Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I'd bet most people here went to public school and knew that it doesn't require a state of war for the president to be Commander in Chief. Guess you slept in school.
You'd lose that bet. It really means that I paid such close attention that I can probably remember a lot that is dysfunctional that I was taught.

My experience in government schools blessed our children abundantly. It made a homeschooling Mom outta me. (Yes, we used a pre-packaged curriculum so that any errors govt. schools taught me weren't handed down to them and they both have excelled in life.)

Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Young lady, you have an attitude problem. I suggest you point it elswhere before you DO find out what I'm a scholar in.

Shame on you for your unprovoked snottiness. I never said I was a scholar, but I HAVE alluded to the fact that I *(along with millions of my fellow-travelers) have wisdom and common sense.

I was taught that by one of our stellar government school teachers and I concur that govt. isn't good at schooling, either---simply indoctrination which, thank God they failed in with many of us.

I also....never said "still" that that was IN the constitution.

You are living proof of what is wrong with libs and this nation, but I best stop here and not continue to lower myself to your level.
So you cant prove that what you said is correct.
I could care less what you think of my attitude, I find yours to be rather insufferable.
At least I could point out the fact that you were wrong, and you couldnt refute it.
Everything else in your post is just whining.
All that chest-beating about the constitution, and you dont even know what it says, and doesnt say.
Getting your hat handed to you by a lib must hurt your ego.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 PM

US Constitution Article 2, Section 2 "The president shall be called Commander-in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States."

The president shall be called Commander-in-Chief

when called into the actual service of the United States.

OR...are you folks reading it that the Militia is commanded by him when they are called into the service of the US?!

NO WONDER I was taught that at government school.

There's a comma that separates the Militia from "when called into service..."

This actually says "The president shall be called Commander in Chief when called into the actual service of the United States."

Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So you cant prove that what you said is correct.
I could care less what you think of my attitude, I find yours to be rather insufferable.
At least I could point out the fact that you were wrong, and you couldnt refute it.
Everything else in your post is just whining.
All that chest-beating about the constitution, and you dont even know what it says, and doesnt say.
Getting your hat handed to you by a lib must hurt your ego.
Eat crow...if you know how. I never insisted that it was in the constitution after I told another poster that I went to government school. Your ego swooped in, thinking that finally! you had me and could chew me out but what you have done here is expose what you really are.

I'm not surprised and yes, the constitution can be interpreted exactly as I was taught.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM

-hands sunnysee a big ole plate of crow, a fork, a napkin, and a lovely glass of Chianti.-
Here, dear, greater minds than yours have this all figured out.
Have fun reading.
Commander in Chief - American Government

http://scholarship.law.georgetown.ed...context=facpub

Commander-in-chief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Executive Branch | The White House

Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
mmmmmmmmm...Crow with jiblet gravy

Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You'd lose that bet. It really means that I paid such close attention that I can probably remember a lot that is dysfunctional that I was taught.

My experience in government schools blessed our children abundantly. It made a homeschooling Mom outta me. (Yes, we used a pre-packaged curriculum so that any errors govt. schools taught me weren't handed down to them and they both have excelled in life.)
I'd lose a bet that the majority of posters in this forum went to public school? I doubt it.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 PM

Oh, I've got links too...even at a leftwing site by a Phd from harvard that was posting when BUSH was in office.......and I'll serve you a plate of them after I get home from base, or ASAP.

So! we both have links....this is gonna be righteous fun.

I'll actually post to you again if you think you can grow up, not act like a lib/being pitifully sophomoric.

Too cool...looks like a host of folks have beat us to this debate, so much so that there's even a poll on peoples' interpretation of the constitution on it.

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/521743/results

Yeah, any cursory search engine use brings up countless websites with either of the interpretations.

It isn't the Militia that is controlled by him "when called into service by the US," but the sentence, OF COURSE has to start, and end by talking about Him, the president...and it does, and it is saying that the president is the commander in Chief

"when called into service by the US." In other words...

when and only when war is declared.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
So who is CINC in peacetime?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So who is CINC in peacetime?
Same guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies