Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Why on earth did the TSA officer get involved? They aren't LEO's, they cannot detain.
Actually, further investigation finds, it WASN'T TSA officers, it was in fact the LOCAL POLICE.

Additionally she was found guilty of the criminal complaint she was charged with in the incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why do you hate freedom?

If it wasn't for the TSA and other fedgov security measures restricting our rights,we wouldn't be free.

And then the terrorists would have won.
No, the terrorists win when we are so bats**t scared we allow things like the Patriot Act, and the full body scanners to be apart of our daily lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
No, when TSA 'officers' can manhandle children, the old, the disabled and threaten parents with arrest if they defend their children, the terrorist have clearly WON already. They were out to change our way of life. So now to travel you have to go through a prison search. And they miss knives, guns, and fail their own security checks regularly while captureing shampoo bottles.

And the TSA hasn't caught anything but cancer. Karma is a b tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
TSA officers can't manhandle anyone. They aren't enforcement officers, they are compliance officers.
They do ALL the time, in addition to molesting little children, it's SICK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
No, unconstitutional because the Israeli system would require us to profile based upon race, religion, etc.
They already do. TSA has been proven to be MUCH more agressive, rude, and frankly sickening in their behaviour towards little children, the elderly, the handicapped, and women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Heh. She was found guilty.

Apr 15, 2009 -- Kassner is found guilty by after a juty trial on her criminal charge and sentenced to pay $2,500 in fines and $1,101 in court costs.
Sep 20, 2010 -- Jury finds in favor of defendant officers in Kassner's case against the individual officers.
You forgot to link where the TSA/airport settled in HER favor for 1.7 million; so OBVIOUSLY the TSA agents were in the wrong in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I will say once again I have seen these morons abuse people too sick to stand. They are America's nazi thugs, I'll educated,poorly trained not fit for entry level minimum wage and this is particularly true of the line captains. Barney fifes on steroids.
Naw, Barney wasn't malicious like these morons are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This woman was on a reality TV show. She was flimed drunk offering to buy a good looking young man an expensive car in return for being her boyfriend.
Yes, because ALL reality TV is real and not edited or scripted or anything...:rolleye s:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you resist arrest, the PD will get tough with you, and they are authorized to do so. She won't get a penny.
Too late, she already got 1.7 million dollars worth of pennies.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Exactly why I said they used too much force in my earlier post and they went to court and she got a settlement. I guess you both missed that part. No one reads the threads anymore. How could you key off one thing I said and totally disregard the other. He asked if she commited a crime. She did. It's not rocket science. They used too much force and she took them to court and won....they also took her to court ...and won. More than one crime was committed here... I guess she's innocent since they used too much force?
Is that what you are trying to say? That's some crazy rationalization you got there.
My comment had nothing to do w/ innocence or guilt. But the idea that a physical and violent response is appropriate for a perception of "disobedience". I was simply addressing that statement.

Unfortunately, money doesn't make things all better. It won't fix what was damaged. Officers rarely if ever get disciplined for this behavior. It is cruel and sick.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
There is no such thing as "TSA Police". TSA baggage checkers do not have police powers or any law enforcement training. In fact, there is a bill in congress right now to forbid them from using the term "officers" for that very reason. Congress Is Trying To Revoke Tsa Badges And Officer Title | Jetcareers

Old 03-27-2012, 06:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, further investigation finds, it WASN'T TSA officers, it was in fact the LOCAL POLICE.

Additionally she was found guilty of the criminal complaint she was charged with in the incident.
You may be right. I watched the video on my phone so it's hard to tell. It appeared to be 2 cops and a tsa screener to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies