Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:52 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yep. This picture shows he should have been killed for walking.
I can't believe they executed him based on this photo.
http://www.cruisenigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/john-wayne-gacy1.jpg (broken link)

If we are going to start using baby photos in one case and mug shots in another, I don't care how this case goes. We have bigger problems.

http://www.smithbowen.net/linfame/hillary-snarling.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Ten bucks says the media doesnt call the Obama Admin for flat out lies in trying to say Republicans are the ones politicizing and not waiting for investigation to finish.
Unreal

Obama Campaign: Republicans Are "Politicizing" Trayvon Martin's Death | RealClearPolitics

Unreal. Only with biased and corrupt media such as ours, does an Admin get away with such a statement of 100 percent falsehood. Shame on people who support this Admin. They continue to show how full of it they are.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its truley pathetic how these posters want to excuse this young man's death by attempting to label him a thug and now the parents failed to parent. Its everyone's fault except for the person that pulled the trigger.

I think people are just trying to show the "bad " side of Trayvon due to the media's attempt to show him as this sweet innocent angel and Zimmerman as this monster. T his could very well be the real image, or it can be the other way around, but the media is being WAY to bias and not up front. People want to even the playing field a bit by swapping roles that the media depicts. Media is obviously picking and choosing their pictures to create more of an outrage and get ratings.

Realistically though, it doesn't seem like Trayvon is a thug or anything much more than what most teenagers have been. The empty baggy arguement should be dropped, the old picture of Trayvon should be dropped, and his meager suspension should be dropped, and Zimmerman should also have a normal picture so that no one is coming to conclusions based on image, which obviously sways people one way or another.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Good parents across the nation can certainly vouch for this.
Find more than just a few who can vouch for this, and I'll believe you. What I know to be true, on the other hand, is that many parents realize that they can do all the proper upbringing necessary, but that doesn't stop even the best behaved children from being curious about the world and succumbing to peer pressure from friends.

If you're one of those perfect angels who never even thought about touching marijuana, then good for you. Just know that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ten bucks says the media doesnt call the Obama Admin for flat out lies in trying to say Republicans are the ones politicizing and not waiting for investigation to finish.
Unreal

Obama Campaign: Republicans Are "Politicizing" Trayvon Martin's Death | RealClearPolitics

Unreal. Only with biased and corrupt media such as ours, does an Admin get away with such a statement of 100 percent falsehood. Shame on people who support this Admin. They continue to show how full of it they are.
Spike Lee, Jessie Jackson, and Al Sharpton have all become Republicans? Dang, Obama really is losing his base, isn't he?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I haven't seen anything about TM wanting to be an engineer. All i've read was that he wanted to be an aviation mechanic and/or a pilot. I would ask you to point me to your sources, but it really doesn't matter.

His parents failed to some extent. Getting suspsended from school multiple times....at least once for suspicion of drug activity..... is not the sign of good parenting. Good parents across the nation can certainly vouch for this.
I hate to get personal with you, Aero, but do you have kids? If so, how old are they? I said earlier I wouldn't rat my kids out here on the WWW, but jeez Louise! The suspension was not for drug activity; it was for having a baggie with marijuana residue in it. Anything else anyone says about this is speculative. And good grief! Marijuana? H***, it's legal here with a card, which anyone can get. I have acquaintances who have marijuana cards.

Good parents across the nation generally say "there but for the grace of God go I". That's what many of my friends and I said about the darling of the RW, Sarah Palin when her daughter turned up pregnant. At least those friends with daughters.

See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Find more than just a few who can vouch for this, and I'll believe you. What I know to be true, on the other hand, is that many parents realize that they can do all the proper upbringing necessary, but that doesn't stop even the best behaved children from being curious about the world and succumbing to peer pressure from friends.

If you're one of those perfect angels who never even thought about touching marijuana, then good for you. Just know that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Glad to know you are clairvoyant, can tell us exactly what happened when the only ones who really know are Zimmerman and Martin, and Martin is dead.

I guess, in your mind, eye witnesses mean nothing? How about the 911 call as well? How about the physical evidence? You have simply made up your mind and have the luxury, in that case, of simply ignoring the facts.

It does not take being "clairvoyant" to understand what happened- it just takes an evaluation of the facts and common sense.

A thug died doing what thugs do. Take home message- don't commit crimes and perhaps you will not suffer consequences.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Manipulating this Treyvon Tragedy can serve the libs well, and they know it. Just on cue, their black leaders are making fools of themselves as they incite the liberal and black youth with their nutty rhetoric.

I saw a report days ago that said there is liberal apathy for the next election. Instead of being afraid of losing Obama and showing signs they'll get in the streets to get him re-elected apparently middle America of their party is showing signs of doing the opposite, so!

Milking, prostituting an event like this is the liberal agenda of "never waste a good emergency." I think it was Rahm-baby that said that.

Get the emotions ramped-up over something and a racist issue will serve them very well with the first, Black president being up for re-election.

Milk it...keep it front and center unless or until the coming months bring them another emergency or issue that's this volatile.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Unarmed person doesn't know that you're armed, has you on the ground beating you and you don't believe they're going to stop. Before you go unconscious, you pull your weapon. They try to take your weapon once they see it, and you fire. Are you stupid enough to believe that just because a person is unarmed that they can't still kill you or disable you for life?

Thank you for injecting some common sense into this. People are conveniently leaving out Zimmerman's story of being punched, knocked to the ground, pinned down and having his head slammed against the ground repeatedly.

I'm not saying it's true, but if it did in fact thappen the way that he says it did--skittles or no skittles, he was justified in using lethal force. Period.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess, in your mind, eye witnesses mean nothing? How about the 911 call as well? How about the physical evidence? You have simply made up your mind and have the luxury, in that case, of simply ignoring the facts.

It does not take being "clairvoyant" to understand what happened- it just takes an evaluation of the facts and common sense.

A thug died doing what thugs do. Take home message- don't commit crimes and perhaps you will not suffer consequences.
What eyewitness account? There seem to be some conflicting "eyewitness" accounts, that came to light, what, a month after the shooting. You can forget a lot in a month. What physical evidence? From what I read, Zimmerman was straddling the dead Martin, and did not have injuries serious enough to seek medical care. There ya go, he killed him in cold blood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies