Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
But that is not what this thread is about.
perhaps it looks like a beat up on muslim thread to me.
but b4 we flog them i think its good to look at our abusive behavior right here at home, and its not all male on female. in fact for us domestic violence is 50/50.
i find the muslim rehetoric no less offensive than conversations i have overheard at the office by women bragging about abusing their husbands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 09:01 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
perhaps it looks like a beat up on muslim thread to me.
but b4 we flog them i think its good to look at our abusive behavior right here at home, and its not all male on female. in fact for us domestic violence is 50/50.
i find the muslim rehetoric no less offensive than conversations i have overheard at the office by women bragging about abusing their husbands.
Huck, I am not gonna debate this with you......I walloped my ex with a cast iron skillet once.
But that was while he was beating me so badly, I delivered our twin sons stillborn at 8 months just hours later.
Just saying that what you are speaking of is a subject for another thread, you know?

Old 03-25-2012, 09:06 PM

212 posts, read 375,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
your collectivism is disgusting.
Um, how so?

Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
when the left and the women on the view holds up the Muslims , they also hold up sharia law against women.. yet the left suppose to support women.. I guess it is only women who are liberal .. come to think of it, the liberal women don't support the conservative women either.. double hypocrites.
In your world not frothing at the mouth against all Muslims is tantamount to unconditional adulation of Islam and welcoming sharia law with open arms.

(That is why everything you say can be dismissed as hyper-partisan nonsense.)

I care as little about Islam as I do about Christianity (Meaning: Not at all) I abhor violence, and have a particular issue with domestic violence, having been on the receiving end of it as a child. I have, and would again, intervened when I have witnessed this reprehensible behavior.

Your attempts to lay the crimes of a foreign culture at the feet of liberals, none of whom even remotely advocate violence against women, just because we don't also advocate exterminating all Muslims wholesale, disgusts me.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
But that is not what this thread is about.
I am still trying to clarify Sunnysee's post, but she mentions palin again, so I guess I wont bother.

I dont get where lynyrd skynrd enters into it,lol.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
I heard Santorum wrote the Prologue for this book

Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
In your world not frothing at the mouth against all Muslims is tantamount to unconditional adulation of Islam and welcoming sharia law with open arms.

(That is why everything you say can be dismissed as hyper-partisan nonsense.)

I care as little about Islam as I do about Christianity (Meaning: Not at all) I abhor violence, and have a particular issue with domestic violence, having been on the receiving end of it as a child. I have, and would again, intervened when I have witnessed this reprehensible behavior.

Your attempts to lay the crimes of a foreign culture at the feet of liberals, none of whom even remotely advocate violence against women, just because we don't also advocate exterminating all Muslims wholesale, disgusts me.
Agree. Notice the far right has no issue with rush and his misogyny and hate, but they act as if liberals want "sharia law" which must be a beck talking point.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
In the book’s opening pages, it is written that “it might be necessary to restrain her with strength or even to threaten her.”

Isn't true love a beautiful thing?
I hate gettng involved in these threads, but we are taking about a culture (Islam) which rejects, among other things, the (relatively recent) Western idea of romantic love as a crucial component of matrimony.

It is very difficult to keep one's cultural distance in debates over what is "right" and "wrong" behavior, when looking at things from a cross-cultural perspective.

Many Muslims -- including females -- would argue that disciplining one's wife is a way to demonstrate commitment or even "love", in a sense. If nothing else, it shows that the husband is paying attention to his wife and cares enough about her to play what his culture would define as the proper role of the husband in a marriage.

We westerners have tended to move toward a titular form of equality in all of our relationships, including sexual. Many of us see this as a natural progression from our Humanist/Enlightenment roots. Keep in mind, though, that much of the rest of mankind, including Islam, never experienced either a humanist awakening movement or an Enlightenment movement, with the fruits of the latter still very much at work in shaping social mores and policies. We ignore this difference at our peril.

Here's an interesting, if somewhat annoying, recent take on it:

http://www.realclearworld.com/articl...als_99976.html

Old 03-26-2012, 12:46 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
So, you think that you do, in fact need to discipline your wife then ?

In reality, you just started a thread about how terrible it is to be muslim, but you reserve your right to give the missus a slap if she steps out of line, while using the premise that you actually care about female equality to have an excuse to rant about muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I won't say that some women might not need at least a spanking but I don't hold with a closed hand into a fist.

Last edited by bobman; 03-26-2012 at 12:58 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I won't say that some women might not need at least a spanking but I don't hold with a closed hand into a fist.
Remember Loreena Bobbit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies