Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
The feminazis are in full force in this thread. Just face it feminazis, you don't want equal treatment, because you have that already, you want SPECIAL treatment! Which you also get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Go easy on him. He only knows what his opinion is because Rush tells him what it is. He is, however, Exhibit A for why women's rights is still an issue. There are still Cretins out there who would send us back to the good old days if they could.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
First, YOU don't know all "non-feminists" or all feminists and until you do you do not know what they ALL think.....scary thought for you but women are NOT cattle (despite what Republicans tell you) and each has different ideas and thoughts.

Answer to your abc:

A. Of course not because feminists have fought to give them equality and keep oppression at bay.

B. Why do they value men more than themselves? That IS oppressed and brainwashed and submissive and stupid....and they don't know it.

C. And no thought to what feminism and equality have gotten them. Feminism has caused NO problems for people who believe in equal rights.

It does cause problems for scared little misogynists.
Wow, the poster clearly said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi
the non-feminist females i know

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Why when people call out liberal feminists do they either not answer or deflect? Why do they only stick up for women who agree with them instead of for all women when the claim to speak for all women?
Many "interest groups" do this to members who dissent, not just feminsts. See African-Americans who are called "Uncle Toms" or Hispanics who are called "Tio Tomas".

Either way, I'm completely on board with the original purposes of feminism. I don't want to see women oppressed and I want them to determine their own destiny. I completely support an Equal Rights Amendment.

It's the double standards and "extra privileges" focus that has appeared in later years that I disagree with. (Example: NOW fighting against equal custody laws).

Old 03-23-2012, 10:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Every woman who attends college, works outside of the home, has a credit card and ownership of homes, cars, is able to divorce a violent spouse, has access to birth control, etc. has the feminist movement to thank.

I absolutely enjoy watching girls/women complaining about feminists while enjoying the benefits of that movement.

They just don't get it.
Exactly! I love hearing young women, on this forum and elsewhere, saying they're not feminists but believing in equal pay for equal work, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
the non-feminist females i know:

a. don't believe women are oppressed. (they don't feel oppressed)

b. think in the context of what's good for their brothers, fathers, husband, and sons

c. actually give some thought to the problems and inequities caused by feminism
Feminist women that I know:

a. Don't feel opressed themselves but do believe there's a long way to go for true equality.

b. Think in the context of what's good for their brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, husband, female SOs and friends, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, , sons and daughters, and all people. . They do not ignore the 1/2 of the population with two "X" chromosomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If not for the women's movement, Ms. Palin would not have been in politics to begin with.
That's right. I do recall reading that she once belonged to a group called "Feminists for Life", so she considers herself a feminist, as well she should.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The feminazis are in full force in this thread. Just face it feminazis, you don't want equal treatment, because you have that already, you want SPECIAL treatment! Which you also get.
Wasnt someone speaking of knuckle draggers somewhere upthread?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
In my experience with non-feminist women, they seem to belly crawl and subjugate themselves to men in order to raise themselves in the esteem of men over other women. A weird competition with their own gender.

It's like they only can see themselves as reflected by how their men see them. Not as an individual person standing on her own.

And I think they disagree with "feminism" because they are afraid of being responsible for themselves and their decisions. So much easier for them to depend on a man to do it for them.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
In my experience with non-feminist women, they seem to belly crawl and subjugate themselves to men in order to raise themselves in the esteem of men over other women. A weird competition with their own gender.

It's like they only can see themselves as reflected by how their men see them. Not as an individual person standing on her own.
HA! Even better are the ones who claim by being submissive to their men they are still feminists and equals to their husbands.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
HA! Even better are the ones who claim by being submissive to their men they are still feminists and equals to their husbands.
Yeah.....thats a WTH moment if I ever saw one.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
I still think they are getting some kind of kinky sexual thrill with the whole submission thing. No problem if that's your gig, but please don't push it on other women. I've never been much into BSDM or the whole Gor thing.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post

And I think they disagree with "feminism" because they are afraid of being responsible for themselves and their decisions. So much easier for them to depend on a man to do it for them.
You must know some really passive, insecure women then. I've only seen women like that who are so browbeat by abusive husbands, they are afraid of their own shadows.

Personally, I think every woman who has lived (or is living) the life she has forged for herself embraces what feminism is supposed to be about--but isn't, anymore--being a strong, confident woman capable of making decisions for herself and who realizes that one must be true to one's own self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies