Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,038,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sure people would know his name - he did win the Heisman Trophy and won a college football title. He may not be a great quarterback - but he is is good enough to play in the NFL and has a unique playing style. I think the Broncos should have kept him and let him devlop under Manning and in 3 years when Peyton retires Denver would be Tim's team. Now he is going to compete with another young QB in New York and might even see some significant playing time if Sanchez can't be more consistent.

This isn't sports forum - but my point of relating all this is to demonstrate that Tebow is not known only for his expresion of faith. he is a talented football player who had fans long before he inked an NFL contract. He is not doing what he does for "personal gain" - he is just being Tim Tebow. His faith is inseparable from the rest of his life - to ask him not to be outspoken and pray onfield, etc...would be akin to telling him he should stop breathing. He is acting naturally.
I am sorry,that's just not the way I see it.

I wouldn't have had a clue who the dude was (like about 99.99% of the sports figures on the planet) had not so many folks made fun of him on here, on TV and in real life...he's a joke....to be used as a butt of so many jokes shows that the average person sees the guy as a mockery...If THAT'S the case,he IS mocking/using GOD imho and that's all there is to it.....to bring GOD into a bad light = Mockery imo.

Prayer is fine,but his ignorant ways are not fine...now every idiot and his brother is doing it even in Rodeo after each ride...it doesn't look holy by no means,it looks stupid and cheesey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:49 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,918,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I am sorry,that's just not the way I see it.

I wouldn't have had a clue who the dude was (like about 99.99% of the sports figures on the planet) had not so many folks made fun of him on here, on TV and in real life...he's a joke....to be used as a butt of so many jokes shows that the average person sees the guy as a mockery...If THAT'S the case,he IS mocking/using GOD imho and that's all there is to it.....to bring GOD into a bad light = Mockery imo.

Prayer is fine,but his ignorant ways are not fine...now every idiot and his brother is doing it even in Rodeo after each ride...it doesn't look holy by no means,it looks stupid and cheesey.
You don't get it.

Tebow did not ask for the attention - the media made a big deal of him and people who were "offended"(by what pray tell?) made jokes about him. If you perceive that he has turned into a "mockery" - that is not his fault - it is the fault of the media for harping on his religious expression because they have an agenda.

Kneeling down on one knee and lifting a prayer to the Lord is "ignorant"? Please elaborate.

Tebow is not influenced by what the public or media think of him. He is not doing what he does for publicity - he is being himself.

And if you don't know who 99.9% of sports figures on the planet are - that is not Tim Tebows fault - it just demonstrates that you are not interested in sports. That you know about him now just shows that you are highly influenced by the media and you have bought into the negative light they try to portray Tebow in.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaw1981 View Post
Fox news and many conservatives say that Tim Tebow should be allowed to express his religion (I agree btw). Freedom of religion and no religion is one of the great things about our country. But would the right wing still be for Tebow expressing his religion if he was Muslim? Do you think Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly would be defending him if he kneeled and said "thanks to muhammad" with verses of the Quran on his face?
I wondered where this thread came from...another RWNJ site copied thread..yet again

What if Tim Tebow Were a Muslim?

Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 PM

155 posts, read 134,368 times
Quote:
What would the birthers do if Tebow ran for president? He was born in the Phillipines.
Ohh Ohh...I know the answer...nothing? Tebow is as American as apple pie to many on the right (as I said I have my issues with the left also).

Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
You don't get it.

Tebow did not ask for the attention - the media made a big deal of him and people who were "offended"(by what pray tell?) made jokes about him. If you perceive that he has turned into a "mockery" - that is not his fault - it is the fault of the media for harping on his religious expression because they have an agenda.

Kneeling down on one knee and lifting a prayer to the Lord is "ignorant"? Please elaborate.

Tebow is not influenced by what the public or media think of him. He is not doing what he does for publicity - he is being himself.

And if you don't know who 99.9% of sports figures on the planet are - that is not Tim Tebows fault - it just demonstrates that you are not interested in sports. That you know about him now just shows that you are highly influenced by the media and you have bought into the negative light they try to portray Tebow in.
Ok...so you finally show your true ignorance card...I give you my honest opinion..even say"sorry,that's just not the way I see it"...and you come back at me with the RWNJ BS of "the media" and me being influenced by it...you do not have a clue about me nor how little the "media" influences me or my family...it's RWNJ idiot's guide to arguing 101 that a person brings the "media" into their debate when they have no answers or opinions of their own....sorry I wasted my honest opinions on a poster such as yourself and now I will know better when discussing anything with you in the future.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 PM

155 posts, read 134,368 times
Quote:
I wondered where this thread came from...another RWNJ site copied thread..yet again

What if Tim Tebow Were a Muslim?

The truth is that I was watching Fox News yesterday and they were talking about the "attack" on Tebow and his religion. It was stated that this was a freedom of religion issue. Thinking about it for a few minutes I began to ask "how would they react if he was a Muslim"? I got on my computer and asked. I knew nothing of the link until you posted it.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,846,505 times
What if Ben Roethlisberger was a good guy? Would he be accepted on the left.

http://www.clubhousecancer.com/2010/05/ben-roethlisberger-is-an-arrogant-*******.html (broken link)

Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaw1981 View Post
Ohh Ohh...I know the answer...nothing? Tebow is as American as apple pie to many on the right (as I said I have my issues with the left also).
Barack Obama is as American as apple pie so long as he was born in the United States. The birthers don't think he was born in Hawaii. My question is about the natural born citizen clause. Tebow is a NBC because his parents were citizens. The birthers don't agree - I had one actually tell me that a baby who was born at a wedding in Tijuana(the mother and father in this hypothetical situation lived in San Diego) was not a natural born citizen and was ineligible to be president! So it seems they would have a problem with Tebow. I will wait for some birthers opinions.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:11 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,937,040 times
Hey Rocky thanked God after he knocked out Apollo in the second one and I didn't hear anybody get all upset. What's the big deal?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Ok...so you finally show your true ignorance card...I give you my honest opinion..even say"sorry,that's just not the way I see it"...and you come back at me with the RWNJ BS of "the media" and me being influenced by it...you do not have a clue about me nor how little the "media" influences me or my family...it's RWNJ idiot's guide to arguing 101 that a person brings the "media" into their debate when they have no answers or opinions of their own....sorry I wasted my honest opinions on a poster such as yourself and now I will know better when discussing anything with you in the future.
You said that you were aware of Tebow because you heard him being mocked on TV - television is a form of media. My point that Tebow did not seek attention but his actions were thrust into the limelight apparently went straight over your head - or you plugged your ears.

You can think whatever you like of me - but do realize that I don't hold a very high opinion of anyone whose argumentative arsenal includes using the term "RWNJ". You will notice I have not resorted to using ad hominem attacks against you. Your protestation about just giving "an honest opinion" falls a little flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies