Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should social issues be regulated by government?
Yes 7 10.00%
No 63 90.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:51 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
hear, hear!

It's exactl;y why better-educated economic/fiscal conservatives have been deseting the republican party for years.

But, santoruma and a few other simpletons notwithstanding, we'll be arouind come november to close ranks against the real threat to individual liberty on the only issue that reaally counts --- obama and his gang's rape of our economy.
a
b
o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 04:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
All my native American friends vote democrat because they hate conservatives.

Or maybe because they love a nanny state.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
The meaning of conservatism is to keep things the same and keep tradition. Giving people freedoms goes against their "traditional" values. It's not just gay marriage. Think about other races and cultures that live here. Many conservatives are xenophobic too and would have no problem using the government to oppress the cultures or religions they deem to be a threat. Cconservatives have always been on the wrong side of history. All my native American friends vote democrat because they hate conservatives.
I'm just curious... Have you or any of your "native american friends" ever been on a reservation to see what democratic policies have done for american indians? Your wonderful handouts to the indian nation have taken a once proud people and basically destroyed them. The only "Native Americans" that support the democratic party are the illiterate that have wasted their lives living on the nanny state. Very few tribes have resisted the nanny state and those that have, have a much higher standard of living and haven't sold their pride for a handout....

Old 03-25-2012, 04:47 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
I think your thread title should be about the topic and not something to start right wing flaming. Especially since your first sentence says its your beef with everyone.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I looked at the poll results and I'm thinking that there's a lot of hypocrites and liars on this forum. The forum itself tilts heavily right and I'm calling BS that most of them don't want things like gay marriage, abortion and other social issues driven by the government.

Here's a better poll:
The inspiration for the phrase you find so offensive was the Star-Spangled Banner, the Union cause in the Civil War, and oppostion to the Soviet Union.
Read about it here. Pretty interesting..

In God We Trust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I looked at the poll results and I'm thinking that there's a lot of hypocrites and liars on this forum. The forum itself tilts heavily right and I'm calling BS that most of them don't want things like gay marriage, abortion and other social issues driven by the government.

Here's a better poll:
So you are saying that it is not possible to fiscally "tilt heavily right" and believe in personal freedom on a social level? I have news for you. This is the way the right is moving. 10 years ago, Santorum would have already locked up the nomination over Romney, but as things have changed, Santorum can only win in the South. Most modern republicans are equally nauseated with the religious right's attacks on personal freedom as they are with the democratic party's attacks on economic freedom. I wonder what the left is going to do when they no longer have these Santorum-type republicans to (rightly) mock?

Old 03-25-2012, 05:37 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm just curious... Have you or any of your "native american friends" ever been on a reservation to see what democratic policies have done for american indians? Your wonderful handouts to the indian nation have taken a once proud people and basically destroyed them. The only "Native Americans" that support the democratic party are the illiterate that have wasted their lives living on the nanny state. Very few tribes have resisted the nanny state and those that have, have a much higher standard of living and haven't sold their pride for a handout....
Your observation on the plight of Native peoples is a good one, but I also believe that there is something in the basic ethic and character of young Native men that makes them particulary insubordinate to the atmosphere of constant feigned self-effacement that characterizes too moch of the new, feminized, Very Politically Correct workplace.

Having worked in several such places over the past few years, I've noticed that a lot more of the work foce is familiar with the plot of the classic film "Cool Hand Luke" - (Shakin' it, boss!)

I have no idea how to address the growing amount of abuse and power-gaming that characterizes this problem. The regular protocols of traditional organized labor clearly have no answer. We need to formulate some set of fundamental employee rights, or at least, identify the worst abuses in the present atmosphere of micromanagement, but this is, admittedly, an extremely slippery slope toward further state interference.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-25-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 05:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why does anyone have the right to tell someone they must give a portion of the fruits of their labor to someone else?

*AMEN* Remember that email that was so popular soon after BO won election? well, maybe you didn't get it but I got it multiple times over a couple of years.

It made the point beautifully!~

It was something about telling students that made very high grade averages that they were going to lose their academic standing because some of their grade points were being given to the lower-achieving among them.

It was genius~
Shame we can't actually threaten to DO that to students in our Marxist-leaning schools and have them actually fear...for maybe a few minutes, that we actually meant it.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Or maybe because they love a nanny state.
I vote Democrat and I hate the nanny state. Until Republicans quit acting like bible thumping idiots about education, science, gays, Muslims, and women as well as Hispanics, I will keep voting Democrat. They preach "MORE FREEDOM" and they turn around and do the exact opposite. All the nanny countries I know have a huge military bloated budget (Nazi Germany anyone?) and big walls along the border with tough laws (Nazi Germany, North Korea) match the USA.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
None of them have lived on wel fare. They are all good people and many care about the little people as opposed to Republicans who have greed on their minds 24/7. The accumulation of wealth isn't the most important thing to some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies