Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:18 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times

Advertisements

According to Zimmermen, his head was pounded against the sidewalk repeatedly.

His injuries are wildly inconsistent with his story, or he has a skull made from cinder blocks.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Bru San, Obama did not address the assailant, just the victim. Unlike most victims, the person known to have murdered him is still at large.

That's why this case is different from the rest. When was the last time, pre Jim Crow South, a known murderer failed to face charges, or at least be detained for more than a cup of coffee, one month after the murder.
What other young victims, of whom there are many, many, has Obama addressed with such concern? Do you attach more importance to this particular young black man because he was killed by a white man? What of the senseless killing of children by random shots from gangbangers piercing walls of homes to kill toddlers in their beds? What of those poor children? Who speaks for them?

Bob; I understand your chagrin at the seeming injustice of this travesty of a situation BUT I believe to some degree the local police forces have their hands tied with the bonds of laws existing that allow for neighbourhood watch to be armed and given some legitimacy to behave in an irresponsible manner then getting a pass due to other laws on the books that preclude ANYONE using a weapon to kill someone being given the full attention of the law. This is just plain nuts in the extreme; following someone while armed with the intent to confront should be limited to LEO'S who are bound by probable cause limitations.

Zimpy admitted shooting the kid and stated he was still armed when police showed up. For them NOT to have charged him there must absolutely have been some evidence available to cover their butts for the questions that would certainly arise upon the death of an unarmed young man.

I have to believe in police having at least the modicum of common sense and knowing without a doubt, for them to simply give Zimpy a high-five and an atta-boy would lead to another Los Angelas melt down.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM

210 posts, read 251,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I highly doubt you're a "white southerner."

If so, you're a white southerner who is ignorant of the facts and not particularly interested in Constitutionally protected due process.

Educate yourself. Or go join a rally. Matters not to me. But what happens when you have egg on your face? Will you then question your ideals? Again.....I highly doubt it.
Yes I am enraged, and I am what I say I am. The minority of vocal and powerful racists and idiots that masquerade as being a part of my party and particularly the ones that are also my skin color and live in the same region as me like these morons down in Sanford REALLY hurt my cause, THEY are my sworn enemies, not democrats. You can thank Zimmerman and Sanford along with the racist bloggers for ensuring the current idiot in office gets re-elected.

Most of us white conservative southerners ARE NOT RACISTS OR MORONS THE MORONS AND RACISTS JUST MAKE THE MOST NOISE AND IT PISSES ME OFF. IVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!!!

This on top of an innocent child losing his life and a man who would have walked scott free IF NOT for the media because his daddy is a rich judge with political connections has got me livid.

I can't even begin to imagine how angry black people are right now. Because I'm not black and I AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH RAGE. Topics like this and the fake pics and the "he should have died" or "another n***** dead" comments I'm seeing in the internet are the equivalent of pouring metric tons of gasoline on the Forest fire currently burning that is my anger.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
1. Prominent conservative websites published fake photos of Martin. Twitchy, a new website run by prominent conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, promoted a photo — purportedly from Martin’s Facebook page — that shows Martin in saggy pants and flipping the bird. The photo, which spread quickly on conservative websites and Twitter, is intended to paint Martin as a thug. As Twitchy later acknowledged, it is not a photo of Trayvon Martin. [Examiner]

2. The Sanford Police selectively leaked irrelevant, negative information about Martin. The authorities told the Orlando Sentinel this morning that Trayvon was suspended from school for ten days “after being found with an empty marijuana baggie.” There is no evidence that Martin was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death, nor would prior possession of marijuana be a reason for killing him. It’s unclear what the relevance of the leak was, other than to smear Martin. [Orlando Sentinel]

3. On Fox News, Geraldo said that Martin was dressed “like a wannabe gangster.” Bill O’Reilly agreed with him. The sole evidence is that Martin was wearing a hoodie. Geraldo added that “everyone that ever stuck up a convenience store” was wearing a hoodie. [ThinkProgress; The Blaze]

4. Without any evidence, prominent right-wing bloggers suggested that Martin was a drug dealer. Right-wing blogger Dan Riehl advances the theory, also advanced in a widely linked peice on a site called Wagist. There does not appear to be any evidence to support this claim whatsoever. [Riehl World View]

5. Without any evidence, a right-wing columnist alleged that Martin assaulted a bus driver. Unlike Zimmerman, Trayvon has no documented history of violence. This allegation continues to be advanced by a blogger on the Examiner even after the real reason was leaked to the police and confirmed by the family. [Miami Herald; Examiner]

6. Zimmerman’s friend says Martin was to blame because he was disrespectful to Zimmerman. Zimmerman’s friend Joe Oliver said that Martin would not have been shot to death if Trayvon had just said “I’m staying with my parents.” Of course, Zimmerman was not a police officer, and Trayvon had no duty to tell him who he was or where he was going. [NBC News]
where are you getting this - afraid to give us the link?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Self defense my left, uh, toe! Self defense is not killing an unarmed person with a firearm. Well, maybe in Florida.

It is not self defense to kill an unarmed person with a firearm.
Yes, it is, and not only in Florida.

If Martin was pounding Zimmerman's skull on the tarmac, then Zimmerman had the right to lawful self defence including the use of lethal force.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Bru San, I object to a known killer walking just cause daddy is a mayor.

Got it.

Whether the pd is afraid of Da Da or racist, in some respects, I cannot stomach them even more than Zimmerman, and would love to see police officers end up in jail over this conspiracy.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
What a lovely thread.

Lots of people defending the black kid getting shot because he was probably a gangster or a mad seed. Zimmerman becomes the victim.

Just lovely. And you guys say there's no racism in this country.

The problem is that this would have been quietly swept under the rug has it not picked up national attention. THAT is the problem. THAT is the racist element, because you can be damned sure that Treyvon would have been fast-tracked to trial had he shot Zimmerman. And there would have been threads here celebrating the thug being put away.

Jesus, people. Be racist all you want, but at least be discreet about it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
What a lovely thread.

Lots of people defending the black kid getting shot because he was probably a gangster or a mad seed. Zimmerman becomes the victim.

The problem is that this would have been quietly swept under the rug has it not picked up national attention. THAT is the problem. THAT is the racist element, because you can be damned sure that Treyvon would have been fast-tracked to trial had he shot Zimmerman. And there would have been threads here celebrating the thug being put away.

I'm going with the facts as they are reported. The family and their lawyers are the ones who created the narrative that their son was a good boy. Obviously he was troubled to a degree. Three suspensions within a year would suggest that.

I'm Black and think Zimmerman acted in self-defense in accordance with the law. I don't think Trayvon should have been killed though.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM

210 posts, read 251,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
What a lovely thread.

Don't fool yourself into thinking this is simply about race, its about class too. Zimmermans father is a fatcat judge millionaire and personal friends with everyone powerful in sanford. He probably has dirt on half of them too. If Zimmermans dad worked at a convenience store he would have remanded bail and be spending some quality unsupervised time in a small dirty confined space with some large angry black men from the projects who stab and rape people for fun that don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

And that my fellow posters is the exact situation he deserves to find himself in, but hes not in that position because his daddy is rich and connected and he is a spoiled brat loser of a son who never did anything with his life but drink and drive, and murder a child.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Actually, thank God, racists tend to be dumb, and not discreet. That makes it much easier to detect them. The good news is, though it will be justice delayed, at least Zimmerman, the latest animal, will be caged at an early age, before he was able to hunt down more. It should have occured the night he murdered Martin, but at least with the uproar, there is no way out for him. I suspect he may need jail, for his safety. I'd love to see the police demand he come in for more questioning, which would allow Americas Most Wanted to cover him, and that would end his freedom, no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies