Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
If Zimmerman is not arrested or arrested but not convicted then yes. But not to worry they always riot and loot their own hoods. There has never been a riot in any of the places I would step foot into anyway.
I was deployed in a mutual assistance to the Rodney King riots. I never understood the point of destroying your own area.
Me either, but then again I don't see the point of a riot either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Depending on who wins the NCAA tournament, April 2nd.
University of Kentucky ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 11:58 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2LAFTW View Post
Hopefully there are riots and lots of police are killed.
hate much?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD2LAFTW View Post
Hopefully there are riots and lots of police are killed.

Yeah, because that's the solution. More violence.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Let's see, hoffa jr puts out a call to 'take out their political enemies!"

The NBP incite a riot and call for vigilante justice and Eric Holder is suing states over immigration laws and sending guns to MX while imprisoning border guards.

Obama warns not to bring a knife to a gun fight and tells Hispanics to punish their political enemies.

The news media spins racial tension at every opportuinty to compliment the Dems class warfare strategy.

Some asked why gun sales and permits were up from already unprecedented numbers? No clue.

No riots as there would be no opposition to riot against, just an overwhelming defeat for obama in November.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Let's hope that when it happens some of the MSM are in the middle of it. It would be justice since it is they who fan the flames of this kind of thing.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Really? And you know this how?

We have a very angry country right now. Not just because of this incident. You have a lot of people of all races struggling.

We also have a population of young people, a generation or two who are insensitive and lack empathy for others, more so then generations of the past.(Not all but enough).

There is a disconnect today amongst people.

Add in the bad economy and an incident like this with the media stirring the pot, the chances are very good for civil unrest.

There are a lot of people of all races who are angry for many reasons, and this incident could bring it all to a head.

If you think otherwise, then please post your reasons.

Otherwise your post is quite flippant.
My post wasn't merely flippant, but ULTRA-flippant because there isn't gonna be any riots. Sorry to disappoint you.

As for "struggling" being a reason for anger, no worries. Just give the average American an SUV and a big screen TV, and they'll forget all about their struggles. We're a nation of people that are bought off quite easily and cheaply.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
He has to worry about the black panthers doing it,or some random black person doing it.
Really?

Hmmm....where have black folks had a history of retaliating against whites that have killed blacks unjustifiably? Huh?

The men that killed Emmit Till and Medgar Evers walked around til they were old men. Why weren't they killed?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Black student angry over evolution lesson. She hates everybody!

Jonatha Carr Expelled from FAU After Threatening to Kill Professor Stephen Kajiura Over Evolution Question About Blacks | The Hinterland Gazette

Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM

219 posts, read 922,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
If Zimmerman is not arrested or arrested but not convicted then yes. But not to worry they always riot and loot their own hoods. There has never been a riot in any of the places I would step foot into anyway.
I was deployed in a mutual assistance to the Rodney King riots. I never understood the point of destroying your own area.
That's probably because 90% of the businesses in that area of LA were 't Korean or white owned. You should actually read up on the incident of why Koreans were a main target in that riot.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The MAIN reason your big stores like Safeway, WalMart and so on aren't in the 'hood is there's NO money to be made because of theft, vandalism and so on. That's why the small mom and pops charge lots of money to cover their losses. That's right: I BLAME the hood rats for why they don't have decent things, NOT Corporate America.
No,not true.
I believe they charge more because unfortunately,the goverment pays anyway.

For example,something is $2 in the suburbs(let's say a bag og apples). Its fresh and clean.
In the ghetto,those apples would be $3,and wouldn't be too fresh. Why? Because a lot pay with food stamps. The working poor who don't get food stamps suffer the most from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies