Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama and the Democrats love to stir up the racial pot along with the media. If I was a White Hispanic I would find someone else to vote for in the election.

It would be nice to see him lose the White Hispanic vote and the election.
Hmmm, do the libs have a box with that label on it? If so, Zimmerman better make sure it gets in it and starts reading all about how he is supposed to act, and which political party he is supposed to belong to. We simply cannot have people showing individualism by having the audacity of getting out of their boxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
"Hispanic" is almost a meaningless term for a racial/color designation. Let me amend that-it's useless. "Hispanic" Mexicans have mixtures with indigenous people. Many South American countries have mixes with former African slaves (See Under: Brazil) and then, of course, there's the Caribbean.
As much as "people of color" sounds like total politically correct BS, it's accurate to describe just that- a person of color. Color other than pink/white, like Caucasian. I say this as a pure Caucasian, 100 percent Ukraine, except for Mongol invaders from Asia and so forth.
These racial designations get more and more absurd.
I agree. I'm technically White Hispanic. My mom's from a South American country (and her family's been there for a bit) and my dad's from Canada, tracing back to England. But to most folks I look white. I don't look like what most people think of when they think "hispanic". I "sound" white, "act" white, and my full name sounds incredibly white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies