Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,574,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
It could be manslaughter or it could be 2nd degree homocide. I could see it going either way. In Florida it doesn't matter as both carry up to 30 years and I suspect if Zimmerman is convicted he will end up with at least 1/2 that because of all the anger and public outcry about this. I think he knows he is going to probably be indicted and possibly charged with a Federal hate crime as well when they figure out if he said "goon" or "coon" on that 911 tape. That is why he has that stupid rent-a-negro out there on TV crusading for him until he credibility was shot to hell today by Lawrence O'Donnell.
Joe Oliver
Thanks for posting that link. Mr. Oliver should know his "gut feeling" won't work in court. And O'Donnel really got him about the goon being a term of endearment when he said Zimmerman said "f_uckin" before it. And if you think about it, why would Zimmerman use a term of endearment word but before hand he said "they always get away"?

5,524 posts, read 9,922,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Exactly. Since he's at the police station, this video was taken AFTER the incident, AFTER he'd been looked at by the EMTs, AFTER he'd been cleaned up.
A "laceration" requires some kind of bandage and if he was pummeled like people say then he would have at least had a band aid and an ice pack.

20,187 posts, read 23,798,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Yeah...you have a comprehension issue. I know what a conspiracy is and I CLEARLY stated that I don't think there was a premeditated conspiracy to murder Trayvon. What part of that don't you understand? Was there one after he was murdered, looks that way to me. I don't have to change my name and your suits you very well by the way. Not sure why a video of Zimmerman with NO BRUISES OR BLOOD is getting your panties in a wad. Zimmerman and the Sanford PD have nothing but words...Again, we'll see what happens. I never said anything about what Trayvon was thinking...if you think I did, quote it. You really need to work on that comprehension issue.
People making stupid and baseless claims gets my attention... you need to read your own post if you don't know what you said... Would you stop talking about premeditated conspiracy... we are talking about "conspiracy" per se period... you can dance the stupid dance but it just makes you look.... well, not bright... lying to cover up someone's crime is a conspiracy regardless of whether is was premeditated or not... it is really that simple... if you can't figure that out... there isn't anything the forum can do to educate you...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,374,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
How is it not relevant? On the scene the cop said he was bleeding from the nose and had lacerations on the back of his head. There is no way there are an semblance of lacerations on his head in that video.

Why is it relevant? There is no proof other than WRITTEN testimony about the "damage" done to Zimmerman (from his own mouth) when he was being "pummeled", "beaten to a pulp", "attacked from behind" etc. This video shows a man with ZERO injuries on the back of his head which could only occur if he on his back.

I think this video came from the Drug Cop who thought he was full of crap but was pushed aside once Homicide showed up.

This is the only non written evidence we have seen so far. Photographic evidence is always taken at the scene of any death in any jurisdiction any area of the country. I am not a criminal law pro or a cop but show me somewhere it's not done (Sanford, FL only matters now really) but show me a police jurisdiction where photos are not taken after a shooting.

This is admissible. This is much more damaging that text and typing and this is going to spark outrage.
You do realize this is a police surveillance video I would think they knew about this is existence of this tape for awhile. As well as the DA.

I'm more interesting in their response to this video because it is on the surface appear contradictory to the police report. However Zimmerman has a red jacket on which confirms a witness account. I think Zimmerman was beat but whether it was severe enough to warrant lethal force is the question.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,928,377 times
EdwardA, Their responses so far have displayed a rather stupid, inarticulate pd. I have yet to see a press conference handled by them in a professional manner. Matter of fact, I have seen chiefs of towns of 1,000 handle press conferences with more professionalism.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,229,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do we know at what point in the process this is? Had been cleaned up?
Have you SEEN the video?

I'm watching it right now for the first time and there is NOTHING on him that shows any evidence of the injuries he (and the police) have claimed.

His head is shaved and there are no bandages, no obvious cuts, and you can see the back of his neck and there is no evidence of blood. Head injuries bleed A LOT and if he had been beat as bad as claimed, I'm sure there would be evidence of a blood trail down the back of his neck - unless they let him go home and shower and change clothes before being handcuffed and brought in for questioning.

He has NOT been beat up. Even if this video took place several hours after the incident, it doesn't matter. In fact, if it had taken place some time afterwards, bruises and swellings would probably be even more evident.

There is going to a lot of scrutiny of this video, that's for sure.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,524,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
You obviously have no experience with guns. Most people that carry concealed, do so in a holster, which guards the trigger. As long as the trigger isn't depressed, the gun will not fire, regardless of whether the safety is on or not. As a matter of fact, many semiautomatic handguns and most revolvers have no safety at all. Also, unless it is a 1911, you don't have to c o c k it. Simply pull, aim, and squeeze. Easily done with one hand.

Maybe he is hiding because he has received numerous death threats and has a price on his head.

USATODAY.com - Officials: Missing N.J. boys suffocated, no foul play
This one came to my mind immediately, since I lived close to where these boys lived and was familiar with the area where the tragedy occurred. God bless their souls.

He was not TOLD to not follow. After he said that he was following, the dispatcher said "you don't NEED to do that". One is a command, the other one is a suggestion.

Uhm...that occured in 2005. I stand by my statement. The media give more attention to the disappearance of White women and children than that of minorities, which is similar to others complaint that the media give more attention to white on black crime. You can't please everyone.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,922,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You do realize this is a police surveillance video I would think they knew about this is existence of this tape for awhile. As well as the DA.

I'm more interesting in their response to this video.
It's Police surveillance? Really? I thought it was AFV.

Just because it's police surveillance doesn't mean everyone knows about it. Hidden cameras aren't always meant for those on the outside but to catch those on the inside doing dirty. If you know a camera is watching the cash register you aren't going to steal from it right?

20,187 posts, read 23,798,019 times
Quote:
The other guy is dead genius and video destroys words. I can tell C-D I was with your mother last night but if you have video of her playing dominoes with the neighbors my words are destroyed. Right?
What does the video show other than Zimmerman being present? Is it of good enough resolution to see everything? The answer is simple... NO... do you know if Zimmerman was attended to and cleaned or if he cleaned himself before the video? The answer is again amazingly simple... NO.... Does a fight have to show obvious injuries? The answer for the third time is obviously... NO... Now you talk about my mom, how classy of you liberals... shows you what load of BS that the world has to put up with... Can't win an argument, then talk BS...

18,630 posts, read 19,374,283 times
Quote:
A "laceration" requires some kind of bandage and if he was pummeled like people say then he would have at least had a band aid and an ice pack.
I personally don't wear band aids. I get blood drawn every other month and every month the phlebotomist puts on a bandage and within a second of leaving the office I take it off and throw it in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies