Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDay135 View Post
Do any of you people remember a guy named Charlie Manson? Do you remember that basically those horrific murders were Manson's attempt to start a race war? Is that man a lunatic or what? Is that what you all are hoping for, riots and a race war? Do you know how crazy you sound?

The "quest for power" seems to be in your heads, so you hope for riots to validate your opinions and your quest for political power.
Don't think to many on these boards are advocating anything like riots and race wars.
Speaking for myself, i'm not into experiencing violence anymore. It has no lasting value to hurt each other.

Knowing the trend and the inevitability of it happening, is not the same as wanting it to happen.

There is the law of percentages that guarantee's there are enough really angry people out there, that are getting to the point where they have nothing to gain, so there is nothing to lose.

And that is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Do any of you people remember a guy named Charlie Manson? Do you remember that basically those horrific murders were Manson's attempt to start a race war? Is that man a lunatic or what? Is that what you all are hoping for, riots and a race war? Do you know how crazy you sound?

The "quest for power" seems to be in your heads, so you hope for riots to validate your opinions and your quest for political power.
Charles Manson was a nutjob and he wasn't running for president. Are you comparing manson to obama?

I haven't seen anyone hoping for any race war or riots just that there is a possibility that it could happen and you should be prepared. Maybe you need to read the thread before jumping in howling about manson unless he's your hero or something.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This could be what comes to fruition. The OWS protests fueled the fire. Look at the violence that broke out amongst those folks when they were just egged on by class warfare rhetoric. Imagine the racial tensions that will be thrown in if Obama were to lose. These folks in power now don't care who they hurt or what crashes and burns in the process of their quest for power IMO. The winter cooled off these protests but you will see them come back bigger, louder and more violent. Just wait until the dem and republican conventions.
I remember the Rodney King reaction, and the OJ reaction.. two different reactions and they were over the top.. crazy

Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I remember the Rodney King reaction, and the OJ reaction.. two different reactions and they were over the top.. crazy
I believe that is what some are hoping for.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I believe that is what some are hoping for.
If anyone is hoping for it , it is the communists.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
No Christian proselytizing, please. Thank you.
You brought it up rachel. Are you senile or you don't remember this post of yours.

Originally Posted by RachelDay135
No, we are not. Wasn't Noah part of the Old Testament? Didn't the New Testament have a different take on things?

So God is giving his message through the survivalists out there with their guns loaded and ready to kill others in a heartbeat?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If anyone is hoping for it , it is the communists.
Well IMO the communists have infiltrated our government almost completely.

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction or something along those lines as Reagan said.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM

133 posts, read 76,927 times
Quote:
Charles Manson was a nutjob and he wasn't running for president. Are you comparing manson to obama?

I haven't seen anyone hoping for any race war or riots just that there is a possibility that it could happen and you should be prepared. Maybe you need to read the thread before jumping in howling about manson unless he's your hero or something.
No, I'm comparing him to YOU.

Btw, I do not howl at any time; it's just not in my vocabulary. I've read the thread.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Well IMO the communists have infiltrated our government almost completely.

Freedom is only one generation away from extinction or something along those lines as Reagan said.
so true,. and many are communists who don't even know it because they are supporting the communists with their actions and words. Kind of surprise, I talk and act like a communist and don't really know it. sort of blind to that fact but we see it clearly.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
No, I'm comparing him to YOU.

Btw, I do not howl at any time; it's just not in my vocabulary. I've read the thread.
Why would you compare manson to me on a thread about surviving a calamity and why one should be prepared? Like I said read before jumping in howling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies