Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,605,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because he was the head of the neighborhood watch. That's what made it ok.
No, he wasn't.He was a 'SELF-APPOINTED' neighborhood watch-type person.

There was no neighborhood watch group.

I believe there is some sort of training that goes along with setting up a true Neighborhood Watch system. Did Zimmerman have any of that training?

No. He was SELF-APPOINTED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Maybe Zimmerman did just that and got punched for his efforts....we dont know yet...the truth will eventually come out
Yeah, once all parties memorize their stories...

Old 03-26-2012, 11:35 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,046,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, he wasn't.He was a 'SELF-APPOINTED' neighborhood watch-type person.

There was no neighborhood watch group.

I believe there is some sort of training that goes along with setting up a true Neighborhood Watch system. Did Zimmerman have any of that training?

No. He was SELF-APPOINTED.
It really cannot be any clearer...

South Florida neighborhood watch volunteers instructed not to pursue

"It is letting people think, 'I could possibly use deadly force and get away with it,'" Sen. Chris Smith, D-Fort Lauderdale, said Thursday. "I think you will see an increase in armed neighborhood watches. That's a concern for the future."

Whether the killing sparks an increase in vigilante-style confrontations remains to be seen.

South Florida's law enforcement agencies tell their sanctioned Citizens on Patrol volunteer programs, as well as local neighborhood watches: Report suspicious activity to 911. Don't play police officer. Don't pursue.

They're told not to intervene, only to report suspicious activity," said Broward sheriff's spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright. "They're prohibited from carrying weapons."

Trayvon Martin: South Florida neighborhood watch volunteers told not to pursue - Sun Sentinel

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-26-2012 at 11:43 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM

25,903 posts, read 24,612,520 times
If someone like Zimmerman came running after me, I would think he might want to assault me, he looks like a gang member himself How did he get his Jewish name in the first place?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM

628 posts, read 1,311,726 times
Quote:
Yeah, once all parties memorize their stories...
Well, I'm so happy for you that you have so much faith in an INDEPENDENTLY appointed prosecutor as well as the federal law enforcement investigation into this matter...not to mention a grand jury investigation. Sorry but the truth will come out.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,046,388 times
Quote:
Well, I'm so happy for you that you have so much faith in an INDEPENDENTLY appointed prosecutor as well as the federal law enforcement investigation into this matter...not to mention a grand jury investigation. Sorry but the truth will come out.
Hopefully the truth will come out despite the fact that the inept and possibly corrupted police department did not proceed with a proper invesitigation or collect and respect the integrity of forensic evidence. The entire group of so called law enforcement in Sanford, that were directly involved with this case should be discharged, on these grounds alone.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Huh?

The independent prosecutor will be asking the questions, not BE questioned.
The Feds will also be asking the questions; they will not BE questioned.

I guess I didn't spell it out clearly enough:

Everyone getting their stories memorized: by everyone I am referring to zimmerman, his new witness, the police at the scene, the chief of police.

I hope you're still happy for me!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,920,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I call for a Federal Ban on Jesse Jackson's entire family tree.

I second that and throw in Sharpton also,

Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM

628 posts, read 1,311,726 times
Quote:
Huh?

The independent prosecutor will be asking the questions, not BE questioned.
The Feds will also be asking the questions; they will not BE questioned.

I guess I didn't spell it out clearly enough:

Everyone getting their stories memorized: by everyone I am referring to zimmerman, his new witness, the police at the scene, the chief of police.

I hope you're still happy for me!
Huh? You dont believe that an independent prosecutor, a federal law enforcement investigation and a grand jury investigation { of course they will all be ASKING the questions} will not be able to determine if a bunch of witnesses have "got their stories straight"? You dont think any or all of these law enforcement groups have the ability to sniff out a lie or a coverup among several different witnesses?
You spelled it out clearly enough...you dont know what the heck you are talking about...thats clear enough

Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,038,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yet another odd development. First people screw up society, and then they feel the need to hide away from it. I would feel like in a prison in one of those gated communities

Plus, I am not so sure a gated community allows everyone to ask everyone else why they are there. That would be a profiler's (here a euphemism for racist) paradise.
Here it says they will report anything or anyone suspicious to the police, not that they actually do anything:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._in_Durham.jpg
Not only that,I would feel like I was living among the TRUE American bottom feeders in one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I second that and throw in Sharpton also,
To soon to rep ya again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies