Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That was no child and I am glad he's dead.
You can't be serious! I therefore, will not take your post serious.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
According to witnesses, Zimmerman was headed back to his vehicle when Martin attacked him. Pretty clear cut case of the law being in Zimmerman's favor. Martin made a very stupid mistake when he attacked Zimmerman.
According to the police report that was released last night too! All these crazies running their mouths are opportunists. They are NOT listening to facts and are totally ignoring them hoping that Zimmerman get's his due somehow. Zimmerman WAS placed in custody, brought to the PD and interrogated for a few hours. AFTER witnesses corroborated his story, they released him on self defense. It's that cut and dry folks! Trayvon attacked Zimmerman from behind when he was walking back to his car AFTER he was told to stand down.

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It makes absolutely no sense.
It seems less and less is making sense these days. I am starting to wonder about our water quality. It seems the whole country has lost touch with any semblance of civil order.

A child was shot. The shooter should've been arrested, questioned, and if the circumstances showed there was negligence or intention, held until a judge can decide. We have a legal, judicial, and correctional system in place to handle this and the media freaks are not serving their public by blowing it out of proportion.

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You must not know much about the law then. You can't just bash someone's head into the sidewalk, legally, just because someone has followed you, unless they in fact attacked you.
Indeed... it is a felonious assault, doesn't matter who started it. Once you get the upper hand in a fight you can't keep bashing the person as you will be the criminal now. Trayvon was slamming his head according to witnesses so Zimmerman fear for his life...

Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Nothing else really matters. Not the self-defense law. Not the races of those involved. What outrages me the most is the fact that Zimmerman was not automatically arrested for shooting a child and brought in for questioning.

Shouldn't a case where a child is shot to death be thoroughly investigated regardless? Why is it good enough for an adult to say, "He was trying to hurt me so I shot him" and that's that?

It makes absolutely no sense.
I am not defending Zimmerman and I doubt anyone would at this stage of the game, but Trayvon was not a child. He was 17, if this had been the other way around he would have been charged as an adult.

Again,let me make it very clear I am not defending what happened, I have my own ideas and I am guessing, eventually Zimmerman will be charged and probably even be found guilty of something like involuntery man slaughter.

Nita

Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That was no child and I am glad he's dead.
Why are you glad he is dead?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 AM

What kind of federal charges ? Hate crime? Didn't know minority on minority could be classified that way!?!?!?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
when i go walking i look at the houses that i walk by too and look at their yards and stuff. that's called BEING NORMAL. i've yet to meet a person that DOESN"T do that.

also nobody has the right to stalk someone just because they look 'suspicious' again.... WHAT ABOUT HIM MADE HIM LOOK SUSPICIOUS.

trying to get people to admit that it was his skin color, because they have yet to give any other valid reason.
You have a minority victim mentality. gz has a wannabe cop, strangers are suspicious mentality. He found a guy wandering around, he didn't recognize in a neighborhood hit by burglaries to be suspicious. Would most people call 911 ? Nope. Would non-biased people conclude the only valid reason gz had was skin color ? Nope.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
You and many of the others are letting the media dictate your opinion. The media has one objective, and it's not the truth. Everyone is jumping on this "he shot a defenseless kid" bandwagon. Well it is becoming more clear as to what happened and it's looking like this Trayvon guy was anything but a defenseless innocent kid, and it's looking like Zimmerman didn't chase him down. You and some of the others may want to pull the reins because it very well could become clear that you are backing the wrong horse. I also think it's absurd we have another thread on this subject. I guess OP feels his opinion is more valid than anyone elses.
Curious...how is it looking more and more like Trayvon isn't a defenseless kid? Did they discover a weapon on him?

Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Then why was he FOLLOWED? why is his body in a grave right now DEAD?

i'm trying to find out why zimmerman thought he looked suspicious?
Last time I checked it is perfectly legal to follow or walk behind someone on private property.

Last time I checked people had the right to walk around wherever they pleased without being assaulted.

Just because someone followed someone or asked questions, doesn't give the other party a right to pummel them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies