Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times

Advertisements

[quote=alphamale;23497627]I mean really?

What about the gulf region, who's economy was devastated by BP?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?[/quote

They go to Hawaii often and the stayed in Maine 2 summers ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 03:40 PM

229 posts, read 206,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And you forgot about Alcatraz! They (the city of SF) actually proposed reopening it as a prison, or using it for other non-tourist purposes in a recent election... the locals were NOT having it, and voted against doing anything but structural restoration.
You baffoon, Alcatraz will never reopen. It would cost the tax payers too much money to make it to health standards. Not to mention its americas most overrated tourist "attraction." Who the hell wants to go to prision for some vacation "fun." I sure as hell wouldnt but I guess that would be insane.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:40 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
I cant belive you will sink this low Gizmo!!!! Military leaders need protection.
Ummmm... the President and their families DON'T need protection?? Tell that to JFK and Reagan, among the others who've been victim to assassins and potential assassins. Clearly their S.S. agents can't stop every bullet, but just imagine how many MORE Presidents would have been victims without this protection.

And if Malia had gone to Mexico without Secret Service in tow, don't you think she'd be a major target for kidnapping? Then you'd all be calling the Obamas irresponsible, right?? As I've said before, they just can win - no matter what they do, how they do it, or how they pay for it. Period.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why?? Isn't it the government's job to protect the government's leader... for example, would you suggest a military general pay for his/her own protection while ON THE JOB? And since the POTUS and his family are never off-duty, I guess we just have to consider Secret Service protection to be a "job perk."
What duties does Malia have? She is in school and was on a school trip which apparently Barry and Michelle paid for - that is fine. All presidents should fund the security for their children's activities on their own. Obama gets taxpayer paid protection when he is acting officially as president. Malia is not acting in an official capacity - she is getting an education. My tax dollars should not be used to fund her education. Before someone pulls the hypocrite card - I will restate this - President Bush should have paid for his daughters security also if she traveled overseas.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm almost certain that 0b0mba could have persuaded them not to travel to a war zone.
Seriously? You're absolutely fine in Mexico if you stay with a big group, near or on the resorts. It's not like the Obama's picked the destination--she's traveling on a school trip. My guess is that the kids will all be on a chartered bus when they leave where they're staying to visit ruins, attractions, etc. We've been to Mexico a number of times, as recent as last year, and we had zero problems. What you don't want to do down there right now is take off on your own, or go off the beaten track.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
I mean really?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?
Because that would be just too American.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Because that would be just too American.
Have you been to the Gulf since the disaster?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have you been to the Gulf since the disaster?
A better question for her would be "Have you ever been to the Gulf?"
Or been anywhere for that matter...

Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
A better question for her would be "Have you ever been to the Gulf?"
Or been anywhere for that matter...
True....I didnt think of that until after I posted.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
I mean really?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?
All I can say is that you have not put enough effort and time on your research to find vacations destinations in our great country. However, was there something you were actually implying instead of actually knowing the answer to that question?
I have been in about 25 states and there are so many beautiful places to see in our country for all kinds of vacations choices. Use the work Google and you can countless vacation spots.
Not trying to be rude but lots of foreign born people do visit the US are resourceful to find places to visit so I think you are smart enough to do the same being an American, unless you are not maybe you have some reason to question. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies