Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

I couldn't care less that Osama is dead. I would happily trade that fact for an unemployment rate thats around half of the current rate and a federal deficit that has not completely spiraled out of control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 05:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
Because some people have a hard time getting it through their thick heads and are quite dismissive over the fact that Obama deserves credit. That's the purpose.

And what part of the process does he get credit for?

We know some of the first clues used to locate Bin Laden were gleaned at a secret CIA prison in Poland.

Since Obama has consistently opposed these prisons, that point goes to Bush.

Detainees identified a courier who may have been living with OBL.

Obama has been officially against enhanced interrogation of "detainees" at least since the primaries.

That point also goes to Bush.

In fact, except for dragging his feet for months before finally giving the go ahead and opposing the efforts which did prove effective, Obama did nothing to get Bin Laden.

First leads on bin Laden gathered at CIA prison - CBS News

Rodriguez: 'Enhanced Interrogation' Led U.S. to bin Laden | Swampland | TIME.com

Old 03-24-2012, 06:15 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Ok, but we also have hear multiple times a day about how he is responsible for the recession, high gas prices, a slow recovery, the deficit, and has accomplished absolutely nothing in his presidency. All this after he took over from the most incompetent buffoon to ever haunt the Oval Office who left the place looking like a frat house after an orgy.

Yes, it is a huge achievement, and it was the right thing to do.
I talked about 1 thing the OP was talking about.

Also, Rush and Sean have also blamed Bush for this economy, not fully, the problem is....obama takes NO responsibility....period....

Old 03-24-2012, 06:17 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Oh really. Precisely what did Obama do. If you saw the pics of everyone huddled in the war room whereas everyone else there was tranfixed. Omaha was hunched over like a school child examining a hill of ants. Very scary so non presidential. Brave young Americans committed to the defense and progress of this nation and recognizing no fear killed the fascist coward. Obama was like Don King at an Ali fight. He couldn't match Michele in a fair fight and you guys act like he pulled the trigger

The ocean dumping was a nice touch. Hope they had a nice spam sandwich stuffed in his mouth for bait.

SO, prove me wrong....or provide something....just not "Oh really."

IF you have not figured it out yet...obama gave the order to kill osama...which was correct...

Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
No, Barack Obama didn't pull the trigger, but he gave the green to the Navy SEALs and ordered them to complete the mission the same night Obama put Donald Trump in his place. Therefore, Obama deserves credit. Adolf Hitler never murdered anyone, yet he ordered the extermination of 6 million Jews. Hitler was responsible for the holocaust. Josef Stalin never killed anyone, but had his men butcher Russians and Soviets. More than 20 million men, women, and children were slaughtered under Stalin. Osama bin Laden never killed anyone, but he masterminded the bombing of the USS Kohl and orchestrated the darkest day of horror our nation has ever seen on September 11, 2001.

Unsurprisingly, buffoons like Rush Limbaugh have tried giving all the credit to Bush and debunk any credibility President Obama deserves. My deepest apologies to you conservatives are having a hard time digesting that George W. Bush dropped the ball and let Osama slip away for 8 years, but the truth speaks for itself. It may be a bitter pill to swallow because I know Tea Baggers will hate Obama anyway because he's black. They dumped the body in the ocean so nobody would make a shrine out of his grave and/or turn Bin Laden into a martyr. This can be painful, there no two ways about it. It's the simple truth, boys and girls.
You must be BORED TO DEATH to start this thread. There is no if Osama is dead. If the chicken crossed the road and was hit by a drunk driver does that mean maybe the chicken was drunk also would be a better thread starter.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well first off, I am a center, center-left guy myself, and you can find plenty of my moderate posts. If you have not supported insane rightwing threads, and if you have called out hyperpartisan threads as being as being a waste of bandwith (which I would generally agree with), then I offer my apology.

Feisty moderates are much appreciated!
I'm not a moderate. Having said that it seems my Libertarian views are less than popular with the mainstream crowds that populate the more vocal portions of both parties.

Based on the short posting history of the OP of this thread it seems that (despite the newness of their current username) he/she/it is intent upon doing little other than fostering a higher degree of hate, discontent, and argument among posters on this board than was already present. Aside from amusing the OP that can't possibly serve any useful purpose.

If there is ever to be intelligent discussion of a means of finding common ground between the extremes of both sides we need to stop feeding the trolls that enjoy causing even more pointless arguments than are currently choking the board.

Last edited by outbacknv; 03-24-2012 at 07:31 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 07:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All 0bama did was to stand on the shoulders of the former administration and the men and women who did all the work, and when the time finally arrived, all he did was NOT say "no".

Old 03-24-2012, 07:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
No, Barack Obama didn't pull the trigger, but he gave the green to the Navy SEALs and ordered them to complete the mission the same night Obama put Donald Trump in his place. Therefore, Obama deserves credit. Adolf Hitler never murdered anyone, yet he ordered the extermination of 6 million Jews. Hitler was responsible for the holocaust. Josef Stalin never killed anyone, but had his men butcher Russians and Soviets. More than 20 million men, women, and children were slaughtered under Stalin. Osama bin Laden never killed anyone, but he masterminded the bombing of the USS Kohl and orchestrated the darkest day of horror our nation has ever seen on September 11, 2001.

Unsurprisingly, buffoons like Rush Limbaugh have tried giving all the credit to Bush and debunk any credibility President Obama deserves. My deepest apologies to you conservatives are having a hard time digesting that George W. Bush dropped the ball and let Osama slip away for 8 years, but the truth speaks for itself. It may be a bitter pill to swallow because I know Tea Baggers will hate Obama anyway because he's black. They dumped the body in the ocean so nobody would make a shrine out of his grave and/or turn Bin Laden into a martyr. This can be painful, there no two ways about it. It's the simple truth, boys and girls.
You're right about Bush letting him go but you don't know the truth when you spew garbage and falsely accuse the tea party of being racist. So the repubs hated Clinton because he was a democrat but the reason they hate Obama is because he's black???? So if Obama was white they'd think he was a swell guy according to you. Good race baiting post btw.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 PM

25 posts, read 18,804 times
if you have seen the legislation passed after 9/11 and how are country has changed it only makes you suspect more that 9/11 was an inside job and Osama Bin Laden might have been dead before or is still around. this wouldn't be the first time gov't did cover up or lied to the people.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 AM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, prove me wrong....or provide something....just not "Oh really."

IF you have not figured it out yet...obama gave the order to kill osama...which was correct...
I have read one account that Obama was a holdout until the last and on advice crossed over. You miss the point. If bin laden was in a room all alone with the addition of being unarmed and he was the only one that could do it, would he do it. What's that you say. Well there is ur answer. I say he would go screaming to his white
Mama whom he kicked to the curb. This man is a pseudo intellectual and a poser. It is too bad the repugs do not have an answer to this nincompoop. Santorum more of the last 60 yrs. Romney a most forgettable maybe Mormon mafia and Gingrich the one hope with a historical understanding of the nation and it's place in the world, ideas to maintain our greatness and an electorate that could not pass a fifth grade geography test or any other for that matter. No wonder the institutional academics have taken control of the country after cloning the youth in their idiot storybook image and leaving them stranded with a mortgage on a useless peace of paper whilst they drive around in their beamers and make deposits on their exhibit ant tax payer supported salaries. Vote them back in idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies