Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,745,151 times

Advertisements

The #1 complaint that tourists have here............It's too hot!! They say that when it is 50 degrees outside!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,899,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I stand corrected. I was confusing you with another poster with the same style named modeerf.
You simply post numerous times about your hatred for Obama.

I failed with the statement of you starting threads, not at all about your hatred.
Disagreeing with the POTUS = hatred? LMAO! Do you hate politicians that do not agree with your political views? I do not hate President Obama - I strongly disagree with his policies.

You need to tone down the hyperbole. Share just one post that I have made that you consider a demonstration of hatred on my part for President Obama.

This should be an interesting peek into the liberal mindset.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,715,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Why don't you move to Europe?
1) Because my career aspirations can only be achieved in 2 cities in the US. The only other world city it could work is London. And 2) It's impossible to emigrate to Europe as an American unless you have insane experience that they can't find over there, or you work for an American company that will transfer you. I fit neither, so I can't move to Europe.

I'm quite eager to spend some time living in Europe for the cultural experience and to work on my language studies. But it's too hard to move there for an American.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,715,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Visit Alaska for the vacation of a lifetime.. Once you view the magnificent scenery you will never want to leave.
No thanks. I wouldn't mind a cruise to Alaska because it's so pretty, but certainly wouldn't want to live there.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Concentrate on real problems, not this kind of manufactured controversy.
I never heard about Bush's daughters trips - why is that a problem for you? Maybe Bush didn't want to make a big deal of what their daughters were doing. Did you ever think that this discussion about Malia would not be occuring if their hadn't been an earthquake in Mexico. I'm sorry if I don't keep up with the activities of the presidents children as well as you do.

I maintain that if I had known that the Bush daughters were receiving taxpayer Secret Service protection on their school trips - I would have been as outraged as I am now. You libs want so badly to think that everyone sees the world from a partisan point of view just as you do. Not so - I am a man of principles - and I apply those principles evenly and without bias.

Sending the Secret Service out of the country to protect a student on a school trip is a waste of taxpayers money. It is a benefit that other American students don't receive and it is a form of welfare just as Ron Paul said. If Obama or Bush wanted the Secret Service to accompany their children out of the country - that is fine - but they should pay for it.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-22-2012 at 03:26 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

It's disgusting the people who want everything for nothing...what an ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY!

MY tax dollar funds children in my district that aren't even mine....where the hell have you been all your life???
Where did I ever say I wanted "everything for nothing" - I am a conservative - I work for what I have - I certainly don't want a handout. - you have no argument so you put words in my mouth - real impressive!

Malia is in private school - tax dollars don't fund her education - and they shouldn't pay for security when she is on a school trip.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:39 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,846,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I never heard about Bush's daughters trips - why is that a problem for you? Maybe Bush didn't want to make a big deal of what their daughters were doing. Did you ever think that this discussion about Malia would not be occuring if their hadn't been an earthquake in Mexico. I'm sorry if I don't keep up with the activities of the presidents children as well as you do.

I maintain that if I had known that the Bush daughters were receiving taxpayer Secret Service protection on their school trips - I would have been as outraged as I am now. You libs want so badly to think that everyone sees the world from a partisan point of view just as you do. Not so - I am a man of principles - and I apply those principles evenly and without bias.

Sending the Secret Service out of the country to protect a student on a school trip is a waste of taxpayers money. It is a benefit that other American students don't receive and it is a form of welfare just as Ron Paul said. If Obama or Bush wanted the Secret Service to accompany their children out of the country - that is fine - but they should pay for it.
Selective memory, perhaps?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,198,051 times
In the minds of a certain element of the Right, The United States of America is in a constant de facto state of cold war with every other nation on Earth!!! The very notion of crossing a foreign border is an act of treason.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,079,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where did I ever say I wanted "everything for nothing" - I am a conservative - I work for what I have - I certainly don't want a handout. - you have no argument so you put words in my mouth - real impressive!

Malia is in private school - tax dollars don't fund her education""""

Then why are you whining about having to spend money on it....make up your mind!

"""" - and they shouldn't pay for security when she is on a school trip.
Originally Posted by Harrier
Obama should be arrested for letting his children play hooky from school - it happens to other parents - why not him?

Parents arrested in truancy cases - News - The Orange County Register"""""""

Yes, Americans fund the office of the President and ALL it entails.

YOU want to escape your fair share...YOU want something for nothing.

Ya left off the really silly part where you think Obama is letting his kids play hooky...was rather embarrassing thing to say , wasn't it.

Originally Posted by Harrier
They can do it on their own dime - not mine.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, Americans fund the office of the President and ALL it entails.

YOU want to escape your fair share...YOU want something for nothing.
I want something for nothing? We are discussing the Secret Service protecting Malia on a school trip out of the country. I DON'T want my money being used for that - how can you claim I want it and don't wish to pay for it? The persons who want it and don't want to pay for it are President Obama and President Bush - they should foot the bill for the Secret Service if their children go on a school trip out of the country. What part of that do you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies