Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,730,417 times

Advertisements

The FACT that Zimmerman gets his gun and Rotweiler and goes prowling the night looking for young boys in his SUV makes him sound more like John Wayne Gacy than Neighborhood Watch.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,507,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The FACT that Zimmerman gets his gun and Rotweiler and goes prowling the night looking for young boys in his SUV makes him sound more like John Wayne Gacy than Neighborhood Watch.
My boss does that, except he's on foot.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,167,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
My boss does that, except he's on foot.
your boss sounds deranged

Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,677,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Martin had school suspensions for tardiness, truancy, and one for graffiti-ing a locker. None of those are violent, and Martin doesn't have to be an angel to not be gunned down on his way back from a convenience store.

Zimmerman's criminal history included battery of an officer and domestic violence. Google is your friend.

George Zimmerman, Neighborhood Watch Captain Who Shot Trayvon Martin, Charged With Violence Before

To the tune of 46 times over a couple of months for everything from a kid is walking around in a hoodie to a window was left open???

Face it, the guy was a nut. A nut with a criminal history patrolling the neighborhood, no wonder why an unarmed kid gets shot.
In addition Zimmerman was a customer in a store and saw someone shoplifting and tackeled the person.

Normal people tell a manager about what they saw.

He is a cop wannabe who can't become a LEO because of his background.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,817,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well I'm not sure if you'd be charged with anything.
Probably not. Most people would probably say, "Man, if someone were swinging a samurai sword at me, I guess I'd have no choice but to unleash some hot lead." Getting "off the hook" in that scenario probably makes sense to most people. The focus would not be on how big and bad YOU are as the assailant. The focus would instead be on whether my reaction was a reasonable one.

The focus in the Trayvon Martin case, however, seems to be on everything but the reasonableness of the shooter. We're more concerned about "grills," criminal records, and who started what rather than the common sense of the shooter, which is really the only thing that's going to matter at the end of the day. Hopefully, a jury will get to decide whether Zimmerman acted reasonably after all of the evidence is in. I think I would have a hard time acquitting him because I don't see how the use of lethal force was necessary.

Zimmerman may add more to his story if he testifies. But I doubt he will. Why subject yourself unnecessarily to what's going to be a very harsh, thorough and intense cross-examination? He'd be better off just asserting the Fifth. But after reading his statement (or reading about his statement), I'm still wondering why he felt threatened to the extent that lethal force was the only option.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 PM

431 posts, read 943,852 times
Default Racial Double Standard

Trayvon Martin Tweets | Twitter Account | The Daily Caller
How come this guy gets killed and people want to erupt in violence, when it turns out the kid attacked the neighborhood watchman, was suspended from school had bags of jewelry and a big screw driver

Teen suspect in Old Bridge 'wilding' murder faces new charges | NJ.com
While 5 idiots randomly beat a family man to DEATH and they are still out walking the streets commiting more crimes?

Jeeze spike lee and Al sharpton are running around on Twitter posting the shooters address and people are putting bounties on the shooter's head. Spike Lee retweets George Zimmerman’s address | Twitchy

Why isn't anyone posting the 5 idiots addresses , protesting and putting bounties on their heads !?!? Look at the nonsense that is going on: http://www.local10.com/news/Police-T...z/-/index.html

Last edited by liamnwk; 03-27-2012 at 04:39 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
This quote from the CBS article speaks volumes:

Why are the police leaking information and confirming stories that corroborate Zimmerman? Aren't they supposed to be neutral? Or are they trying to justify their lack of performing due deligence on the evening of the killing?
The Sanford cops are not neutral. The stickers on their cars say "my other uniform is a white sheet"

Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,990,801 times
It's all a sign of the times.

Corruption all around. Media exploits. Jackson/Sharpton exploits.
Effects of greed and the hatred between labor and management.

Fear of thievery in the neighborhoods.

And now the "New Black Panthers" with a bounty on the shooter's head.

Somehow the only winners are going to be those that want a race war, so that more freedoms can be taken from the rest of us. DHS will call them Domestic Terror, and the new Japanese face recognition technology will be rushed to the cities. 36 million faces per second. (Now that's fast).

If i was into making money. Riot gear and security companies are a sure winner.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,141,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Yeah, if Obama had a son he would look like this:
Would be suspended several times, have someone else's jewelry on him along with a burglary tool, a drug pipe, drugs, cans of spray paint to deface property and probably a teleprompter.
You do know that is a fake picture don't you?

Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,294,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ull2015 View Post
This is all irrelevant to the case today...millions of people smoke weed and do graffiti...also the boy was never charged...none of this justifies him being shot. Zimmerman was racial profiling. He pursued the boy and escalated it to a physical situation. The freaking tapes where you could trayvon screaming help. The gun shots and then the screaming stops...this is ridiculous...
When it goes to character of the person who Zimmerman said jumped him, broke his nose and then slammed his head into cement, it all comes in.

These issues are indeed part of who Trayvon was in fact, along with his picture of flipping everyone off in gang signs and the old fashioned pants down around the ankles.
It all has to come in to show the kid was 6' 3", not 3' 6" and this was a troubled person.
I don't know how many kids YOU KNOW suspended from school three times; I know of none personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies