Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
This. We simply don't know the facts of what transpired. Which is why a grand jury is to meet shortly, to review the evidence and see if there is sufficient cause to bring Zimmerman to trial.
Honestly, I think that the Sanford PD screwed the pooch so much that Zimmerman will not be charged. There is just not much evidence and the SYG law makes it even more impossible to build a case. Trayvon is dead, so he can't contradict Zimmerman's statement about how the fight started.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes. You should have it checked out.
By who? A real-life doctor? If so, you've proved the point I was making.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Honestly, I think that the Sanford PD screwed the pooch so much that Zimmerman will not be charged. There is just not much evidence and the SYG law makes it even more impossible to build a case. Trayvon is dead, so he can't contradict Zimmerman's statement about how the fight started.
IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW THE FIGHT STARTED

BOTTOM LINE

EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T START THE FIGHT, YOU CANNOT POUND SOMEONES HEAD INTO PAVEMENT AND COMMIT FELONY ASSAULT....

They have the right to self defense in that situation....

Old 03-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Okay, you guys type too fast for me to read through this thread, it just keeps getting more and more pages! So I stopped @10.

I want to touch on the very first post and that no one has made a comment to it.

Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton....of course those two media hungry, racists would latch onto a story like this! That is all those two are good for....flaming the fires of racism. They don't want peace between blacks and whites, they want as much discord as they can rabble rouse at any chance they get. I see Al Sharpton looks pretty poorly...good. Hope his racist a$$ goes in the ground soon. Take Jessie with you, Al. You best believe there would be no media circus or people marching around with signs if it'd been a white kid Zimmerman had blown away. It certainly would not be national news.

I don't think this Florida law is so hot. It does give people the "right" to blow anyone away and that is not good with the average person.
So your contribution is anticipating a man's death? Thanks for your valued comment.

1,197 posts, read 2,278,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know black people who do not want to live in an all black neighborhood because of crime and break ins.. they are afraid of their own...It has been like that for decades.. there is plenty of black on black killings and getting worse.

One black guy says he won't go out at night because of the gun shots her hears. Can anyone realize the blacks should clean up their act and stop shooting each other and acting like thugs breaking in to peoples homes?

I am sure there are plenty of good blacks who don't want to live in the neighborhoods with the thugs.It is the thugs that make it bad on all blacks.

Can anyone be adult enough to see that.. if black people want respect , they better lean on their own who act like thugs making it hell for the black decent person who is not a thug.

You know there is truth in that.
All of this is true. And none of it has ANYTHING to do with this case.

1,743 posts, read 2,159,389 times
Who goes out at 2am to buy skittles? I think that alone is pretty suspicious.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence. From the time Zimmerman says "He [Martin] is running" to the 911 operator and exits the truck, the call continues for another 2 minutes. There is an additional minute between the end of the 911 call and the beginning of the confrontation.

During those 3 minutes, a person at a normal walk would move 800 feet. At a brisk walk (5 mph), they would move 1300 feet. Since the confrontation occurred maybe 100 feet from Zimmerman's truck, it's clear that Martin didn't even continue walking away at a slow pace. He either hid nearby or doubled back to confront Zimmerman. But in either case, his GF's affidavit is proven false.

But the location DOES closely match Zimmerman's statement to the police. You can hear him exit the truck and either wind or breathing starting at 2:15 of the 911 call. We can presume he is following Martin (who has a head start) at a brisk pace. After the 911 guy says he they don't need him to follow, you can hear the wind or breathing stop at 2:40. 20-25 seconds at a 8 mph trot moves him 250-300 feet. Returning at a slow walk after the exertion for 1 minute at 2 mph after the 911 call ends puts Zimmerman 70-120 feet from the truck - pretty much where the fight happened.

Zimmerman's police statement is supported by the physical evidence as to location. Martin's GF's is discredited.

Simple math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Please admit then.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf (broken link)
Admit what?

3,052 posts, read 4,304,636 times
I'll reiterate what I said on another forum here.

Quote:
The point is, you can't follow someone with a gun, and then claim self defense.

Like the author of the Florida law said, Zimmerman lost his case the moment he said, "I'm following him."

Facts that we know for sure 1. Zimmerman was armed 2. Zimmerman was pursuing Martin. 3. Martin is now dead.

We don't need to know more than that to have Zimmerman behind bars at this very second.

In a civilized society, you cannot follow someone armed, claim you feel threatened and shoot them. Self defense laws were created to protect people in imminent danger from aggressors. Just the fact that you're following someone rules out imminent danger, and makes you the aggressor.

This is the bottom line.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'll reiterate what I said on another forum here.

WRONG again.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies