Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,316,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I guess we can all walk around assaulting people now....
Well, we know for sure that we can kill them with impunity...

Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,408,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Zimmerman only stated that he followed him . Never any statement about identifying himself?
What does that matter? That gives someone a license to attack? In the ghettos I know that's the code, but in the real world that is called a crime.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Some of you are guilty of jumping to the conclusion that this kid must have done something wrong or Zimmerman wouldn't follow him, and that he must have attacked Zimmerman to justify the shooting. I think we have enough completely gun crazy racist nuts in this country that I'm not giving him that benefit of the doubt.

So if a 911 dispatcher tells you to stop following someone you should ignore them until you hear from a "real" cop? Seriously? Zimmerman--who has a violent record--says he quit following at that point, but he was the one who shot the gun and who could go on trial for murder. Do you expect him to tell the truth? If everyone who committed crimes told the truth, that would pretty much eliminate the need for trials, wouldn't it? The police did a disgraceful job with this investigation--investigative journalists have basically had to do their job for them--and that's why it's been kicked up the ladder to the state's attorney's office. We'll find out soon enough what actually happened, no thanks to that local police department.
Agreed. The dispatchers are trained to deal with these situations.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,176,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Where are your witnesses to say what you are ALLEGING is true?
That is the whole deal in a Nutshell. At this point in time everything is ALLEGED because the investigation is not over and the police reports are just that"police reports" They have not yet been verified.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,820,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Every report states that he was 6'2 140. Just because you don't want to believe that, doesn't make it so.
He would be a skeleton. That has to be a misprint. Virtually impossible for someone 6'2" to weigh 140 lbs.

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, that MUST be it.

I guess when the FACTS don't align with the Left's belief, using the race card is the only recourse.

New details deepen Trayvon Martin controversy - CBS News

The family is very upset the media attention has turned toward the kid's record. I guess pointing out that he was NOT the innocent, exemplary kid they claim messes up the media meme.
Uh, I think you are the one who pulled the race card with this "very articulate black man".

Trayvon Martin did not have a juvenile record.

1,615 posts, read 2,568,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
He doesn't have to be a cop to determine if someone looks suspicious or not lol. As a matter of fact, cops prefer that you do call them if you suspect a crime has been committed or is about to be commited. In NYC they have a saying on billboards and posters all over the place that "if you see something, say something." It's a common a slogan. So yes, Zimmerman had every right and then some to call the police if he suspected something. His actions from there on in are questionable.

But that's besides the point, everyone is avoiding the fact that in the 911 report Zimmerman reported that the neighborhood had a rash of break ins and a kid was looking at houses suspiciously as a reason for his call in the first place. Now he may have been wrong, but I would hope that my neighbors would call the cops if they saw someone who appeared to be "on drugs" and scouting out houses.
um, how did he 'appear to be on drugs?' he just went to the store to buy candy. and he also FOLLOWED and STALKED him, as a matter of fact his girlfriend told him to run away, because he was wondering why this strange man was following him.

16,545 posts, read 13,408,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That is the whole deal in a Nutshell. At this point in time everything is ALLEGED because the investigation is not over and the police reports are just that"police reports" They have not yet been verified.
Witnesses verified the accounts. What do you want to ignore next?

8,652 posts, read 17,194,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It's not self-defense when no actual attack has been made.
Good luck convincing them of that......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

4,520 posts, read 4,195,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Hi....

If you are assaulting someone ... IE beating them about the head when they are on their backs and they fear for their lives, then you can use lethal force to defend yourself in Florida.

How much clearer can it get?

I'm not disputing the possibility of a self-defense claim. Only the so-called eye witness statements. Learn the difference.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies