Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
By law, he is.

But let's be honest. Both conservatives and liberals cross that line whenever it benefits them. Claiming Trayvon is an adult behooves conservatives in this situation as this law may be in jeopardy and far left persons could use this as a reason to tighten gun regulations.

Actualy , in many states a 17yr old who has finished high school is considered an adult.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
we do need some official words from the police dept soon. New leaks say Zimmerman said he started walking back and Martin came up from behind. And can someone, a leader stand up and try to calm the racial tensions? Obama could've done so but typical of him, he took a pass. A leader needs to tell the race hustlers to back off and shut up and everyone wait for the official report to come out.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Oh good lord BURGLARY TOOLS.

I am handy with tools. Friends and family often ask me to fix things for them. I carry a leatherman and screwdriver with multiple bits in my purse. I guess that makes me suspicious.

Now go look again at the reports on Trayvon, who wanted to be an engineer and liked to fix things. It seems to me that the very same people who would get their panties in a wad over a child getting suspended from school for carrying a boy scout knife are the first to assume that Trayvon MUST be a burgler if he is carrying a screwdriver.

Anyone remember this one?
OMG HE WAS SUSPENDED FROM SCHOOL HE MUST BE A CROOK.
New York Eagle Scout Suspended From School for 20 Days for Keeping Pocketknife in Car | Fox News

I'll call racism on this one. I don't normally pull the race card but I don't see another explanation.
He was suspended because he was found to have an empty baggie that the Principal felt "smelled like marijuana" had been in the bag. If he were a white kid, the worst that would have happened is that the Principal would have called his parents and told them that they should talk to their kid about drugs. That is the way things are done in the USA. I just saw last week on CNN that a bunch of white kids attacked their high school with spray paint and did thousands of dollars worth of damages to the school and surrounding neighborhoods. I think this was also in Florida or maybe Georgia and you know how many of them got even a day of suspension? ZERO!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
None of us know the whole story. Maybe he was looking in windows and acting suspicious.

Suspicious behavior warrants concern by your neighbor.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the one thing that i do think is being overlooked is that there was a minor crime wave in this community, and that the community had black, white, and latino residents, so blacks were likely being burgled also.

i am sure that everybody who lived there was tired of that.

according to other reports, the victim had some women's jewelry he couldn't account for when he was suspended from school previously.

of course, that is still no excuse for what amounts to a overzealous vigilante with a gun, probably hoping for his own citizen's arrest moment, and he probably saw himself (before the incident) as the future neighborhood "hero".
I posted several articles that said just that. A couple featured black residents who supported Zimmerman and were exasperated by the crime wave committed by young black males.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
we do need some official words from the police dept soon. New leaks say Zimmerman said he started walking back and Martin came up from behind. And can someone, a leader stand up and try to calm the racial tensions? Obama could've done so but typical of him, he took a pass. A leader needs to tell the race hustlers to back off and shut up and everyone wait for the official report to come out.
Al Sharpton has already done that. And I agree with you about Obama. He is a coward.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
looks like a pretty normal kids too me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyone57 View Post
Such a scary suspicious guy.
I'm sure Ted Bundy or Charles Manson looked like a normal teen also.

Can't judge the book by it's cover.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Not always, it depends on how much he smoked on a regular basis, if he was an occasional user, it is quite possible for him to test negetive, especially if he had very little body fat.
That depends on what kind of test they do. If it is bodily fluid, yes that is a short term test but if it is hair test, it goes back like a year.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 AM

690 posts, read 1,202,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Last I checked, Zimmerman was not a police officer. Or do you believe the police and everyday citizens should have equal powers?
That wasnt the basis of your OP. It was that one is a child one an adult and that's all there is to it.

So I see your changing your opinion. Keep changing it and you might get somewhere...

Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
An older man? Zimmerman is TWENTY EIGHT.

Here is a portrait of the man who killed a 17 year old kid. A kid HE followed and suspected because he was black and wore a goddamned hoodie.

George Zimmerman: Self-appointed watchman or racist killer? - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html - broken link)

You and many of the others are letting the media dictate your opinion. The media has one objective, and it's not the truth. Everyone is jumping on this "he shot a defenseless kid" bandwagon. Well it is becoming more clear as to what happened and it's looking like this Trayvon guy was anything but a defenseless innocent kid, and it's looking like Zimmerman didn't chase him down. You and some of the others may want to pull the reins because it very well could become clear that you are backing the wrong horse. I also think it's absurd we have another thread on this subject. I guess OP feels his opinion is more valid than anyone elses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies