Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 06:13 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ras is the only pollster using LV and Fox using RV, the others all use adults, so when they switch, his average will go down.

National polls are all well and good, but the state polls, in half a dozen states, is what will matter soon.

Again, 46% will not win an election, unless there is a third candidate pulling serious votes from one party, like what perot did.

Bubba didn't get to 50% in either election.

So far, Paul has won about a million votes, which won't be translating into anything significant in the general.
Negative! Most use gallups likely voter model or a close deviation of it. I'd also like you to put up some proof that polls even change their methodology before the election.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
A lot of troops will defy orders if or when they ever receive some to detain average citizens, storm into homes or do anything that is against their defense of the constitution. In fact....the military has Legal Authority right this very minute to handcuff an unknown number of folks in our white house and in the legislative branch, too.

We are living in literally uncharted times, as a nation. Our military is NOT going to fulfill the whims and wishes of a tyrannical govt.

Anybody have any clues as to whether or not BO has covertly started his Civilian Security Force, yet?? Any shopping for brown shirts?

Yeah, a brown shirt came to my door the other day...

Oh, wait, it was the UPS guy.

Never mind.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Never mind.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That's because the above is nonsense. The Paulinistas vote will not amount to that much.
No, your ignoring all the facts because they do not fit your wishes is nonesense. They amount to that much Now, another fact you seem to ignore. I understand you do not like the message and chose to ignore it, but when November gets here you will have no choice but to see reality, until then, enjoy.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

Never mind.
I tried to rep you but "they" wouldn't let me. But I LOVE your response.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
With the POTUS numbers tanking, now at 41%. Marines are speaking out against this Commander in Chief, saying they won't obey all orders.

They will fight enemies foreign and Domestic.

Battle Rattle - A Marine Corps Times Blog
Then he isn't much of a Marine. Perhaps he and his traitor buddies could give us a list of who they will fight.

I hope he enjoys the stockade

Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
A lot of troops will defy orders if or when they ever receive some to detain average citizens, storm into homes or do anything that is against their defense of the constitution. In fact....the military has Legal Authority right this very minute to handcuff an unknown number of folks in our white house and in the legislative branch, too.

We are living in literally uncharted times, as a nation. Our military is NOT going to fulfill the whims and wishes of a tyrannical govt.

Anybody have any clues as to whether or not BO has covertly started his Civilian Security Force, yet?? Any shopping for brown shirts?
I'm sure the Marines will want to be known as the Service that won't fight

Old 03-23-2012, 08:15 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Well apparently the 'tard just keeps posting more and more. Whatever, all this idiot is going to accomplish is highly restricted or the complete elimination of social networking privileges for active duty military. They're not going to tolerate this crap getting to the point where it is disruptive, and they shouldn't.

That's the problem with these tea sh*t-heads...they're too stupid to understand that they're not promoting freedom, they're promoting anarchy...which will ultimately result in less freedom for everyone. I really do wish the military would court martial this guy and sentence him to hard time in Leavenworth to make an example of him. And I hope they do the same with anyone else who entertains similar ideas.

I have no problem whatsoever with military personnel not liking Obama. I have no problem with military personnel having negative opinions about his policies, and within reason, I would say that they've earned the right to voice their purely political opinions about him (and anyone else) as much as anybody. I supported soldiers who criticized Bush's political policies during the Iraq war, so it's only fair that critics of Obama be given the same rights -- within reason. But remember, they're in the military to serve the military, and to serve all U.S. taxpayers, not just the ones who support the tea party and their wacky interpretation of the constitution. Hinting at the possibility of disrupting the chain of command and disrupting the effective function of the U.S. armed forces based on one's own individual perceptions of politics and political policy? Absolutely, positively not.

Like I say, when soldiers wake up one day and get the news that their Facebook pages are either to be taken down or their passwords are to be handed over to their superiors...they can blame this guy. I don't want my tax dollars being used to support anyone like him serving in the military.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Gary Stein, Marine Sergeant Facing Dismissal For Anti-Obama Facebook Page, Still Outspoken guess the marine corp don't agree, and neither do most people.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:49 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Gary Stein, Marine Sergeant Facing Dismissal For Anti-Obama Facebook Page, Still Outspoken guess the marine corp don't agree, and neither do most people.
Well in all fairness to Sgt. Stein, it appears a little more context has been added that wasn't present before. He didn't say he would disobey all orders (which is what I had seen more or less printed before now), he said he would disobey orders he deems to be unconstitutional including the arrest and detention of U.S. citizens, so it appears he *did* specify or attempt to specify what he was saying. Whether it's specific enough is something probably only his FB page followers and the military would know for sure. Regardless, I still think that posting on FB publicly, hinting at support from others, and then appearing at political rallies is asking for trouble. But again, the military needs to make that call without taking public opinion, pro or con, into consideration.

Last edited by chickenfriedbananas; 03-23-2012 at 09:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies