Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times

Advertisements

Not looking good for the Police and Zimmerman but more specifically the police. Video shows no blood, no visible injuries. If they have an explanation they damn well better come out with it now because this does not bold well for the police reports or Zimmermans story.

New Police Video Shows George Zimmerman Unscathed On Night Of Trayvon Martin Shooting | Mediaite

I dont want violence and I didnt want a rush to judgement but this has to be explained whether or not they are still doing a grand jury or investigating. Things are going to get very ugly in the streets if they do not say something.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
I would convict Zimmerman simply on the fact that he was told not to follow the kid by the 911 operator...that he was stalking him like prey.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And if Zimmerman were black, it wouldn't have even made the news. The media, nor the outraged people on this forum would give a s#%t. Racial tension and division sells, violence in itself does not. It's sickening.
Not true. If Trayvon had been white and Zimmerman had been let go due to "self defense," all hell would have still broken loose, only it would have been immediately, not 3 weeks later.

However, we both know if Trayvon had been white, the Sanford PD would have conducted a far more thorough initial investigation and there would have been no need for outrage.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
That police video of Zimmerman being brought in is damning if anything ever were.

Severely beaten, gashes on his head? This guy doesn't even look like he was engaged in a fight.

Wow...would love to hear what Zimmerman defenders say now.

From the lack of blood on his shirt, it doesn't appear that he shot Trayvon at close range.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Another thing:

Zimmerman doesn't look fat and/or overweight at all. So much for the theory that he couldn't run down an athletic 17 year old.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I couldn't see much with ABC's big exclusive stamp covering his head. I don't see any blood but there seems to be some sort of irregularity on the back of his head. Maybe it's a bald spot.

Also maybe I'm missing something but if he received medical attention why would he be bleeding? Seems to me the media is once again framing the story. They are not the determinants of what can be seen or not be seen in the video.

At any rate the burden of proof is for the state to prove Zimmerman committed manslaughter and bring charges. They have not so they must not have enough evidence.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM

378 posts, read 704,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Not looking good for the Police and Zimmerman but more specifically the police. Video shows no blood, no visible injuries. If they have an explanation they damn well better come out with it now because this does not bold well for the police reports or Zimmermans story.

New Police Video Shows George Zimmerman Unscathed On Night Of Trayvon Martin Shooting | Mediaite

I dont want violence and I didnt want a rush to judgement but this has to be explained whether or not they are still doing a grand jury or investigating. Things are going to get very ugly in the streets if they do not say something.
Hmm, no blood anywhere. You'd think even if he was cleaned up there'd be some residue on him...and, I don't know, a wound.

Also neither does he look as 'out of shape' portrayed. He looks like someone who would be able to run after a physically fit 17 year old.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
That police video of Zimmerman being brought in is damning if anything ever were.

Severely beaten, gashes on his head? This guy doesn't even look like he was engaged in a fight.

Wow...would love to hear what Zimmerman defenders say now.

From the lack of blood on his shirt, it doesn't appear that he shot Trayvon at close range.
Just to be clear, it wasnt about defending anyone accept giving him the right to an investigation and possible grand jury or trial.

If there is no plausible explanation for what we dont see in this video, we have far bigger problems than Zimmerman's story. We would have a majorly corrupt police department which damages this entire country and could very well result in violence in the streets. This could get extremely ugly.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I would convict Zimmerman simply on the fact that he was told not to follow the kid by the 911 operator...that he was stalking him like prey.
Well then you would not be following the law. A dispatcher's instructions is not enforceable, it doesn't trump the Constitution. I can follow anyone I choose as long as it's not deemed stalking.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

If there were any injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head they aren't clearly visibile in that video. If someone was slamming your head down on the pavement, (multiple times as Zimmerman claimed Martin did) there'd be something to show for it--although you'd be going to the hospital to get looked at as well. There's a point in the video where you can clearly see the back of Zimmerman's head. Nose looks fine too... Broken nose, my arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies