Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 AM

43,638 posts, read 44,361,055 times

Advertisements

The Obama family members can travel to wherever they like. Sure there are great destinations within the USA but there is no reason for them only to travel within the USA. People should travel within their country (so that they know it) as well as outside their own country to get a broader view of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 06:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
BTW....0b0mba thinks that Hawaii is in Asia!
I thinks you must be in Jr.High and not doing so well with it. 0b0mba?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:10 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,276,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I mean really?

What about the gulf region, who's economy was devastated by BP?

Why do the obomba's almost always leave the states?
Because, as a part of Malia's education, she should learn what it's like to have traveller's diarrhea.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Malia is on a school trip to Mexico. That's a whole lot less extravagant than my PUBLIC school's trip to France and Spain for its foreign language students. I would assume, since it's a school sanctioned trip, that it's an educational experience - either immersion Spanish, archaeology, ecology, etc etc. I don't know those details, nor should ANY of us, but that's actually very, very standard for private schools and common for public schools.

Those girls won't be able to study abroad for a year in high school, and probably not even in college. Let them have their short trips now when they have to be in a group rather than independently.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,654,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Malia is on a school trip to Mexico. That's a whole lot less extravagant than my PUBLIC school's trip to France and Spain for its foreign language students. I would assume, since it's a school sanctioned trip, that it's an educational experience - either immersion Spanish, archaeology, ecology, etc etc. I don't know those details, nor should ANY of us, but that's actually very, very standard for private schools and common for public schools.

Those girls won't be able to study abroad for a year in high school, and probably not even in college. Let them have their short trips now when they have to be in a group rather than independently.
My DD's 10th grade class went to Italy. Not at all uncommon.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:18 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,391,753 times
I'll never understand the visceral hatred for the Obama family. If you hate the president's policies, fine, but family should be left out. I don't remember the Bush daughters being criticized and mocked so often as Michelle Obama and her daughters.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Hmnn...isn't part of the job of being a parent to place reasonable limitations on what your children can do?
Hmmmm ... isn't part of the job of a parent to reward our children when they meet or exceed our expectations?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Big difference.
Malia is on a SCHOOL related trip...with her SCHOOL....it's a NORMAL SCHOOL function that LOTS of SCHOOLS do.

She is NOT on a campaign.

Facts are interesting, you should try some!
"Lots of schools" send their 13 year olds (what's that, 7th grade?) on vacations in Mexico? I don't recall being sent there when I was that age...maybe I was sick that day.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I'll never understand the visceral hatred for the Obama family. If you hate the president's policies, fine, but family should be left out. I don't remember the Bush daughters being criticized and mocked so often as Michelle Obama and her daughters.
Yup.They think Michelle Obama is an evil person for encouraging people to eat fruits and vegetables. She`s a "food nazi".

Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,654,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"Lots of schools" send their 13 year olds (what's that, 7th grade?) on vacations in Mexico? I don't recall being sent there when I was that age...maybe I was sick that day.
Private schools or public school systems that have families with money, often do. Additionally, schools that are "magnet" type schools or gifted schools do too to offer the extra, hands-on enrichment programs.

I live in a very, solid middle-class county outside of DC and there are certainly "small group" trips at the middle school and high school level for kids that are involved in special interest clubs or courses.

Now, my own experience was not that way; however, that doesn't mean it isn't going on an awful lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies