Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This is as much hooey as your claims about Betadine wearing to a "pale yellow" within an hour or two. Deep lacerations of the head would have resulted in stitches, and that would have been evident even in this video.
For lesser injuries, butterfly bandages are preferred. Zimmerman's father gave an interview saying that George had had the back of his head beaten against concrete. He doesn't even have a "strawberry," much less
stitches, butterfly strips or a bandage if that was the case. There is no
rhetoric involved in video; you see the people just as they are. Zimmerman had no broken nose, no wounds on the back of his head, no
blood-splattered clothing. That dead child lay in the morgue for three days as a John Doe even though the police listed his name and DOB on the police report. Is there no shame?
You can see stitches in the video? You know anyone who says that is full of BS... how long are the lacerations? 1 cm? half a cm? How deep was the laceration? 2 mm? 3? I have been around betadine longer than you, so take your hooey and take a walk... bandages will be up to the patient and EMT? (If there was an EMT) So your insistence of an EMT is really just that, facts not yet entered into evidence... Do I see a broken nose on Zimmerman in the video? No... but what is considered a broken nose? That is a terminology the police used, I am not sure what they are referring to.. a nose that is bleeding? A nose that is smashed? Do you know? You seem to because you are alleging that all "broken noses" look alike and treatment that you assumed to have happened.. does that make you more legitimate or someone who questions your legitimacy? All I said, is that the video doesn't support your conclusions... Again you bring your expectation of evidence, not really what happened, then assume to know what happen and be willing to ram charges onto a person when in fact, you don't know and you don't have any evidence to the contrary... I don't know the circumstance of the kid's situation in the morgue... shame for what? That a kid is dead? Of course, a loss of life is always a shame... or are you talking circumstances which nobody here really knows anything about and making conclusions on it?

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Zimmerman was the Neighborhood Watch and as part of the duty is to confront strangers within the community... the facts are the PD dispatch can say whatever they want, the reason they say what they say is because of liability... if you are chasing a KNOWN fugitive, you know what they say?
The Neighborhood Watch is not to confront strangers but to call the police with suspicious activity.

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Recent pics of Trayvon before his death. Still looks very innocent looking to me.

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The outrage is about the needless loss of life, not about the color of the skin.
So you honestly think if the shooter and victim were both black, it would have still made national headlines? I don't believe that. I hear about murders out of Stockton about twice a week, almost always the people involved are black or hispanic. How many of them have you heard about?

With that aside, I'll say this about this new video: I don't like how the ABC logo is blocking him most of the time, but from what I can see, it sure as hell doesn't look like Zimmerman was beaten to a point were he would have been afraid for his life. Definitely doesn't look good for his case. He still needs to be brought to trial and justice needs to prevail. I still think his motive wasn't racism, but that he was a Barney Fife wannabe jackass. Unforunately, I think the Sanford PD f'd it up to the point where he may get off, and then all hell is going to break loose.

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It wouldn't be relevant to them. But, they've proven that they are up to some underhanded tricks, so it's relevant to the public and the DA...a non-biased DA, of course.
There is a new states prosecutor are you suggesting they are biased?

One thing I did find interesting in the video is Zimmerman's size he looks like he's in pretty good shape with a solid build. Either Trayvon is a lot bigger than the media is portraying, he got the jump on Zimmerman and was able to continue to press his advantage or quite simply Zimmerman can't fight.

I'm inclined to believe the middle option which would jive with what Zimmerman said in regards to be struck from behind. Because the Zimmerman I saw in the video doesn't get pinned to the grass by a 140-150 lb boy.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The Neighborhood Watch is not to confront strangers but to call the police with suspicious activity.
These are guidelines not laws. Do people know the difference? He can confront anyone he wants to verbally.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
There is a new states prosecutor are you suggesting they are biased?

One thing I did find interesting in the video is Zimmerman's size he looks like he's in pretty good shape with a solid build. Either Trayvon is a lot bigger than the media is portraying, he got the jump on Zimmerman and was able to continue to press his advantage or quite simply Zimmerman can't fight.

I'm inclined to believe the middle option which would jive with what Zimmerman said in regards to be struck from behind. Because the Zimmerman I saw in the video doesn't get pinned to the grass by a 140-150 lb boy.
Size is overated. I've known guys who are 250lbs beasts and wimp out when push comes to shove. A 170lbs guy with guts can take a 250lb coward.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This to me is far more important than what may or may not be in the video. If this was a video from let's say the gas station across the street or something than we could say ah ha! Yet this a police video they've had this for weeks and I'd like to assume this has been seen already by the prosecutors and the Feds. Yet Zimmerman is still walking around. If they don't charge him by the grand jury date, the case is just very weak, the new prosecutor said as much during an interview. The grand jury will indict most likely but the state will have to offer him a favorable plea deal which will just enrage people more.
I'm not sure what the video really proves other than the fact that he was actually cuffed, taken to the police station and questioned, when many thought that he was just "let go" after he told his half of the story. We just don't know how much time has lasped between the fight and his actually being taken to the station. And as you mentioned before, the man is still walking around. I'm sure that all of this and then some was taken into consideration a long time ago. Yet the "with us or against us crowd" still have no explanation for it.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
He was not bruised and beat like the police report. So thats a lie. Police report is full of monkey ****.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You think he had the intention to go gun down Martin that night? Did he report the suspicious activity? Yes... Did he confront Martin? Yes... Is it a law to obey the dispatcher? No... He is not a cop but he has every right to confront a stranger in the community that he is watching over... Where and when he felt fear for his life is his testimony... not anyone else's...
Did not hear fear in Zimmermans voice. What I did hear was that he was having an adrenal rush...he sounded like someone dear hunting...the description he was giving to the 911 operator sounded contrived...manipulative...the reaching into his waist band...the insinuation that the kid had a gun...only two people know what happened..and the kid is not talking...Zimmerman knows that...so do his lawyers and supporters who now believe - no culprits will dare enter their beloved and privledged gated community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies