Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes, I'm aware that's the only evidence we have (Zimmerman's statment), but if that is the truth, then TM is at fault. The current problem is that no one KNOWS what happened. It has to be brought to court. If Zimmerman is found by a jury to have shot TM unjustly, then he needs to pay for his crime. Likewise, if Zimmerman was the one who was pursued and attacked, and had a legitmate fear for his life, then he should be cleared of all charges. I'm not going to pretend to know what happened because I wasn't there. I can only respond to the scenarios that have been presented, that if "X" situation is the way it actually went down, then "X" should be the result. All anyone on either side is doing right now is speculating, and need to keep in mind that it's possible they're wrong.
Yes, but unless Zimmerman is hooked up to a lie detector test and the results can be proven reliable, we WON'T ever know how this all started. And the Sanford PD have screwed things up so much that any important evidence is nonexistent. I have no doubt that Zimmerman will walk.

But I'm wondering:

Phone records show that Trayvon was on the phone right before the altercation. Anyone who has been on a cellphone knows that you are distracted when you're talking. Makes little sense for Trayvon to try to "sneak" Zimmerman while he's still on the call. Concentration is usually called for to make this type of attack successful.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
As I said before, several times: The Lily White Angel Defense of Trayvon Martin has been revealed for the bullschit that it was.

Did he deserve to pay with his life? Absolutely not.

Does his background deserve thorough scrutiny to try to understand who he really was? Absolutely yes.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The Truth is always somewhere in the middle.

The instances about the PD preference were in 2005 and 2010 and were specifically related to relatives of officers. I think these incidents would fall under nepotism vs racism...
You have a very good point but in the end I feel the result is the same; a police department that chooseswhen to actually do police work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
ray1945, Based on how inarticulate the new acting Sanford chief is, I do not doubt for a minute the absolute amateurish nature of their pd. I'd have expected better in a rural town of 500, with their police chief.

Barney Fife would be an improvement.
I hate to add logs to the fire but I wonder if they just stuck him up there because he's black. When I saw him at the town hall meeting it was clear he'd been prepped with a handful of speaking points and wasn't able to say anything else.

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Im not saying he wasn't on the phone, just saying how was he on the phone "seconds before being shot", if he was in an altercation with Zimmerman during those moments/seconds before being shot.

The moments before he was shot he would not be on the phone if he was fighting Zimmerman. You don't have the phone on you, drop the call, break someones nose, drop to the ground, bash their head, beat them to a pulp, get a gun pulled and shot in seconds.
Must have missed someone making this claim. I have only read about Trayvon being on the phone right before the altercation.

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Default What happened to me last night (race, Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman)

Last night I was on the train coming home from work, and some toothless, long haired guy started randomly yelling, ranting in favor of Zimmerman and against the "mongrel hordes".

I told him to be quiet and he called me an animal, a mongrel, and a c***. To my face. I've never been talked to like that in my life.

The highly ironic fact is though, he was standing in that car ranting about black people in a train car full of ghetto black people with their pants hanging down, they were just shaking their heads and telling me, "Chill ma, chill."

I cried for an hour and a half after that.

I live in New York City. This was on the 2 train going into Brooklyn, of all places.

Until this past week honestly, I never gave race more than two passing thoughts. Maybe I'm naive as all heck.

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Oh but yet Barry isent race baiting?
Why would he? How does he benefit from this? (and I'm assuming you're speaking of Barack Obama not Barry Goldwater )

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I see we can talk about Martin but when I make a thread asking why is a 28 year old Zimmerman living off mommy and daddy still living at home I am told "oh that doesn't matter"

Exactly as suspected.
and it doesn't matter. That has nothing to do with the story or the events of the evening. He could have been 60 and living with mommy, what is the connedtion?

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
When he is sought for more questioning, I'd have no issue with his failure to do so immediately warranting a spot on America's Most Wanted, but I'd prefer bounty hunters not be involved, as they are often as over the top as the murderer we are discussing.

Zimmerman was handcuffed at the time of the shooting, placed in a police car, and taken to the station for interrogation. The D.A. reviewed the incident and ordered him released.

What do the panthers want?

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
He could be a dem operative ordered to do this to stir the pot.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:14 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
if trayvon was white and zimmerman
was black, old boy would be under
the jail right now-no questions asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies