Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,924,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
1)lets make three seperate threads because one isn't enough.
2)you werent there, what do you know besides what you read online?
3)children play with dolls and sell lemonade on the side of the road, they aren't 6 foot 2
So height supersedes age when it comes to someone being a child? That's pretty stupid thinking. So if an 8 year girl is fully developed and 6' 2" then an adult can have sex with them since.......you said 6'2" means they are not children?

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My only problem with your stance is that, outside of Zimmerman and Trayvon, we don't know how the fight started. If Trayvon started the fight, then I agree that he is culpable in what transpired. However, if Zimmerman started the fight, Trayvon was within his rights to defend himself.

Since we don't know which way this went, how is it possible to assign blame to Trayvon? Why not just withhold blame entirely?
This. We simply don't know the facts of what transpired. Which is why a grand jury is to meet shortly, to review the evidence and see if there is sufficient cause to bring Zimmerman to trial.

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I'd be suspicious if a strange kid was outside my house that late. The left wants everybody to lock their doors, hide, and pray the bad man goes away.
It doesn't work like that. Its ok to be sispicious, especially with all the stuff going on these days.
I'd be extra suspicious if I saw a black kid on my block, no blacks near my neighbohood for whatever reason(property taxes maybe) but every break in we've had the last few years have been black kids.
It is what it is and that's how I've been conditioned.
If you think I'm going to risk my family's safety just to be nice you're stupid.
I'd expect to be treated the same way if I was caught in their hood, but I know I'd act civil when confronted.
Trayvon was visiting his father. He was not a stranger to that neighborhood, even if he didn't live there. Isn't his father black?

Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, because a doctor who has never actually SEEN a patient and/or their condition is credible. Perhaps, she can tell me about this mole I have growing?
Yes. You should have it checked out.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,367,460 times
This quote from the CBS article speaks volumes:

Quote:
Sanford police have confirmed that investigators believe Martin decked Zimmerman with a single punch and bashed his head against the sidewalk. Zimmerman then fired his nine millimeter.
Why are the police leaking information and confirming stories that corroborate Zimmerman? Aren't they supposed to be neutral? Or are they trying to justify their lack of performing due deligence on the evening of the killing?

4,520 posts, read 4,202,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
There doesn't need to be a medical report, and it doesn't make an iota of difference whether Zimmerman was profiling Martin. There is an eyewitness who saw Zimmerman on his back in the grass screaming for help while Martin was on top of him administering a beating. Self defense - end of story.
That's the problem with jumping on a bandwagon while the wheels are still spinning, you don't know where it's headed and it might even collide with the truth.
Oh the irony of your post.

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Well did the EMS examine him on the scene? If so there would be a record of his "injuries". Apparently they were not that bad. I don't dispute he probably got socked in the nose. If I had a strange guy following me at night and asking me what I am doing here, I'd sock him too.
I guess if this ever goes to trial, they will have to produce photos (if they exist) of the aftermath of Zimmerman getting his nose busted. His face should have looked swollen and discolored right up to the eyeballs. Ever see someone after a nose job? I have...quite an ugly sight.

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do hospitals usually release records of private citizens to the public?.
No, however, Zimmerman could release them or at least a report.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Nothing else really matters. Not the self-defense law. Not the races of those involved. What outrages me the most is the fact that Zimmerman was not automatically arrested for shooting a child and brought in for questioning.

Shouldn't a case where a child is shot to death be thoroughly investigated regardless? Why is it good enough for an adult to say, "He was trying to hurt me so I shot him" and that's that?

It makes absolutely no sense.
Well, then the "children" in my area are doing most of the killing and street robberies.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Does it matter to the case?
May be he was the neighborhood burglar?

I mean, I don't think you made a point against Trayvon's issues at school, did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.