how?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:10 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
what started the process of evolution is the main question for me. could it be an intelligent design or for me a God. and until you can proof to me that God had nothing to do with it. why not teach it as a theory just like all thee theories out there. just look at car from horse drawn buggies to today's automobiles. did they evolve all by themselves? do you think mammal evolve by themselves as well hmmmm!! don't know ah!!!intelligent design maybe has something to do with everything!
Years ago my Aunt Louise said she did it all. Until you can prove she had nothing to do with it...

Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
The OP couldn't answer the question of which freedoms were being taken away so the OP bailed out of the thread long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies