Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Bru San, A lengthy jail term for Zimmerman should do wonders in changing the mindset.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is, and not only in Florida.

If Martin was pounding Zimmerman's skull on the tarmac, then Zimmerman had the right to lawful self defence including lethal force.
Zimmerman did not go to the hospital to have his injuries treated until the next day. His injuries were apparently minor.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

Note this article also says his nose was bleeding, not that it was broken.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. And what was this HOA even thinking in allowing a watchman to have a gun? And yes they are liable..
You have no idea if they approved or allowed him to carry a gun. As a private citizen I can carry a gun on my private property, in my car, in my house and as a licensed gun owner I can take it with me almost every where.

One of the basics of law is the protection of self and your property. Steal my property and you may be shot.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You have low standards for being good.
Most American teenagers have pretty low standards for being good, then. Most teenage boys have been in a fist fight at least once in their lives, too. Most teenagers use profanity, and now (fortunately or unfortunately) a moment of a profane-laden outburst can be recorded indefinitely on Facebook and Twitter. I don't doubt that Trayvon did things he shouldn't have done as a teenage boy. Doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
At any rate the justification for the killing was Zimmerman being beaten. This is why he has not been charged. If he is not charged by the time the grand jury convenes that means the case is weak. The new prosecutor said as much today.
I'm all for letting a grand jury take a look at it -- that's basically what I've been asking for all along.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Yes I am enraged, and I am what I say I am. The minority of vocal and powerful racists and idiots that masquerade as being a part of my party and particularly the ones that are also my skin color and live in the same region as me like these morons down in Sanford REALLY hurt my cause, THEY are my sworn enemies, not democrats. You can thank Zimmerman and Sanford along with the racist bloggers for ensuring the current idiot in office gets re-elected.

Most of us white conservative southerners ARE NOT RACISTS OR MORONS THE MORONS AND RACISTS JUST MAKE THE MOST NOISE AND IT PISSES ME OFF. IVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!!!

This on top of an innocent child losing his life and a man who would have walked scott free IF NOT for the media because his daddy is a rich judge with political connections has got me livid.

I can't even begin to imagine how angry black people are right now. Because I'm not black and I AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE WITH RAGE. Topics like this and the fake pics and the "he should have died" or "another n***** dead" comments I'm seeing in the internet are the equivalent of pouring metric tons of gasoline on the Forest fire currently burning that is my anger.
Ok. So you're angry. Is it based in any fact whatsoever? "Daddy is a judge" is not a rational reason to be angry. The media might be a valid reason, but you've not elaborated on why. What exactly about the case has you angry?

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
What a lovely thread.

Lots of people defending the black kid getting shot because he was probably a gangster or a mad seed. Zimmerman becomes the victim.

Just lovely. And you guys say there's no racism in this country.

The problem is that this would have been quietly swept under the rug has it not picked up national attention. THAT is the problem. THAT is the racist element, because you can be damned sure that Treyvon would have been fast-tracked to trial had he shot Zimmerman. And there would have been threads here celebrating the thug being put away.

Jesus, people. Be racist all you want, but at least be discreet about it.
What are you doing about all the juveniles getting killed in Chicago? Guns are banned, now what's the excuse?
500 teens shot in Chicago war zone in a year - The Daily Voice - Black America's Daily News Source (http://thedailyvoice.com/voice/2009/08/500-teens-killed-002178.php - broken link)

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Zimmerman did not go to the hospital to have his injuries treated until the next day. His injuries were apparently minor.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel

Note this article also says his nose was bleeding, not that it was broken.
The severity of his injuries have nothing to do with it. If someone is pounding your head into the roadway it is a life threatening situation.

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble

Twitchy, a RW website, posted those pics. They simply searched Facebook and posted them without verifying it was actually his page. It was not.

They posted a correction.

Why #TeamDueProcess is important for justice; Correction and update: Twitchy issues apology for fake Trayvon Martin photo | Twitchy

Correction, 8:56 pm ET March 25, 2012: We made a mistake. The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family.
Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but the photo in your link is of a different individual. Do all African American males look the same to you?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. And what was this HOA even thinking in allowing a watchman to have a gun? And yes they are liable.

There was a woman who did a neigborhood watch in Venice, CA for 40 yrs, never had a gun. They worked with the police.
Allow? Is he their employee? You just can't stick to the facts can you?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but the photo in your link is of a different individual. Do all African American males look the same to you?
No, those 2 pictures are the same individual. All of those pictures were taken from the "Trayvon Martin" facebook page that did not belong to the Trayvon Martin that was shot.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Trayvon-Martin/100001791912868 (broken link)

That is the facebook page where people are pulling pictures - it is NOT the Trayvon that was killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies