Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,902,282 times

Advertisements

kkaos2, The cases you mentioned did not feature an unarmed teen shot dead.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,748,051 times
Evidence says Martin Attacked Zimmerman from behind

Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,321,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I don't buy it. In case of serious injury, we'd airlift someone if need be to a hospital in rural counties by me, with lesser pops.

I do wonder if the pd is involved in aiding Zimmerman.
He said he was fine and the police said "ok"

Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM

Then he had a boo-boo. Poor, poor murderer. PDS push people into treatment when serious, to avoid liability.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,844,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'd feel 100% threatened, JustNancy. When I was in college, a student broke a lit campus map. A security guard yelled for him to stop and fired warning shots in the air, on a campus with hundreds in the area as classes were changing. I went to see a friend 15 minutes later in the security office (student on work study) and overheard the guard being fired for cause. Just like Zimmerman, based on what has come out, the guard was a complete moron, who stood a great chance of hurting someone, had he not been fired.

Most neighborhood watches of ONE do not attract the sharpest caryons in the box.
I'm glad they fired that security guard! He could have hurt innocent students.

If you check out the other calls he made over the past year, Zimmerman called 911 because he saw a 7 year old Black kid who was acting suspiciously. He called 911 when someone left his garage door open. Is this a very dangerous place to live?

These reports are available on the Sanford Police site. It's a .pdf file and you get the distinct impression he had some kind of hero syndrome. He tried to become a police officer and is 28. So why isn't he a cop? He's not even a volunteer cop or a security guard. I posted in another thread that employees in a bank or a retail store are fired if they use force when they see suspicious activity. You are supposed to call the police and wait for them to arrive unless your life is in imminent danger. Apparently many here do not know what the word "watch" means. The security guard you mentioned obviously was overzealous and out of line, but he was a paid security guard. A volunteer neighborhood watch guy is far down on the food chain, so maybe that's why he was running around following people. Was he working? I haven't read much about his work history, only that he's been arrested twice for felony assault. Obviously, this neighborhood watch responsibilty gave Zimmerman a sense of self importance. By the way, the Police Chief said Zimmerman wasn't even on patrol that evening and was running a personal errand. I caught this when Bill Lee was interviewed.

378 posts, read 701,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
First of all.....Zimmerman has to be arrested and tried for anything to be relevant in a court of law.

Exactly what I said in my post you are referencing:

"If this were taken in front of a jury, these new discoveries would not be relevant to the night in question, and I could almost bet that any objection to bringing up this information would be sustained by the judge. Unfortunately, as it stands today, a judge and jury will never hear any of this."

Secondly, irresponsible reporting has EVERYTHING to do with it. You obviously are so blinded in your myopic witchhunt for "justice" that you haven't thought about how the portrayal of these events in the media can affect hundreds of other peoples welfare and affect the retarded majority of Americans perception.

Anyway I have joined no witch hunt - there you go reading into things, which you've clearly done a lot. From the facts that have come out about the case, both with what we do know prior to the shooting and the ineptness of the Sanford PD (see, I said ineptness. If this were me joining a witchhunt I would have thrown in 'conspiracy/racism, etc.' but I am going with facts), I believe Zimmeran should stand trial for manslaughter. I also believe those that you say are joining a witch hunt want the same thing. The JUSTICE that most people want is for Zimmerman to stand trial for shooting someone when there is clearly enough evidence that suggested that his self-defense claim isn't open and shut, and it never was.

Again, everything that has been brought up re: Trayvon has no correlation to what happened that night. And you can try to spin it any way you want where it does exactly correspond to him being shot in the chest, but water it will not hold.

12,200 posts, read 18,321,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I might take your link seriously if it wasn't from a website where people make comments like "black s aren't human but animals"

Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,285,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar
Or how about this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."
"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."
How can anyone consider any one of those statements "shooting off his mouth?"

I do think that qualifies as 'shooting off his mouth.' In essence he injected race into the discussion when there is no real evidence that the shooting was racially motivated, whether self-defense or not. At the very least the statement by Obama was ill-considered, in the context of a situation where a bunch of people have accused the shooter of being racially motivated.

It's kind of ironic that Obama once accused McCain with almost the same verbiage. Now he openly expresses the same thought of which he falsely accused McCain.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...bama-concedes/

Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,388,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I do think that qualifies as 'shooting off his mouth.' In essence he injected race into the discussion when there is no real evidence that the shooting was racially motivated
Except the part where Zimmerman calls Martin a "coon" on the 911 call...

Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM

A 7 year old acting suspciously? Incredible-if so, Zimmerman is too stupid to be a strip mall guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies