Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type of capital punishment do you think Zimmerman deserve?
Lethal injection 2 11.76%
Electric chair 4 23.53%
Hanging 4 23.53%
Shooting squad 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,502,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I find this so upsetting I can hardly put it into words. How can you murder someone, much less a child, in broad daylight for no apparent reason than the color of his skin... then have the gall to claim self-defense to cover up your crime? That the local police department would buy your story without as much as an investigation is even more upsetting. Is this 1912 or 2012? Is this America or Somalia?

If Zimmerman doesn't get the death penalty or at least life without the possibility of parole, America will have lost apart of her conscience. Given the deliberate inaction of the local police department, it's encouraging to the see the FBI intervening. Let's see if justice is truly colorblind in this country.
he loves guns so much firing squad.

3,417 posts, read 3,059,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
My question is, Even with the severity of this issue, isn't this America?

Are you not innocent until proven guilty?

If he cannot get a fair trial, then he walks free.

I realize that this is a hot topic and there is a lot of real, and supposed information out there, but the bottom line is, not a person here knows the whole story, and yet, he has been convicted. Kinda like that international banker accused of raping that maid in New York. Everyone THOUGHT they knew he was guilty, he lost his job, his credibility, and then it was found out he was being falsely accused. Think Tawana Brawley...

Yes, I believe that something bad happened, and I believe that Mr Zimmerman, was contributory to the incident, but until I KNOW who/what/why/how it happened in it's entirety, I am not going to put the death sentence on the table and trust me, I am ALL for the death penalty when required.
Why didn't the kid get a fair trial? It seems like mr. zimmerman convicted this kid without any evidence.

20,893 posts, read 16,009,666 times
Shouldn't we wait for a trial and conviction first?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,502,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'd like to see him get a fair trial first, this is still America right?
Ill remember you said that next time someone black is accused of something. OJ got a fair trial didnt he?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:00 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,141,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Shouldn't we wait for a trial and conviction first?
If this guy isn't convicted I will be convinced that America is beyond saving.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,465,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Ill remember you said that next time someone black is accused of something. OJ got a fair trial didnt he?

Yes he did, and as one jurur said. " Mr simpson is mistaken that we found him innocent , what we found is that the prosecution did not prove its case." The same could happen in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies