Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This sad story smells like an honor killing with the husband leaving a racist note to cover it up and shift the blame elsewhere.
As I sit here in my double wide, drawing on the vast knowledge I've accumulated over the years watching detective shows, my uncanny "Colombo" like senses kick in.......I smell a skunk!!!
Wait a minute, I had 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch today....never mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Two things come into my mind:

[1] Let's look at friends and family first.

[2] Then, let's look at a disfranchised soldier, with ties to the White Aryan Nation, which is well-known in the Falbrook town of North San Diego County, where the soldiers are stationed.

El Cajon is home to a multitude of Mexican families that are considerate to the sufferings of immigrants. I have doubts that this crime has been caused by anyone in the Mexican community.

North San Diego County is hateful toward DIVERSITY.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Spot on. For the longest time "honor killings" were not a consideration in law enforcement as this was something imported by hardcore fanatic Muslims into the US, something unknown and unfamiliar territory to law enforcement.

There have been more honor killings that the general public realizes. Before law enforcement became educated about honor killings these killings were categorized as a murder. The general public is not aware of the frequency and the excuses used by families. Many daughters are here one day, gone the next, with the family saying she "went back to their home country to get married", never to return again, or were reported "missing" only for their bodies to be found later on and it was assumed by law enforcement it was a kidnapping/murder.
Not only the Muslims are known for Honor Killings.......India is well-known for them also.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, well, the evidence found by police (a racist note) doesn't support whatever scenario you've imagined. Sorry. Police investigate based on evidence, not mantras, riddles, interpretations of Biblical verses, or the alignment of stars.
I see you are a fountain of knowledge about honor killings taking place in western countries such as the US and the UK.

Geez, did you ever hear of someone trying to cover up a murder???

Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Not only the Muslims are known for Honor Killings.......India is well-known for them also.
True. They are also well known for disfigurement - acid throwing, which is more common that honor killing.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:13 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
They'll be looking very closely at the immediate friends and family of the victim.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
In the US, they just kill/murder for fun.
What's the difference, an innocent person is dead.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's the difference, an innocent person is dead.
So non-Muslims and serial killers take killing/murdering people serious?

Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
So non-Muslims and serial killers take killing/murdering people serious?
Please translate your comment, it makes no sense.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please translate your comment, it makes no sense.
The conversation had to do with honor killings taking place in the US (I believe the poster was referring to Muslims in the US and pointed out that some people from India in the US hold the belief that "honor killings" are justified).

You comment refers to "they". Who is they? I took your comment to refer to Muslims and Indians in the US since that is the country under discussion.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies