Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I missed the memo where being Muslim was a disqualifier for POTUS.

There are plenty of real reasons to dislike the man as president, this nonsense just makes people look silly.
It isn't his being a Muslim that is the problem - but his claim to be a Christian. He can't be disingenuous and maintain respect.

I would have no problem with a Muslim president so long as (a) I could be certain the person was unquestionably loyal to the United States, (b) I agreed with the individuals policy stances on issues, and (c) The individual is honest.

Obama claims to be a Christian but there are reasons to doubt his truthfulness. That is a problem. However, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about his religious beliefs. Since I already don't trust him - I stay out of his spiritual life - and focus on voting him out of office when we get our chance in November.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-24-2012 at 11:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 12:00 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I missed the memo where being Muslim was a disqualifier for POTUS.

There are plenty of real reasons to dislike the man as president, this nonsense just makes people look silly.

It is about him lieing and being one, huge conjob, not about what religion he is. He claims to be christian but we found out about Rev. "wrong" and what a lunatic he is, far from being anything like Christ. Then BO lies and says he didn't know the guy was that raving mad, but we then found out that the BO even let him baptize his own, precious daughters.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It is about him lieing and being one, huge conjob, not about what religion he is. He claims to be christian but we found out about Rev. "wrong" and what a lunatic he is, far from being anything like Christ. Then BO lies and says he didn't know the guy was that raving mad, but we then found out that the BO even let him baptize his own, precious daughters.
I think there's plenty of "evidence" demonstrating he is, in fact, a christian, and a member of a black liberation christian church. Read that Snopes article debunking this whole muslim thing and get a damn grip.

Again: there are plenty of reasons to legitimately dislike him as President and plenty of reasons to vote him out of office; this stuff makes people look like paranoid, raving lunatics...

Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The Scriptures tell us that the one and only evidence of true salvation (i.e. being a REAL Christian) is the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. And the outward manifestation of the indwelling Spirit are these traits, called "fruits of the Spirit:"

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance (Gal. 5:22-23)

In other words, a truly saved person, an authentic, genuine Christian, will exhibit those things in his or her life. Note that NONE of them are behaviors which the uninformed attribute to a "real" Christian. They are character traits, a way of life which sets such a person apart.

Now...how many of those do you see in the life of Barack Obama?

How many do you see in the lives of those supposed "real" Christian's who sit in judgment of his soul?

Read the below.
I always find it interesting that people that claim to be Christian attack other folks Christianity.
Whats that about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
President Obama is nothing if not longsuffering. His family seems to be grounded in love, joy, goodness and faith...and he also shows temperence. His detractors? Not so much.
^This right here.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't care what religion he is, he's a lousy president.
This, pretty much.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Hold onto your socks because this ONE JUST MIGHT BLOW THEM OFF!!!!!! But WND has uncovered another juicy tidbit *gasp* that will leave you shocked. They are claiming the the president *wait for it*

IS REALLY A MUSLIM!!!!! Now i now none of you have ever heard anything like this, but it's right there. They even have someone who claimed to be friends of his mothers boyfriends sisters cousin who had a friend who worked at their house and saw him reciting muslim prayers. Obviously with this type of top notch detective work and WND reputation of non biased reporting we should expect ACTION!!!!

Obamas ‘Muslim childhood’ to become campaign issue?
I don't think you even read this article. You are reacting only to the headline. But, try reading the article.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:48 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The world nut daily is better than the weekly world news when it comes to the most ridiculous trash being spread around.
Yeah and the you tube MUST BE nuts they have have Obama's own words to show that WORLD NET DAILY - an Independent news source is telling the TRUTH

Here is the proof right from Obama's lips !!

Ridiculous Trash ???? NOT EVEN CLOSE!

TEMPEST68 - your credibility to understand simple facts is more than obvious! you're an Obot that can't admit the SIMPLE truth

Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
^Youtube.
Theres a reliable source.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:52 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^Youtube.
I guess that Is an obama impersonator like they use on Jay Leno??

Wow he even fooled CNN.

dem people in missouri are SMART!

Old 03-25-2012, 04:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^Youtube.
Umm...the words came right out of Obama's mouth - did u bother to watch the video? He refers to "my Muslim faith".

Another "attack the messenger" impeachment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies