Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to choose a party of identify with and/or support, which would you choose?
Republican 49 49.00%
Democrat 51 51.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 04:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I don't like nor want fascist tyranny, that's why I support the democrats.
I don't like or want fascist tyranny, that is why I find the Republicans the lesser evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You had better take a better look at the Democrats platform if you are truly an opponent of tyranny - if you were honest with yourself, you wouldn't ever support them.
The democrats pushed and passed the anti-freedom, big government and anti-constitution patriot act?

The democrats pushed and passed legislation to create the huge government DHS?

The democrats pushed and passed sending the country to war with Iraq based on lies?

The democrats created and passed "trickle down" tax plans that give everything to the rich and large corporations?

The democrats are the ones blocking every single piece of legislation that will stop the off-shoring of our direly needed jobs?

I've taken a very good look at all the platforms and if you are for freedom, and against fascist tyranny, you would have to be a complete moron to support the GOP.
The gop means nothing but huge spending, huge government, anti-freedom, anti-constitution, and pro corporatism/fascism. They would love nothing more than to force their own kind of sharia law and hard right corporatist/fascist agenda on the nation.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:54 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
"Other" isnt an option, and should be, so I would have to say republican.

Watching this administration, and the ilk following and the dumbing down of this country is really angering to me.

I voted for Obama, but I damn sure didn't sign on to the blatant lies, blame game and class/race separation and the total lack of leadership and non-transparency as he promised he would never conceive of doing. He has taken it to that level and far beyond, and anyone that cannot see that is completely brainwashed in my opinion.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:56 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
Quote:
The democrats pushed and passed the anti-freedom, big government and anti-constitution patriot act?

The democrats pushed and passed legislation to create the huge government DHS?

The democrats pushed and passed sending the country to war with Iraq based on lies?

The democrats created and passed "trickle down" tax plans that give everything to the rich and large corporations?

The democrats are the ones blocking every single piece of legislation that will stop the off-shoring of our direly needed jobs?

I've taken a very good look at all the platforms and if you are for freedom, and against fascist tyranny, you would have to be a complete moron to support the GOP.
The gop means nothing but huge spending, huge government, anti-freedom, anti-constitution, and pro corporatism/fascism. They would love nothing more than to force their own kind of sharia law and hard right corporatist/fascist agenda on the nation.
Poster child of re-writing history right here.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
[quote=icecreamsandwich;23558870] After all some companies like Apple have been having record profits, so where are the jobs? [/ quote]

IT jobs are plentiful, the problem is that many people don't have the skills to fill those jobs. If we keep electing Democrats, you will continue to see education spending cut because that is the first thing to go when entitlement spending proliferates - and the giveaway can't be supported. Look at California - it once had the best system of higher education in the land - then the Democrats took control in the leglislature and the CSU and UC systems are cutting spending - and a UC education isn't the great thing it used to be.

Elect Republicans, make education a priority, and watch our republic recoup the prestige in education we once had.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
I prefer freedom and liberty over fascist tyranny, that's why I chose democrat.
This.

When the Republicans stop trying to legislate people's personal lives, I will stop voting against them. When they stop pretending that we can spend like drunken sailors while simultaneously slashing revenue, then get all holier than thou about deficits the second they get kicked out of office, they might actually get my vote.

Neither of those things is going to happen anytime soon, as the party has been taken over by extremist social authoritarians and people so disconnected from economic reality that they shouldn't be trusted with one's pocket change.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This.

When the Republicans stop trying to legislate people's personal lives, I will stop voting against them. When they stop pretending that we can spend like drunken sailors while simultaneously slashing revenue, then get all holier than thou about deficits the second they get kicked out of office, they might actually get my vote.

Neither of those things is going to happen anytime soon, as the party has been taken over by extremist social authoritarians and people so disconnected from economic reality that they shouldn't be trusted with one's pocket change.
You are describing the Democrat Party - is this something you do not realize?

Old 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
I'd sooner die than vote Democrat. They are anti-American.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times
Having to choose, I would pick republican.

Government should have no role in social matters, and only some control on the economy. I'm interested in the economy and deficit, which no democrat seems to care about right now.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:12 PM

The Republicans seem to be winning in this poll - I think the results we see here are going to carry over to November - the Democrats are an empty suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies