Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times

Advertisements

A conspiracy theorist needs no reason for the conspiracy, it just needs to be to give themselves motivation and purpose.

It's a sad life really, I pity them.

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Like I said, the fact that Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman isn't the national case.

The national case is a. he wasn't immediately arrested b. the fact that Zimmerman has a whole horde of defenders coming out of the woodwork with bizarre and absurd rationalizations for his behavior.

A and B indicate the fact this nation has a serious race issue.

The shooting in and of itself, not so much.
There also seem to be hordes of people ready to convict him in the court of public opinion. That speaks volumes as well, no?

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You bring up an interesting point.

Was Zimmerman's safety on prior to approaching Trayvon?
Did he take the safety off as he followed Trayvon?

Most folks that I know who carry have their weapons on safety to prevent an accidental shooting.
Really grasping here .... here let me educate you yet again

The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is one of the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety. The PF-9 is available in blued, parkerized, and hard chrome finishes. Grips are in black, grey, and olive drab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDoUu8lDGU

Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
the guard was intimidated
by Trayvon i guess. you
know how people fear
blacks for no reason.

smh..

Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Default Extreme media bias in Zimmerman-Martin story (shocking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Prove it. Some creepy wannabe cop, against the orders of 911, follows a child coming back from 7/11 while on the phone with his mother. The guy shoots the unarmed minor to death and you're pissed off at what? The media for covering the case?

Do you know how many kids go to 7/11 in this country? Should they stay at home now? The only one making this racial in this thread is you. A child of ANY race shot to death for going to the store to get a candy bar and a soda is news anywhere.

You might want to look in the mirror here. If the kid is white, what do you think the odds are that you'd be thinking that the perpetrator should be going to a jury of his peers.
noexcuseforignorance,

You seem to have an excuse. You need to re-read the news and get the story right. If this would have been a story about one Black kid attacking another Black kid there would be no story, because that happens every day of the week. But the news media tried to make a Latrino in the story white, so the story could read a White Man against a Black Teen. The headline should have read 'Black Teen attacks Latino and was shot'. That is what actually happened according to eye witnesses.

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I know black people who do not want to live in an all black neighborhood because of crime and break ins.. they are afraid of their own...It has been like that for decades.. there is plenty of black on black killings and getting worse.

One black guy says he won't go out at night because of the gun shots her hears. Can anyone realize the blacks should clean up their act and stop shooting each other and acting like thugs breaking in to peoples homes?

I am sure there are plenty of good blacks who don't want to live in the neighborhoods with the thugs.It is the thugs that make it bad on all blacks.

Can anyone be adult enough to see that.. if black people want respect , they better lean on their own who act like thugs making it hell for the black decent person who is not a thug.

You know there is truth in that.
Why paint all Blacks with a broad brush? Your post is disgusting!

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I'd be suspicious if a strange kid was outside my house that late. The left wants everybody to lock their doors, hide, and pray the bad man goes away.
It doesn't work like that. Its ok to be sispicious, especially with all the stuff going on these days.
I'd be extra suspicious if I saw a black kid on my block, no blacks near my neighbohood for whatever reason(property taxes maybe) but every break in we've had the last few years have been black kids.
It is what it is and that's how I've been conditioned.
If you think I'm going to risk my family's safety just to be nice you're stupid.
I'd expect to be treated the same way if I was caught in their hood, but I know I'd act civil when confronted.
7PM is late to you?

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
He was told to stop by a dispatcher, which isn't an order..
Just the fact you think it's ok for an armed person to pursue someone just because they look suspicious and engage them in a confrontation where the pursuee ends up dead assures me you aren't wrapped too tight.

There's no SELF DEFENSE WHEN YOU'RE PURSUING SOMEONE. You're the aggressor! Plain and simple.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
We've already established that a. you can have a concealed weapon in Fl and b. you can legally follow anyone.

But when a and b is true, and you're told by authorities to stop following the person and the pursued ends up dead, you cannot claim self-defense.

Really doesn't get any clearer than that.
A Dispatcher is an "authority?"

Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
I hope I'm not neighbors with any of you crazed lunatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies